Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae?

It's going to be great on this board next season when we're getting torched through the air. The NFL becomes a more open/pass oriented league so what does Jeff Ireland do? He does away with his two proven CB's over a span of 7 months. The grass isn't always greener, which i guess a lot of people didn't learn when we traded Brandon Marshall with no contingency plan.

well our pass defense wasnt that great this year but i still dont agree with trading Vontae

Aside from an ability to not only not make a big play but dropping numerous Int's, Sean Smith led the league in allowing 1st downs and TDs combined. His lack of production won't be hard to replace.

I think when they traded away davis , they made the decision that smith was their guy going forward. I will be shocked if smith isn't a dolphin next year.

It's going to be great on this board next season when we're getting torched through the air. The NFL becomes a more open/pass oriented league so what does Jeff Ireland do? He does away with his two proven CB's over a span of 7 months. The grass isn't always greener, which i guess a lot of people didn't learn when we traded Brandon Marshall with no contingency plan.
Um we were getting torched with Smith hell he was the one usually torched. I don't get the "yeah let's create more holes" whining when Smith is the biggest hole on our secondary.

Sean"Stonehands"Smith....C YA!! Guy's softer than a box of Kleenex Tired of his act....Period!

So I take it that no one in the Colts front office was there when Smith embarrassed himself against the Colts in that game last year? Ty Hilton's go-ahead TD? Doesn't ring any bells? Sean Smith's career nutshell in one play? Didn't see that?

hahahahahahahah

I'm going to call it now. If we let Sean Smith walk, it's going to bite us in the ass. We simply don't have the resources to replace 2 starting WRs, starting TE, starting LT/RT, 2 starting CBs, and whatever else everyone wants to let walk because how dare they not play for the vet minimum. Smith is a competant CB who has had success against high-end WRs in this league. You don't replace that so easily...

Amen.

We have become so mediocre fans beg to keep average players that are a liability

People who think letting Smith walk is a good idea due to him not being elite is idiotic. We have ZERO depth a corner and Smith, while not being lock down nor a game changer at this point, is still head and shoulders better than any of our other options this off-season. Smith has a big frame, can run, and is a guy we need to match up against the bigger more physical wr's. If Smith walks via FA for 8mill per somewhere else it will haunt us for years. He's only 25 and has already garnered so much valuable experience. The guy is still developing and his ceiling is astronomical. He could very well develop into an elite cb over the next few seasons. Another thing I don't understand is why so many poster's on here have sooooo much hate for him. I mean he played very solid for us last season. Did he have some harsh moments? sure did but name me one corner in football anywhere who didnt get beat a few times..... That happens. Also yeah he may not hit like a freight train like Vontae but when he gets his hands one you you go down. According to PFF he had a great percentage of making tackles. Granted PFF is not a extremely valuable source but still they do their research.

In conclusion.... If those of you that want Smith gone get their wish, they will be filled with regret down the road. Smith is the best corner available to us this league year maybe other than Milliner. And that would call for a huge trade up.

We cant afford to lose Smith, period. Pay they man 8mill per and cut Marshall ($4mill per) and Patterson($4mill per). Then let Caroll, McCann, and multiple draft picks compete for the other boundary. We have so many holes and can fill a huge one right here locking down our very good but not spectacular yet still developing #1 CB.

I can't seriously be the only one who feeels this way?

BTW The colts were foolish for trading for VD but they are dead on trying to nab Smith.

So I take it that no one in the Colts front office was there when Smith embarrassed himself against the Colts in that game last year? Ty Hilton's go-ahead TD? Doesn't ring any bells? Sean Smith's career nutshell in one play? Didn't see that?

hahahahahahahah
And if you actually rewatch that play... Smith had responsibility elswhere yet he made the read and floated back to cut that route off from the backside. It was actually great diagnosis by him... He failed to make the play on the ball granted... But that was not a "horrid" play as so many fans on here seem to think.
And he had far fewer moments like that than he did had moments like 2 int's against Fitz.. one of the games best

As it looks right now, our starting CB's will be Patterson and Marshall. Not because of talent but because of price tags. Each is making over 4 million so no way we pay those two and invest 8 million in a third corner.

Sean Smith is our biggest hole in the Secondary?!?!?! Have you guys seen Nolan Carroll play before??? How about Richard Marshall? You guys wouldn't know a good DB if it was staring you in the face and you had the #12 overall pick in the draft... neither would Jeff Ireland for that matter.

We have one of the worst secondary in the league. And it isn't because of Smith.

Smith will leave and become that shut down corner. Bank it. Its how it always goes down. They play in miami and suck then leave and become great and vice versa. Smith is a good cover corner. Now when you ask him to play zone then he becomes a liability. A lot of people on this board just watch the football game instead of actually analyzing the play. This isnt baseball where no matter where the ball is hit or who its hit too, every player already knows their assignment. Letting sean smith walk is just plain stupid (unless we sign grimes or cox) other than that you dont let him walk. Even if we plan to go after milliner.

Back
Top Bottom