College Football 2005 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football 2005

TjHawk said:
either way Oklahoma aint going to a BCS game this year, sorry to break your heart kid but be prepared

Please explain to me the logic of OU having thier worst season. And Iowa being ranked that high. Now Iowa are good, good enough to not lose a game in the regualr season but not a national championchip. And stop disrespectin everyone's team here. Florida is a much better team thta Iowa, and dont bring up the past. USC can beat ya, OU can beat ya, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, or maybe even Ohio State this year.

O yea dont call me Kid.

FinFan90 said:
Please explain to me the logic of OU having thier worst season. And Iowa being ranked that high. Now Iowa are good, good enough to not lose a game in the regualr season but not a national championchip. And stop disrespectin everyone's team here. Florida is a much better team thta Iowa, and dont bring up the past. USC can beat ya, OU can beat ya, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, or maybe even Ohio State this year.

O yea dont call me Kid.

Well kid for starters I never said Iowa would win the national championship I believe i had them 3rd and unless there having a triple threat game for the championship, I dont see that happening. As for you're damn Sooners you yourself said LSU was nothing like they were two years ago. Well Oklahoma is even farther away from a national championship than LSU, hence by you're own words Oklahoma should be worse than USC and LSU. The only reason I had Oklahoma out of my top five is because I had them losing to texas. Which could happen so dont go saying that Oklahoma is 100% lock to win that game thats just absurd. And there is no way you can say Florida (or any other team outside of USC) is a "much" better team than Iowa. They have proven over the last two bowl games that not only can they contend with the SEC's best, but that it can out physical them also. Since Kirk Ferentz is still the coach at Iowa I aint going to bet against the best coach in college football. And before you go all off about saying how great Bob Stoops(who i have nothing against, being that hes a former Hawkeye) is. You could go pick any guy in Oklahoma and he would win every game except the Texas game and the bowl game(which Stoops aint doing so hot either lately).

TjHawk said:
Well kid for starters I never said Iowa would win the national championship I believe i had them 3rd and unless there having a triple threat game for the championship, I dont see that happening. As for you're damn Sooners you yourself said LSU was nothing like they were two years ago. Well Oklahoma is even farther away from a national championship than LSU, hence by you're own words Oklahoma should be worse than USC and LSU. The only reason I had Oklahoma out of my top five is because I had them losing to texas. Which could happen so dont go saying that Oklahoma is 100% lock to win that game thats just absurd. And there is no way you can say Florida (or any other team outside of USC) is a "much" better team than Iowa. They have proven over the last two bowl games that not only can they contend with the SEC's best, but that it can out physical them also. Since Kirk Ferentz is still the coach at Iowa I aint going to bet against the best coach in college football. And before you go all off about saying how great Bob Stoops(who i have nothing against, being that hes a former Hawkeye) is. You could go pick any guy in Oklahoma and he would win every game except the Texas game and the bowl game(which Stoops aint doing so hot either lately).

Ok, ok, I agree, the reason I say LSU was nothing like tehy were two years ago and that would mean that tehy wouldnt be good this year is because Nick Saban had teh right formula for those NFL calibur players. Les Miles isnt a kind of guy who can work with those kinds of players very well. This doesnt mean that they cant contend for a national championchip, anyone in the top 10 can cause it is college football and you never know.

TjHawk said:
Hey I' am not the only person in the country that thinks Iowa can go undeafted this year. Hawkeye fan or not

Oh well in that case, you must be right.

SpeedRush99 said:
Oh well in that case, you must be right.

:lol: :lol:

K guys lets stop hating on everyones team and jsut talk football instead of saying who is better that who just by bringing up the past.

FinFan90 said:

K guys lets stop hating on everyones team and jsut talk football instead of saying who is better that who just by bringing up the past.

Who's hating? :D

Mostly TJHawk and myself for talking bad bout Iowa. Srry everyone if I offeneded u for saying ur team suked or soemthing.

FinFan90 said:

Ok Ok truce Like I said I got nothing against Oklahoma or Florida(who out of the three Florida teams I like the best easily too). Just FinFan started talking bad about LSU and being that I graduted from there I may have got a little carried away. Im sorry. It just that I am very passionate about college football and or any of my favorite sports teams. I look forward to further discussions.

TjHawk said:
Ok Ok truce Like I said I got nothing against Oklahoma or Florida(who out of the three Florida teams I like the best easily too). Just FinFan started talking bad about LSU and being that I graduted from there I may have got a little carried away. Im sorry. It just that I am very passionate about college football and or any of my favorite sports teams. I look forward to further discussions.

yea when it comes to College Football I am very passionate and some would say a homer. I wanst dissin LSU I just thought it was surprising for them to be number 2 after last year. I also look forward to the season and breaking down to yall how OU will rule the NCAA. lol jk guys may teh best team win.

new topic... lest see

Lets talk bout Sleeper teams (your opinion, not ESPN's)

Mine are

1. LSU- Lots of NFL calibur talent coming back. Les Miles at OSU brought them back to a national power kinda, and he will do teh same with LSU.

2. Tennessee- How can ESPN say they are overated?!?! They have practicly every guy coming back. Look for them to surprise teh SEC and possibly teh NCAA.

3. Va Tech- Lots of returning guys and another VIck at QB thic could be a plus. ACC champx once again and a definet BCS bowl bid.

4. Oklahoma-Simply cause everyone hates em and thinks they are overated. :D

5. Ohio State-They are creeping back to national contention. A key game with Texas at the Ohio State will show how good both teams are. Big Ten champs maybe depending on the Texas game.

what r ur guys's sleepers?

All bias aside, I do think Tennessee is overrated. A top 10 team? Probably but I think they will have to duke it out with Florida for SEC this year. Last year's game was as tight as possible with some young players losing their cool and refs blowing calls. With all the off field problems they've had this year (something like 11 players in legal trouble) combined with the fact that Florida finally has a top notch, no-BS coach that they desperately need with all their young talent. Its gonna be a very exciting season in the SEC.

SpeedRush99 said:
All bias aside, I do think Tennessee is overrated. A top 10 team? Probably but I think they will have to duke it out with Florida for SEC this year. Last year's game was as tight as possible with some young players losing their cool and refs blowing calls. With all the off field problems they've had this year (something like 11 players in legal trouble) combined with the fact that Florida finally has a top notch, no-BS coach that they desperately need with all their young talent. Its gonna be a very exciting season in the SEC.

stop making me think how good this year will be, man HOW MUCH MORE LONGER!
it not fair!!!

Sleepers

I would have to say Purdue and V. Tech but have to think about it longer though.

TjHawk said:
Sleepers

I would have to say Purdue and V. Tech but have to think about it longer though.

Really? You would consider VT a sleeper? They've had a pretty solid team the last couple years. And were in the running for the ACC til the very end last year.

SpeedRush99 said:
Really? You would consider VT a sleeper? They've had a pretty solid team the last couple years. And were in the running for the ACC til the very end last year.

Granted they did win the ACC last year. But who does every one talk about Miami and Florida State. So they constantly fly under the radar. Which is sad cause every1 should know Beamerball by now.

Back
Top Bottom