consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft

The last time we took a guy with a bad shoulder, he was the biggest bust of the new millenium. I dunno what the haters could have wanted considering how the draft went down.

It was his bad brain that was the real problem.

Everything ive read n found on harris is positive, i get it might not be who YOU wanter but dont call the guy a one trick pony...he could be a very special player, he might not amount to **** but hia potential is sky high...he has a great first step, a sick spin move compared to freeneys, a high motor and he loves football and is humble n knows he has alot of work to do. Just because you wanted someone else doesnt make it a bad pick
I think he will be a goos player especially learning from wake.

I just think people wanted 3 down players with the first 2 picks.

The last time we took a guy with a bad shoulder, he was the biggest bust of the new millenium. I dunno what the haters could have wanted considering how the draft went down.

Is that a reference to Foster? If so I'm just as concerned about steroid use as a bad shoulder. No direct knowledge, just how he played (possessed/crazy), how he acted at the combine, and his attempt to dilute urine all strongly suggest steroid use.

Is that a reference to Foster? If so I'm just as concerned about steroid use as a bad shoulder. No direct knowledge, just how he played (possessed/crazy), how he acted at the combine, and his attempt to dilute urine all strongly suggest steroid use.
Yes. I can give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the dilute sample if both he and Peppers apparently came down with a stomach bug and both had vomiting and diarrhea, prompting them to push fluids and produce dilute specimens. The behavior is iffy off the field, but that's what we liked about him on the field. There are some rumors going around that he needs additional or possible double shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repair. That's a big deal. To me, that's way worse than Sidney Jones's injury.Couple that with the fact that his draft party was sponsored by some douche vape/weed company-- it makes me pretty glad that we picked beef jerky instead.

Does this mean we need to get rid of Jarvis as well? I think Ford ran a slightly faster time in the 40 than he did.........

Two things:

Is Ford agile/physical enough to play in the slot...?

Is Ford agile/physical enough to get away from NFL press coverage?

I say no to both...it's a done deal now. They should have chosen the LB Chase Allen with the 7th pick so nobody can steal him from the practice squad.

Yes. I can give the guy the benefit of the doubt for the dilute sample if both he and Peppers apparently came down with a stomach bug and both had vomiting and diarrhea, prompting them to push fluids and produce dilute specimens. The behavior is iffy off the field, but that's what we liked about him on the field. There are some rumors going around that he needs additional or possible double shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repair. That's a big deal. To me, that's way worse than Sidney Jones's injury.Couple that with the fact that his draft party was sponsored by some douche vape/weed company-- it makes me pretty glad that we picked beef jerky instead.

I call BS on diluted samples being from illness....or at least a VERY high level of suspicion. Derek Barnett looked like straight garbage from illness, an illness that was known and well documented, yet he didn't fail for a diluted sample. If these other guys were sick, i would have expected to hear more about it throughout the process, not just after a failed test. Plus, everyone involved in their process knows the risk of diluted samples and should have been monitoring these things closely. With all the doctors at the combine, they could have received treatment for illness and been better prepared for their workouts.

I call BS on diluted samples being from illness....or at least a VERY high level of suspicion. Derek Barnett looked like straight garbage from illness, an illness that was known and well documented, yet he didn't fail for a diluted sample. If these other guys were sick, i would have expected to hear more about it throughout the process, not just after a failed test. Plus, everyone involved in their process knows the risk of diluted samples and should have been monitoring these things closely. With all the doctors at the combine, they could have received treatment for illness and been better prepared for their workouts.
That could be because Barnett didn't hydrate like the other guys. You're right though-- very suspicious. I would put a few bucks on Peppers and Foster trying to flush DMAA or some other kind of stimulants out of their systems after all the pre-combine training.

Considering the suspect urine sample, the fact that Foster couldn't even be on his best behavior during the combine, the continued bad medical reports, the difficulty of working with his unlikeble agent (per TedSlimmJr who also related that Saban urged Reuben to fire him) for a first round pick, the potential upside didn't justify the risks. And until a rookie GM stepped in to stop the bleeding late in the round, this perception was obviously borne out by the collective wisdom of the league's front offices. To me, the "shoulda woulda" argument of drafting Foster vs whomever else we did in the first round, is a non-starter.

Foster was one of my favorites from this entire draft class, but man did he have a bad "offseason." Not Caleb Brantley bad, but enough to put a lot of doubt out there. You just hope Miami made the right decision to pass on him because his talent is obvious.

As far as the teams' number one need, though, Harris certainly fills that role. He could very well be the best pass rusher from this class and that's exactly what Miami needs. I do like the teams' focus on the front seven in this draft. Would have liked a safety and slot corner, but there were too many needs to fill everything.

Two things:

I say no to both...it's a done deal now. They should have chosen the LB Chase Allen with the 7th pick so nobody can steal him from the practice squad.

We shall see, won't we? Ford's strengths are supposedly his quickness and precise route running. He's not extremely physical so press coverage could bother him. He's also not a burner but neither is Jarvis. I have no clue as to how well he will perform for us or if he'll make the team. You can't say that Chase Allen would have had an impact. Like you said, it's a done deal. We've got Ford. Shoulda, coulda doesn't matter anymore. Let's see how it plays out and hope for the best....

Two things:

This statement makes zero sense. Anyone cut and placed on a practice squad can be stolen. Drafted vs. signed as a UDFA has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom