College starts of QBs drafted by our FO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College starts of QBs drafted by our FO

FinHopeful

Starter
Reaction score
I recently read an article (frustrated by not finding it again) that showed the correlation between number of college starts and success in the NFL. My memory is that approximately 65% of QBs with over 22 starts, two full college seasons, succeed and approximately 65% of QBs with fewer than 22 starts fail. Both of the QBs drafted by our current FO have over 40 starts, more than 3 full season of experience.

Chad Henne 47 starts
Pat White 42 starts

Related Information

Chad Henne (47 starts, 59.7 percent completion rate)
Matt Ryan (32 starts, 59.9 percent completion rate)
Joe Flacco (26 starts, 63.4 percent completion rate)

Pat White or not I am still on the Henne Bandwagon, I love how he always looks so pissed off. Would love to see him leading an offense in the 4th quarter of a meaningful game. To see what he is made of.

Some of the greatest moments I have of Marino was during the fourth quarter watching him command the offense. He had this intensity about him, the look he would give receivers after they dropped a ball or missed a pattern was stonecold.

I am not saying he is going to be Marino but for some reason I see character similarities in both. I guess I am just dying to see that intensity again from our QB spot.
Chubbs

henne will be great trust me. his struggles at michigan were caused by bad defense and an over conservative coach that didnt open up the offense until his last game. there is now reason carr shouldnt have gotten a nc when hart and henne where there, but outside of the 11-1 season they never had a defense that was worth having

Anyone care to look that stat up from an historical perspective with respect to Parcells' past picks?

I think it was the AFC East blog by Tim Graham where he listed the QBs drafted this year and White had the most starts altogether with another QB whose name I can't remember. It seems like a pattern for this FO. I'm fine with it.

Gameday experience is invaluable. I hear on NFL network yesterday someone talking along the same lines. It was more about QB's who play 4 years collegiately vs. players who declare for the draft early. The success rates were night and day.

Gameday experience is invaluable. I hear on NFL network yesterday someone talking along the same lines. It was more about QB's who play 4 years collegiately vs. players who declare for the draft early. The success rates were night and day.

That is why sanchez will be a bust and white/henne will be studs.

I tried to lookup the number of games started before 2000, and it is very difficult. Here are the picks.

1991 Scott Zolak, QB 4th round Maryland
1993 Drew Bledsoe, QB 1st round Washington State
1994 Jay Walker, QB 7th round Howard
1997 Chuck Clements, QB 6th round Houston
2001 Quincy Carter, QB 2nd round Georgia
2007 Chad Henne (47), QB 2nd round Michigan
2008 Pat White, (42) QB 2nd round West Virginia

That is why sanchez will be a bust and white/henne will be studs.

I think so too. He made a serious mistake declaring early. Then again he likely saw how Leinharts stock dropped by staying in college his senior year. Personally, I don't think Sanchez is even as good as Leinhart. In Arizona at least Leinhart can actually learn from a quality vet. Who is Sanchez going to learn from. Some guy paranoid about losing his job?

We laughed at the Jests last year.. looks like the AFC will be laughing at them for a few years more.

Back
Top Bottom