Comcast Outage Dade/Broward | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comcast Outage Dade/Broward

Michael Scott

1 of 1
Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having major issues? My service survived the storm, and went down yesterday at 9am (cable and internet). It's pretty widespread based on the people I know having the same issues. According to customer service, it could be out for some time. Heard it all from 6-10pm today, to Sept. 18, to Sept. 29.

Anyone know of a hotel in the area that has NFL Sunday ticket? I refuse to miss football again and I don't want to stay at someone's house from 1pm-12am on a Sunday.

I have a comcast outage too. I had it when power came back on, but lost it a couple hours later. I think they must have cut the line while fixing power somehow.

Just get a digital HD antenna. That's what I use instead of cable TV. I only have comcast for internet. It gets a crystal clear image of CBS in HD and it only costs like $20. You can pick one up at target.

ya, all the broadcast and local channels

it does depend a bit on the location of your place. My apartment faces north so I can only get Palm Beach channels. And ABC doesn't come in well. If you face south you should be able to pick up the Miami channels fine.

Comcast went down last night at about 10 or so... Finally about 11:30 under the philosophy of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" I reset my modem and after it fired up in about 10-15 minutes, I was back online and and also getting dial tones. (north Broward County)

Anyone else having major issues? My service survived the storm, and went down yesterday at 9am (cable and internet). It's pretty widespread based on the people I know having the same issues. According to customer service, it could be out for some time. Heard it all from 6-10pm today, to Sept. 18, to Sept. 29.

Anyone know of a hotel in the area that has NFL Sunday ticket? I refuse to miss football again and I don't want to stay at someone's house from 1pm-12am on a Sunday.

AT&T Uverse is out forever. I doubt it will be up by Sunday. Get yourself an HD antenna. I will have the antenna set on the patio and some of my neighbors will be coming over.
Or go to a sports bar. That is always fun.

Comcast went down when the storm hit and didn't come back until yesterday afternoon (despite having power for days).

That lasted until right about kickoff last night, then went out again.

It's back on now, hopefully for good.

Im in Davie, I lost comcast internet during the storm and it hasn't come back on since.

I have Directv and I never lost my signal, not even during the storm.

That's actually impressive - we used to lose signal if someone passed gas next door when we had DTV - can recall a few times in the middle of football games.

Hope everyone is able to watch in their preferred location this weekend, i know i'm looking forward to it.

Comcast was down almost 4 weeks with Wilma, well after power restored.

Fully agree about HD antenna, and honestly, I have one of the $5 ones in my office/bedroom and its next to a window and I get 60 channels on that thing. I fully suggest getting one for all your TVs and you will slowly realize that you don't need to spend money for cable TV anymore.

I'm just hoping for power back soon. This no AC is killing me. Last day of free 4g too.

Edit: 2 hours later and I finally have power back. I can't put into words how happy I am right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom