Compensatory pick projections | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compensatory pick projections

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Miami gets no picks in this projection which has apparently been done for years by the person doing it and is usually pretty close.

Even worse, it seems there may be no leftover non-compensatory picks this year. If the league awards fewer than 32 compensatory picks, the teams drafting at the top of the round get non-compensatory picks to fill out the 32.

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116792

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I thought he got a big contract from the Texans?

This may help explain:

The net gain/loss of UFAs is quantitative until it comes to actually figuring out what round a pick will be in. In other words, when a team has gained five and lost three or four UFAs, they have no prayer of getting a compensatory pick. If a team has gained three but lost five, they'll get two picks, I believe, determined by the value of the players lost. There have been times when a team has an even gain/loss and still received a pick (I think KC did when they lost Donnie Edwards or something), but it's pretty rare.

(from the thread I linked to)

The team must have signed more qualifying free agents than it lost last year.

I know this is not directly related to comp picks but does anyone know the deadline for Leinart changing his mind and declaring for the supplemental draft?
:confused:

Roman529 said:
I know this is not directly related to comp picks but does anyone know the deadline for Leinart changing his mind and declaring for the supplemental draft?

As soon as the USC cheerleaders get board with him! :wink:

Roman529 said:

I don't know about a deadline, but I think he needs a reason to declare like financial hardship or something like that. From what I heard, that would be a real barrier to him coming out even if injury and a desire to keep his word were not.

Jimmy James said:
Unfortunately, Miami gets no picks in this projection which has apparently been done for years by the person doing it and is usually pretty close.

Even worse, it seems there may be no leftover non-compensatory picks this year. If the league awards fewer than 32 compensatory picks, the teams drafting at the top of the round get non-compensatory picks to fill out the 32.

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116792

Even though St Claire worked out ok, you can thank Speilstedt for the lack of getting a pick for Wade because we sign three F/A lineman. McIntosh & James were the other two. They balance the comp picks based on what you lost against what you gained in free agency. Our signings out numbered our losses.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
As soon as the USC cheerleaders get board with him! :wink:

That's the ONLY reason I tune in USC games...the white sweater cheerleaders.
:lolcry:

Roman529 said:
That's the ONLY reason I tune in USC games...the white sweater cheerleaders.
:lolcry:

You near Crested Butte? I'm heading out there skiing with the family next Feb!

Crested Butte is nice...my brother has a condo in Vail....but I have NEVER skiied in my life. :cry: How did Wade end up in Houston>>????

Gunner4u65 said:
Even though St Claire worked out ok, you can thank Speilstedt for the lack of getting a pick for Wade because we sign three F/A lineman. McIntosh & James were the other two. They balance the comp picks based on what you lost against what you gained in free agency. Our signings out numbered our losses.

I honestly have to say I can't blame him too much unless McIntosh was the guy who put us over. Even then, I'd argue we had to bring in somebody to compete with Wade Smith for LT. Comp picks are nice, but you have to run the team in the interim...

That is the GM I want running the team.

"Hmmm this guy may help the team and improve one of the positions, but if we sign him we will not get a compesatory pick next year. Oh well, it was a nice thought"

Don't we get something for the loss of Brock Marion, Ricky Williams, and Todd Wade?When was the last time we received any picks? I know Williams didn't sign with another team, but he did retire and was a quality player. Does anyone know when the actual picks are announced?

Back
Top Bottom