Combine wont decide Fin Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine wont decide Fin Pick

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
A source at the Scouting Combine in Indy has shared with us some scuttlebutt regarding the Dolphins' possible plans with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.
As the rumors go, nothing that happens in Indianapolis will compel the Fins to make up their minds.

They supposedly like defensive end Chris Long, defensive end/linebacker Vernon Gholston, quarterback Matt Ryan, and defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis. The thinking is that they'll pass on an offensive lineman in round one because they believe that the draft is deep in that category, and that they can address those needs later.

I agree with the idea of drafting an OL so high, the whole thing with Robert Gallery and the Raiders scares the hell out of me. If we keep the pick it will fall to Ryan, Long and RunDMC. Yea that right RunDMC. Brown can always be traded and Im a huge Ronnie fan.​

yea i dont think we will draft a OL that early maybe if we were to trade with dallas then we might but i doubt it

yea i dont think we will draft a OL that early maybe if we were to trade with dallas then we might but i doubt it
I think J.Long would be a much more safe pick for us than an undersized DT, one with injury problems or a QB who I think a couple guys we could get in the later rounds would be just as good or better. Oh Yeah! He gave up only TWO sacks his entire 4 yrs in college, if that's correct. I bet J. Beck loves the sound of that!!!:up:

I think J.Long would be a much more safe pick for us than an undersized DT, one with injury problems or a QB who I think a couple guys we could get in the later rounds would be just as good or better. Oh Yeah! He gave up only TWO sacks his entire 4 yrs in college, if that's correct. I bet J. Beck loves the sound of that!!!:up:
.....and by the way, I didn't want that to sound like I don't like Dorsey, whom I think will be a great player in the NFL, it's just, I don't think he's a perfect fit for us and i think J.Long would be a better, safer pick.

the honest reason why the top has gotten more cloudy is only because Gholston has done so well

I think Gholston will be our guy if we are there. His speed will get BP excited liek Ware.

Back
Top Bottom