Conspiracy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conspiracy

dolfanattic5

you got chambered
Super Donator
Reaction score
does anyone else think that the nfl is somewhat of a conspiracy. I heard this on a sports radio talk show and they were talking about the ridiculous ending of the saints vs. falcons game. How if it is a close game the refs will try and find a way to give the nod to a more media exposed team like the falcons because they want to see the best and most exciting players (aka michael vick) make come from behind wins to boost the t.v. ratings. I thought this was a very interesting topic on the sports dial last night and want to hear your thoughts. Im not saying that the nfl as a whole is staged, but i can believe the fact that the nfl will give the edge to the better or more media exposed team. Your thoughts?

many argue that the New England Patriots are the most "boring" team around... and then there's contradictory group that says it's all fixed in their favor.... there would be too much to cover up and too many people to hush if there was a conspiracy in the NFL... no way...

i dont think there is a conspiracy forsay. I do think that the refs give calls to superstars liek Vick. If it is close or they don't know they will put it in their favor, like the ridiculous late hit call on Vick in the week 8 game, he wasn't even out of bounds yet.:shakeno:

Football conspiracy theories are for serious nerds who like The Hardy Boys.

I don't believe in conspiracies in the NFL, but I think that certain players probably get away with more in the NFL just like Jordan and Bird got away with travelling and throwing the elbow in the NBA. It just seems like the Patriots always get the calls. :mad:

The NFL is one sport where for the MOST PART, superstars don't get superstar calls. Premiere players get flagged all the time. Sure some "benefit" calls happen here and there but nowhere near as egregiously as in the NBA, where Tim Duncan can have just one foul in the 4th quarter :rolleyes: NFL officials want to officiate in the Super Bowl and can't do so (since they get graded on every play) if they're sitting there screwing up.

The NFL protects its stars and its marketable teams very well. If you think that Mike Vick doesn't benefit from ticky tack personal foul penalties and that NE doesn't benefit from questionable officiating at times, then you are simply naive. Or a Pats or Falcons fan.

B-LO said:
The NFL protects its stars and its marketable teams very well. If you think that Mike Vick doesn't benefit from ticky tack personal foul penalties and that NE doesn't benefit from questionable officiating at times, then you are simply naive. Or a Pats or Falcons fan.

Silly comment. Michael Vick has been the beneficiary of some silly flags and that annoys the living crap out of me, but if the NFL protects its stars, why have so many of them gone out for the season, most of the time on hits that weren't even flagged?

Just a dumb comment all around. The NFL is one of the better sports in that out of the major american sports, superstars get less beneficial treatment. Officials care more about officiating in the super bowl and keeping their job than making Vick look good.

Slappy8800 said:
only consipracy i believe in is 2001 PAtriots wining the SB

Don't know about 2001, but that snow plow game still sticks in my craw.

RobFins2005 said:
Football conspiracy theories are for serious nerds who like The Hardy Boys.

I prefer Tom Swift.

dolfanattic5 said:
does anyone else think that the nfl is somewhat of a conspiracy.

I doubt it, but I'm starting to suspect wrestling might be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom