Congratulations on the Win | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congratulations on the Win

The AFC stunk in those days and the steelers lost at home to probably the worst conf champ of all time- the '94 Chargers. This Jets team in that era goes to the SB every year.

Sanchez's career is just beginning, we are set for years to come. he's our franchise QB.

did you read the article or just the headline? Boomer is also paid to stir the pot. he's saying they are trying to find a Brady or Rodgers- so is 90% of the league. Guys like that are extremely rare- Sanchez will never be a Brady type but we can win a SB w/ him w/o a doubt.

The 2nd article is from PFT, a rumor site.

we rarely agree but I think overall you are a bright guy but in this situation you look so silly. I wasn't devaluing Shula I was stating a fact, some misguided pro-shula poster counted the '68 NFL title as a championship- It's NOT. It's the equivalent of a conf title today. Shula has 2 championships- that's a fact, sorry the truth hurts and sorry you keep bringing this up and looking so foolish.

you can try to discredit the Jets but the Jets WON the Super Bowl, was it easier only playing one game? sure but Oak was a damn good team and the AFL champ the next year dominated the NFL champ so the AFL wasn't that weak and the Jets nearly shut the mighty Colts out. Shula was a great coach, an all time great but he didn't win enough chanpionships to be in the greatest argument. He's probably in the 5-10 area which is still great. I admire what Shula did but I'm not going to lie and call him the greatest just like I don't lie and call Joe Namath great- he's the most overrated player in the history of the league but I'm just a homer.

Why is it difficult to understand that Shula won NFL championships in a pre AFL, non talent-diluted era by winning every game that was required to do so. There was no greater feat. Anywhere. It was the pinacle!. If you can't accept that it becomes disingenuous to assert that a team advancing from a weak, fledgling 10 team field playing 2 games which today is the equivalent of division title is no more credible or legitimate no matter whether you wish to call it "pre merger Superbowl" or an "NFL Title" If that stilted Superbowl reflects the pinnacle of the NFL that year, by no means does Shula's NFL titlesw reflect any less Apples to apples comparison.

Again though, this was a feel good Shula is great thread initiated by Fins fans for fins fans in a stretch when there weren't too many things top be happy about it. You had no business coming in uninvited to deflower and derail it into the typical pissing contest, as it had nothing to do with you.

The AFC stunk in those days and the steelers lost at home to probably the worst conf champ of all time- the '94 Chargers. This Jets team in that era goes to the SB every year.

Sanchez's career is just beginning, we are set for years to come. he's our franchise QB.

did you read the article or just the headline? Boomer is also paid to stir the pot. he's saying they are trying to find a Brady or Rodgers- so is 90% of the league. Guys like that are extremely rare- Sanchez will never be a Brady type but we can win a SB w/ him w/o a doubt.

The 2nd article is from PFT, a rumor site.

we rarely agree but I think overall you are a bright guy but in this situation you look so silly. I wasn't devaluing Shula I was stating a fact, some misguided pro-shula poster counted the '68 NFL title as a championship- It's NOT. It's the equivalent of a conf title today. Shula has 2 championships- that's a fact, sorry the truth hurts and sorry you keep bringing this up and looking so foolish.

you can try to discredit the Jets but the Jets WON the Super Bowl, was it easier only playing one game? sure but Oak was a damn good team and the AFL champ the next year dominated the NFL champ so the AFL wasn't that weak and the Jets nearly shut the mighty Colts out. Shula was a great coach, an all time great but he didn't win enough chanpionships to be in the greatest argument. He's probably in the 5-10 area which is still great. I admire what Shula did but I'm not going to lie and call him the greatest just like I don't lie and call Joe Namath great- he's the most overrated player in the history of the league but I'm just a homer.

More like 1-5 of all time, but no matter what I or you say it's only opinions it's especially hard to believe what a delusional jet fan who thinks mark sanchez is the answer says is right, luckily for you, your the minority in jets fan base who still think he is good. You want Tebow too?

I mean even the player in your avatar agrees with me. sanchez 2012 special Olympics QB captain!

junc will still be sucking sanchez's balls 2 years from now when he is no longer in the nfl. You would think all of the other jet fans agreeing with us that he sucks would be enough to convince him. Only the biggest of moran super homers is still supporting Sanchez.

blah, blah, blah.... It's the same thing every time with you. You get proven wrong ("you can't have consecutive seasons where the team advances to the title game without a franchise QB"), then you just make up something else to argue about. I gave you four recent examples where teams had multiple years of success with only average to below average QBs, just like the Jets. Most of those teams soon after continued their search for a franchise QB, despite having success with the QBs on their roster, just like the Jets will.

I sure hope so.

did you read the article or just the headline?

What?????? This is a quote from the article:

"Esiason believes the Jets' hierarchy isn't convinced that Sanchez is a franchise quarterback"

WTF? Does it get ANY clearer than that? Not only does Esiason not think he is a franchise QB, but he believes the Jets aren't convinced.

Boomer is also paid to stir the pot. he's saying they are trying to find a Brady or Rodgers- so is 90% of the league. Guys like that are extremely rare- Sanchez will never be a Brady type but we can win a SB w/ him w/o a doubt.

WTF is it with you and the weasel wording? They are trying to find a franchise QB....

This is your other consistent tactic:

1. Take a ridiculous position about the Jets or one of their players.

2. Claim that others only disagree because they are Dolphin fans.

3. When nationally recognized, professional, non-Dolphin fan (sometimes even Jets fans), sports writers disagree with your opinion, claim that they are paid to stir the pot, or they just look at stats, or they are morons, or some other nonsense.

junc will still be sucking sanchez's balls 2 years from now when he is no longer in the nfl. You would think all of the other jet fans agreeing with us that he sucks would be enough to convince him. Only the biggest of moran super homers is still supporting Sanchez.

Juncy is simply a troll trying to stir everybody up.
There is no other explanation for it at this point.

Snatcho is obviously a very bad QB. Never really had a chance, not really his fault. There is NOTHING about him that screams NFL QB. Nothing.

Snatcho is obviously a very bad QB. Never really had a chance, not really his fault. There is NOTHING about him that screams NFL QB. Nothing.

haha.Theres not even anything that whispers NFL QB, there is certainly not anything that screams it.:)

Why is it difficult to understand that Shula won NFL championships in a pre AFL, non talent-diluted era by winning every game that was required to do so. There was no greater feat. Anywhere. It was the pinacle!. If you can't accept that it becomes disingenuous to assert that a team advancing from a weak, fledgling 10 team field playing 2 games which today is the equivalent of division title is no more credible or legitimate no matter whether you wish to call it "pre merger Superbowl" or an "NFL Title" If that stilted Superbowl reflects the pinnacle of the NFL that year, by no means does Shula's NFL titlesw reflect any less Apples to apples comparison.

Again though, this was a feel good Shula is great thread initiated by Fins fans for fins fans in a stretch when there weren't too many things top be happy about it. You had no business coming in uninvited to deflower and derail it into the typical pissing contest, as it had nothing to do with you.

what exactly are you talking about w/ Shula? are you saying Shula deserves credit for winning the NFL in '68 but the jets don't for winning the Super Bowl? You love to make excuses but I must be reading this incorrectly, right?

Shula won 2 championships- 1972 and 1973- that's it.

I have every right to inject a dose of reality into any thread I want to. if I was making things up like you that would be different but I posted FACTS.

blah, blah, blah.... It's the same thing every time with you. You get proven wrong ("you can't have consecutive seasons where the team advances to the title game without a franchise QB"), then you just make up something else to argue about. I gave you four recent examples where teams had multiple years of success with only average to below average QBs, just like the Jets. Most of those teams soon after continued their search for a franchise QB, despite having success with the QBs on their roster, just like the Jets will.

I sure hope so.

What?????? This is a quote from the article:

"Esiason believes the Jets' hierarchy isn't convinced that Sanchez is a franchise quarterback"

WTF? Does it get ANY clearer than that? Not only does Esiason not think he is a franchise QB, but he believes the Jets aren't convinced.

WTF is it with you and the weasel wording? They are trying to find a franchise QB....

This is your other consistent tactic:

1. Take a ridiculous position about the Jets or one of their players.

2. Claim that others only disagree because they are Dolphin fans.

3. When nationally recognized, professional, non-Dolphin fan (sometimes even Jets fans), sports writers disagree with your opinion, claim that they are paid to stir the pot, or they just look at stats, or they are morons, or some other nonsense.

It is the same thing w/ me, I'm not some poster you can throw nonsense out and I will accept it. You haven't proven a thing, you posted a RUMOR- the same one from 2 different sites. You posted a twisted article on what Boomer actually said. Go listen to the interview or get a transcript.

where did you show me a team w/ average to below average QB play that made 2 straight title games? You posted mostly good QBs that had playoff success over time. I never said you needed a franchise QB to win big but you need quality QB play- maybe that is where you are confused into thinking you got something over on me.

"Esiason believes". Esiason believed we could make a SB run in 1994 too.

Boomer didn't say mark can't play in this league, he said the Jets are looking for their version of Brady but 95% of the league is. It's an asinine statement, you don't need Tom Brady to win(though that would help any team).

I never said it was only dolphin fans, many people who don't watch every samp and don't have an understanding of everything going on around the Jets would take that position. The sad fact is most "experts" base their opinions on fantasy stats just like most of you guys do. It's the lazy way of evaluating.

I'm not a typical fan, I don't accept the majority view. We have fans bashing Rex and saying he can't coach, we have fans bashing all aspects of the team and based on this year they all deserve it including the QB but when you step back and look at things rationally(something most fans and media members do not do) you'll understanf what went on this year and what they have done through 3 years.

Snatcho is obviously a very bad QB. Never really had a chance, not really his fault. There is NOTHING about him that screams NFL QB. Nothing.[/QUOTE

Do you do anytrhing but knock me in posts on here? Have you ever contributed anything else to a discussion? and what was your last username and why did you run and hide?

haha.Theres not even anything that whispers NFL QB, there is certainly not anything that screams it.:)

yeah, our talent was so incredible around the QB that anyone could have QB'd our team to 2 title games. How is it that better QBs w/ better talent around them haven't made back to back title games?

yeah, our talent was so incredible around the QB that anyone could have QB'd our team to 2 title games. How is it that better QBs w/ better talent around them haven't made back to back title games?

Because they actually actually got PAST the title game? That is just a guess seeing as how there are no examples listed here.

But in all honesty you really need to let this two title game thing go and just say what it really is, two great playoff runs back to back. Because that is all it is. I mean the way you flaunt these title game "appearances", you would think the Jets actually won those games. But they didn't. I mean that is like saying you got the hottest girl in the world to get naked for you, but all you could do is look and not touch. In the end all the Jets, and every other team that made a title game appearance, have to show for all their hard work are playoff stats.

It is the same thing w/ me, I'm not some poster you can throw nonsense out and I will accept it. You haven't proven a thing, you posted a RUMOR- the same one from 2 different sites. You posted a twisted article on what Boomer actually said. Go listen to the interview or get a transcript.

where did you show me a team w/ average to below average QB play that made 2 straight title games? You posted mostly good QBs that had playoff success over time. I never said you needed a franchise QB to win big but you need quality QB play- maybe that is where you are confused into thinking you got something over on me.

"Esiason believes". Esiason believed we could make a SB run in 1994 too.

Boomer didn't say mark can't play in this league, he said the Jets are looking for their version of Brady but 95% of the league is. It's an asinine statement, you don't need Tom Brady to win(though that would help any team).

I never said it was only dolphin fans, many people who don't watch every samp and don't have an understanding of everything going on around the Jets would take that position. The sad fact is most "experts" base their opinions on fantasy stats just like most of you guys do. It's the lazy way of evaluating.

And the final tactics that you consistently use.... when all else fails ignore the arguments that directly refute your statements and claim you are misinterpreted... This is the biggest problem I have debating with you. You are not honest in your arguments.

First you make a statement that is outrageous:

The Sanchez deal was a steal, we essentially gave up a 2nd rd pick to move up to take a franchise QB. we didn't give up a 1st rd pick- we swapped 1st rd position. we gave up 3 bit players and a 2nd rd pick for him.

When called on it, you try to create your own definition of what a franchise QB is:

A franchise QB is someone you can win w/ and we have been one of the winningest teams in the league since Mark became our starter.

I challenge that statement as false and you put a caveat on the statement:

In a given year I'd agree, maybe one time you can get away w/ mediocre QB play but back to back postseasons? 4 road playoff wins? 6 road playoff games?

I prove that wrong by giving you numerous examples that directly refute that claim by showing teams that had (by some measures e.g. conf championships or more consecutive post season appearances) MORE success with average or in some cases POOR QB play. I even left a couple out (Bears with Jim McMahon, Bears with Orton & Grossman in back to back seasons).

You then try to muddy the waters with some other nonsensical opinion to explain away the facts that refuted your claim:

Also, you begin to put a spin on your original statement:

So now Sanchez is not A franchise QB but OUR franchise QB.

When I post articles backing up my opinion that Sanchez should not be considered a franchise QB (which was the ENTIRE POINT OF THE DEBATE), you attempt to spin what the article said and even what the debate was about:

I got news for you, the phrase "their version of Brady" means FRANCHISE QB. The reason teams do that is because it gives them so much more room for error. The Pats defense SUCKS but they are the #1 seed in the AFC. Why? Because they have a FRANCHISE QB.

I can't tell if you are purposely obstinate or if you simply cannot follow a logical argument.

Because they actually actually got PAST the title game? That is just a guess seeing as how there are no examples listed here.

But in all honesty you really need to let this two title game thing go and just say what it really is, two great playoff runs back to back. Because that is all it is. I mean the way you flaunt these title game "appearances", you would think the Jets actually won those games. But they didn't. I mean that is like saying you got the hottest girl in the world to get naked for you, but all you could do is look and not touch. In the end all the Jets, and every other team that made a title game appearance, have to show for all their hard work are playoff stats.

You would think dolphin fans would understand how hard it is to reach the title game seeing that you haven't made one since 1992 and haven't been close to one since 1994.

Making the title game is not the ultimate goal but it's a heck of a lot more fun having 2-3 more games to watch and the ecitement of watching your team play for a conf title than it is missing the playoffs or going out inr d 1. I had an incredible time watching my team the past 2 years.

And the final tactics that you consistently use.... when all else fails ignore the arguments that directly refute your statements and claim you are misinterpreted... This is the biggest problem I have debating with you. You are not honest in your arguments.

First you make a statement that is outrageous:

When called on it, you try to create your own definition of what a franchise QB is:

I challenge that statement as false and you put a caveat on the statement:

I prove that wrong by giving you numerous examples that directly refute that claim by showing teams that had (by some measures e.g. conf championships or more consecutive post season appearances) MORE success with average or in some cases POOR QB play. I even left a couple out (Bears with Jim McMahon, Bears with Orton & Grossman in back to back seasons).

You then try to muddy the waters with some other nonsensical opinion to explain away the facts that refuted your claim:

Also, you begin to put a spin on your original statement:

So now Sanchez is not A franchise QB but OUR franchise QB.

When I post articles backing up my opinion that Sanchez should not be considered a franchise QB (which was the ENTIRE POINT OF THE DEBATE), you attempt to spin was the article said and even what the debate was about:

I got news for you, the phrase "their version of Brady" means FRANCHISE QB. The reason teams do that is because it gives them so much more room for error. The Pats defense SUCKS but they are the #1 seed in the AFC. Why? Because they have a FRANCHISE QB.

I can't tell if you are purposely obstinate or if you simply cannot follow a logical argument.

there aren't anything other than rumores that you posted. How about this DIRECT quote from the Jets GM:

The GM also said of Sanchez, "Here’s what I would say: His rate of growth isn’t where it needs to be, but I think the trajectory of his career after three years is. I think he’s shown he can be a winning NFL quarterback and that’s what you need from the position. Do I think he's going to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees? Obviously, that would be hard to say as of today, but I do think we can win a lot of games with Mark as our quarterback."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

I do have my own vision of what a franchise QB is, there isn't an exact definition. To me a franchise QB is one you can win w/, one you can buold around and we have that. If the only definition is a Brady type then there are only 4 or 5 franchise QBs in the league and that is insane.

You gave examples of mostly GOOD QBs winning over time. Where did you show any examples of bad/mediocre QBs helping their team to bck to back playoff runs like mark has?

Jim McMahon was a good QB, the Bears had great D's for many year and b/c McMahon was always hurt they didn't get to another SB.

Grossman wasn't good BUT they never made another run w/ him and never made any run w/ Orton(plus the 2 seed they hosted in the title game won 10 games- the NFC was very weak).

Do we forget Sanchez and the Jets beat the 2 hottest teams in the div rd on the road the last 2 years? beat Peyton Manning & INdy, Tom Brady and NE, Philip Rivers & SD?

I don't attempt to spin anything, I never said Sanchez was great, I always said we found our franchise QB and I stand by that.

If a franchise QB is a Brady type then 90% of the league is looking for a franchise QB. Brady is a top 5 all time QB.

Matt Moore > Sanchez

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom