*** College Football Bowl Betting Thread *** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** College Football Bowl Betting Thread ***

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's what looks good with initial lines being set...

LINES

Ohio State +2
Baylor -9
Stanford +3
Michigan -2
Clemson -3.5

Alabama +1 (or OUTRIGHT)

Over/Under

Clemson/West Virginia OVER (60)
Florida State/Notre Dame UNDER (48)
LSU/Alabama OVER (39)
Stanford/Oklahoma State UNDER (75)
Baylor/Washington UNDER (78)

I need more of a read on the Arkansas v. Kansas State game and the Penn State v. Houston game.

If Arkansas gets up early on K-State, I'm not sure their passing game is structured to come from behind and get them back in it against a team like the Razorbacks. Conversely, Arkansas has already shown they can storm back from a deficit against a Big-12 opponent. They were down 14-0, 28-14, and 35-17 at various points in the game against aTm... won it 42-38.

They have the best passing attack in the SEC... and they'll surprise you with their ability to run the ball with Dennis Johnson. Not to mention they have a huge edge in special teams with the most electrifying punt returner in the country with Joe Adams, and Dennis Johnson on kick offs.

Both teams got screwed by the BCS. Arkansas could theoretically be the 3rd best team in the country.

The Penn St./Houston matchup is one of the best of the bowl season in terms of a contrast in styles. Ol' school, stubborn, stingy, physical defense.. vs. high flying, high octane, finesse offense.

Penn St.'s defense is top 5 in scoring, and top 5 against the pass. Top 10 in total defense.

Houston's offense is statistically the best in the country in terms of points and passing, but doing it against cupcakes. They had a lot of trouble against a team that could play a little defense in Southern Miss. Penn St. has better depth and better athletes on defense than Southern Miss. It's going to boil down to how much intensity they bring with them playing in an irrelevant bowl game against an opponent from a non-BCS conference.

something i've learned thru all my years betting on college football...the money to be made is in the regular season...the bowl season is a crap shoot...no matter how great that line looks...those 3 weeks to prepare MATTER

always killed it in the regular season on home favs and top teams to cover always limped home in the bowl season on what one would think was "easy money"

something i've learned thru all my years betting on college football...the money to be made is in the regular season...the bowl season is a crap shoot...no matter how great that line looks...those 3 weeks to prepare MATTER

always killed it in the regular season on home favs and top teams to cover always limped home in the bowl season on what one would think was "easy money"

Totally agree. But I've gotten pretty good at figuring out who will "get up" for what.

I think Oklahoma State is better than Stanford but everything for Oklahoma State was about getting their shot at LSU. Now they've checked out mentally.

Same kinda thing a couple of years ago when we know Alabama was a better team than Utah but Utah won.

Totally agree. But I've gotten pretty good at figuring out who will "get up" for what.

I think Oklahoma State is better than Stanford but everything for Oklahoma State was about getting their shot at LSU. Now they've checked out mentally.

Same kinda thing a couple of years ago when we know Alabama was a better team than Utah but Utah won.

who will "get up" absolutely matters...take uva for instance...they're stoked to be in that chick fil a new years eve bowl i know they are...auburn i'm sure they have a been there done that mentality...but its still an sec team vs an acc team and if i do bet on it being i'm a uva fan i will do so only for entertainment purposes while i'm watching it...adds flavor no doubt...

i would think okla st is the pick vs stanford also but then again those brainiacs at stanford and andrew luck at qb with 3 weeks to prepare says that stanford could blow the okla st d's minds with formations and sets etc just like they did va tech last bowl season...so all i can say is i'd want to be up pretty big before i dropped a chunk of loot on that game...if i'm in the hole thats not the one i'm doubling up on i know that

Here's what looks good with initial lines being set...

LINES

Ohio State +2
Baylor -9
Stanford +3
Michigan -2
Clemson -3.5

Alabama +1 (or OUTRIGHT)

Over/Under

Clemson/West Virginia OVER (60)
Florida State/Notre Dame UNDER (48)
LSU/Alabama OVER (39)
Stanford/Oklahoma State UNDER (75)
Baylor/Washington UNDER (78)

I need more of a read on the Arkansas v. Kansas State game and the Penn State v. Houston game.

charlesbarkleymiddlefingervideoflipsbird-1.jpg

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom