Congrats Charles Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congrats Charles Harris

First career NFL game.....bust.

Same impact as Cam Wake today. He must suck too.

tenor.gif

Yeah but you could see Wake getting towards the QB quickly on every play. Even though he didn't get sacks he affected a number of plays by forcing a quicker throw or at least an adjustment in the pocket just from the speed of his rush. Had there been somebody else getting penetration, especially from the other side, Wake's rush would have lead to some sacks even if they were for someone else. As it was, when Rivers only had one guy getting into the backfield it was pretty easy to adjust to.

The only time I noticed him was when he was completely out of position. He had no explosion, no burst towards the QB, no move which made the offense adjust, nothing. Even Dion Jordan had a nice hurry and missed sack in his debut. I'm not gonna jump in and say he was a bust but it was certainly not encouraging. Teams overdraft pass rushers and have a bust rate almost as high as QB's so to me every pass rush prospect is suspect unless he actually puts something on tape. There is no positive tape for Harris today and I missed his snaps in the preseason too so I don't know what he did there.

I think folks are right to be concerned.
The FO in love with the kid they didn't even entertain trade offers.
He was supposed to be high character and high floor. Everything we heard is he has been asking the right questions and doing the right things.
Still long ways to go, but the start(today and preseason) has not been promising.

Sure it's the first game , but when your 1st overall draft pick (let that sink in for a moment) continues to struggle for snaps and to even be noticed on the field, there should be reason to concerned. A first round pick should be making a difference one way or another.

Last edited:
It's too early to officially label him a bust but he's not contributing to this defense right now - at all. He's a non-factor as a pass-rusher right now and he's horrible whiff sprang the Charger's back for a big run that helped set up a TD. Watch the play again - it was horrendous. He's a project and a liability right now. I want my no 1 draft picks contributing and making a play here or there. Right now we are better off with Hayes taking his snaps.

Did I mention "right now"?
I believe you've even mentioned it in multiple posts. Message received, you're not happy with Harris

Sure it's the first game , bu then your 1st overall draft pick (let that sink in for a moment) continues to struggle for snaps and to even be noticed on the field, there should be reason to concerned. A first round pick should be making a difference one way or another.
Hayes was a surprising pick up for us, but our pass rush is lacking. We used two 3rd round picks last year on players that are not even starting, we needed help on defense. I don't understand how Gase evaluated our team and thought we needed more help on offense; thinking Caroo could unseat any of our WRs and that Arian foster or Kenyan Drake could unseat Ajayi was a waste of draft picks that could've been used on defense.

Harris spun in place to no effectiveness on his first pass rush on 3rd down on the first series.

Back
Top Bottom