College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Watch out for Tom Izzo and Mich St. Im really liking their chances to make a serious run in the tournament. They have smart veteran players and when they play solid defense they are going to be a tough out for anyone.

Kentucky is clearly the most talented team, however experience could bite them when it matters. Thats the problem with being a program built on cheating that "recruits" the best players each year knowing most of them will enter the NBA draft at seasons end.

The other 3 teams I could see contending for the championship are Syracuse, UNC, and Kansas. I feel like one of the 5 should win it, but a lot can happen in the tourney.

Just curious, what do you think of Ohio State, WV?

Strong team. Sullinger is nasty. Their trouble lies when they dont get scoring from Buford. He is key for them. If a team locks down on him and he isnt hitting shots for OSU, they can be beaten by good teams.

i think kentuckys youth could bite em in a one and done scenario...mich st is always a tough out...i don't see this year being any different...cuse looks awfully good to me but something about them has me skittish...this things wide open imo...missou could go on a run with how they can score and that tempo on offense and i don't think kansas has what it takes this year to make the final 4

Along with UK's inexperience, you have to watch out for their weak conference schedule. The SEC is more or less horrible and UK has been playing those teams since just after the New Year. It's really like shooting fish in a barrel for them, it always has been (except for the Gillispe years). UK will run into a team in March that will play them like Mississippi State did last night, except that team will be better coached (Rick Stansbury can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag).

Plus I sorry but I still wouldn't trust Calipari in a big game. Sure they made the Final Four last season, but that could have easily been a fluke.

WV, I told someone the other day that Tom Izzo is the Nick Saban of college basketball. That dude is one hell of a coach. Incredibly underrated.

That said, I hate this lousy tournament. **** Wofford.

:lol: :lol:

WV, I told someone the other day that Tom Izzo is the Nick Saban of college basketball. That dude is one hell of a coach. Incredibly underrated.

That said, I hate this lousy tournament. **** Wofford.

:lol: :lol:
How is it lousy? This tournament produces some real entertaining matchups.

Too many nobodies in the tournament for me. Hate watching Duke and Kentucky Sandusky a couple of cosmetology schools in the first round.

Trim this **** down to 16 teams and get rid of those automatic bid teams that people feel sorry for. It's like field day in elementary school where even the fat kids that couldn't cross the finish line got 11th place ribbons.

Don't get me started. I've said too much already.

:lol:

I think the champ will come from UNC, UK, SU. I don't think MSU can win it all or Kansas.

Too many nobodies in the tournament for me. Hate watching Duke and Kentucky Sandusky a couple of cosmetology schools in the first round.

Trim this **** down to 16 teams and get rid of those automatic bid teams that people feel sorry for. It's like field day in elementary school where even the fat kids that couldn't cross the finish line got 11th place ribbons.

Don't get me started. I've said too much already.

:lol:

maybe we should have computers determine a champion like in CFB? The NCAA BB tourney is the best postseason in all of sports and it's not close.

Don't get him started. This was a contentious debate last March with him. He doesn't get that if you limit the tournament participation then it lessens college basketball as a whole. For the lower seeded teams it's not really about winning the whole thing. It's about getting into the tournament because it's a privilage to play in it. It rewards the kids for good play. If every once in a while a lower seeded team surprises people, so be it. Because you know, as #8 seed, Villinova had no business even being in the tournament much less winning the whole thing.:rolleyes2:

SU is really deep this year and they also play incredible zone D.Syracuse depends alot on fast break offense..If you play great half court D you can really frustrate their offensive Sets. Kentucky is a team that can run with Syracuse..but I am not sure how good they are on D. What are the great defensive teams going into the tourney? Louisville plays great D and SU played like crap against them and still won....Gonna be interesting tho.

Don't get him started. This was a contentious debate last March with him. He doesn't get that if you limit the tournament participation then it lessens college basketball as a whole. For the lower seeded teams it's not really about winning the whole thing. It's about getting into the tournament because it's a privilage to play in it. It rewards the kids for good play. If every once in a while a lower seeded team surprises people, so be it. Because you know, as #8 seed, Villinova had no business even being in the tournament much less winning the whole thing.:rolleyes2:

Everyone gets in. Makes college basketball worthless in the regular season....which really sucks. I used to really enjoy college basketball. Now it's just so watered down. But I will say that the one and done rule is what really hinders the sport the most. People don't know these players anymore. As soon as the step on campus they're hopping to the NBA. Fans don't fall in love with teams the way they used to.

Also, pretty sure that UCONN...a program with incredible history and a #3 seed won it all last season. UCONN had one of the best players in college basketball as well as one of the best coaches and they came out of the best conference.

Big boys win this thing.

Go ahead and say goodbye to Morehead State.

Back
Top Bottom