Confidants of Ross" informed that Stephen Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confidants of Ross" informed that Stephen Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

This is accurate according to overthecap.com
It's true actually. I really think Phillips and God can make plays. Shu is a waste of money at this point. Im ready to move on also from T Bum crack head contract.

That was a dumb article. First, moving on from Landry doesn't create ANY cap room. He's not under contract. Giving him a new contract would create a mess. You can't cut Suh because of the cap hit. The one thing Ross should do is get rid of t-dumb

Ozzy rules!!

Isn’t he saying they’d save 15 mil by moving on from Tannehill?

I believe we save a ton of money by letting Tannehill go but it'd cost way more to replace him unless you're drafting a QB at 11 and make him the starter

Ozzy rules!!

Ross should be ready to move on from TBum first & foremost!

Identifying a bad manager is much easier than hiring a good one.

While I agree with your assessment, I question if Ross can hire the right guy. And replacing TB inevitably means scrapping the whole team. You either do it slowly as the new guy waits for the current staff to fail and justify replacement or a completely cleansing all at once.

And more to the point on Suh, I honestly think his contract makes him unmovable. Something about Suh makes me wonder if a championship caliber defense could ever be built around him. He is such a salary drain at a less critical position that he drains your ability to add important pieces at more important positions (LB, DE, CB).

Furthermore, Suh dictates the scheme of your D. Jettison him and you rebuild the entire D. He's less of a franchise player and more of a player who holds your salary cap hostage.

Pay $25M to Tom Brady and where would you expect this team to be?

Pay $25M to Suh and everyone focuses on why he is so valuable to this team.

Ross should want to be rid of Suh. Any smart businessman would see the return on investment simply isn't there.

There's a rumor going around that says Suh wants to play for the Eagles don't know how true it is

Suh would leave us at a $22 mill dead cap....2019 he is gone.

Tannehill would save us 15 mill in 2018.Yep $4 mill dead

From a wise football perspective Ross could have said this but my guess is not.Tannenbaum needs to go like yesteryear.

Identifying a bad manager is much easier than hiring a good one.

While I agree with your assessment, I question if Ross can hire the right guy. And replacing TB inevitably means scrapping the whole team. You either do it slowly as the new guy waits for the current staff to fail and justify replacement or a completely cleansing all at once.

And more to the point on Suh, I honestly think his contract makes him unmovable. Something about Suh makes me wonder if a championship caliber defense could ever be built around him. He is such a salary drain at a less critical position that he drains your ability to add important pieces at more important positions (LB, DE, CB).

Furthermore, Suh dictates the scheme of your D. Jettison him and you rebuild the entire D. He's less of a franchise player and more of a player who holds your salary cap hostage.

Pay $25M to Tom Brady and where would you expect this team to be?

Pay $25M to Suh and everyone focuses on why he is so valuable to this team.

Ross should want to be rid of Suh. Any smart businessman would see the return on investment simply isn't there.
Crazy thing is what ROI did they expect when they signed him? 25 sacks per year, 6 TDs? How would we ever get a return on a DT? Suh is great. But what a dumb amount of money to spend on the position.

Rotoworld says we save $17 million by designating him a post-June 1st cut. Accurate?
Suh's cap numbers in 2018 and 2019 if he's on the team: 26.1 million & 28.1 million
Suh's cap numbers in 2018 and 2019 if he's not on the team and designated as post June 1st cut: 9.1 million and 13.1 million.

In essence if you cut him now and designate him a June 1st cut you save 17 this year and 15 next year but you still have 9 million and 13 million go off your cap for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom