Combine withdrawals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine withdrawals

Fin Thirteen

Club Member
Reaction score
Keenan Allen won't participate, as his PCL tear hasn't healed. That will hurt him on draft day, imo.

On the other hand, Kawann Short's draft stock has probably peaked after the Senior Bowl. He's not likely to test as well as a lot of DTs, so I'm not surprised he has suddenly pulled a hamstring.

Ditto Eddie Lacy, who will rest on his Bowl appearance and who has also picked up a sudden hamstring injury.

Allen could fall pretty hard. He's one of the guys who had a lot to dispel. Lot of average athlete talk surrounding him. Hope it makes him fall to 42.

allen out...well that's a bummer...i don't know how anyone can watch his cal tape and say "average athlete"

totally agree on short...he wants to avoid showing as average vs the dt class in that setting for as long as he can

someones gonna end up stealing allen probably late in round 1 due to this injury...the strong getting stronger

Keenan Allen is a big bodied receiver without the big body stiffness that normally comes with big receivers. Kids an athlete.

Denard Robinson, who has everything to prove going into the Combine if he wants to be taken seriously as a multi-threat player or WR, is going to play through a nerve injury in his hand, which is giving him numbness.

Either that, or he's getting his excuses in early!

that guy as a slot wr is nothing but a projection...way too risky in the early rounds...with a slot you want polish...robinson has none

that guy as a slot wr is nothing but a projection...way too risky in the early rounds...with a slot you want polish...robinson has none
With the right team and coaching there is a lot of potential with Denard Robinson. I don't like him for us cause we really can't afford to be overly patient but on a team like the Packers where they can use him like they use Randall Cobb (as a RB/slot receiver/return man) he has the potential to make an impact in the NFL. You can't deny his athleticism and he's got a lot of heart, he's also a team player...I think you're half way there with the kid already.

allen out...well that's a bummer...i don't know how anyone can watch his cal tape and say "average athlete"

totally agree on short...he wants to avoid showing as average vs the dt class in that setting for as long as he can

Not average at all when you consider his size (which btw I would love to get an accurate measurement on that). However, if you do not consider his size...then yes he's kind of average, athletically. Which leads to the question how much he is able to hurt opponents with size. If he's able to Brandon Marshall everyone on the field (I'm using him as a verb because his physicality is a force of nature) then obviously average athlete won't matter. If not...

I've actually moved Denard Robinson to runningback on my board. He has too much trouble catching the football to ever pan out as a receiver. However, as a change-of-pace back/returner I think he can be a factor.

Keenan Allen certainly isn't an average athlete, he's just made to look average compared to a kid like Cordarrelle Patterson after everyone finally caught on. This is a case of good athleticism vs. special athleticism. Not good athleticism vs. average athleticism.

I would continue to work Denard Robinson at wide receiver and see if his hands improve when he's no longer fighting injury issues. He was trying to catch the football at the Senior Bowl while literally not being able to feel his fingers. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine being able to feel your fingers is pretty important in catching a football that is spinning toward you at 50-60 miles per hour.

speaking of size is patterson really gonna measure out at 6 ft 3??? i doubt it...keenan allen probably won't either...but if i got to choose one of them i'm taking allen and his polish...maybe not as explosive or elusive with the rac but i see high end nfl wr and consistent production player...

none of these wrs though would warrant top 5 bpa in any draft talk...

Back
Top Bottom