Cook or Bennet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cook or Bennet

hammond47

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I apologize if this thread has already been posted, but interested to see if the majority on here prefer Cook, Bennet, or a different tight end.

I think I would go for Bennet since he can basically do everything; but Cook would definitelely add a new element to this passing offense.

Cook. Way more potential plus Bennet seems to have commitment isssues.

cook and fasanos stats are almost identical.

i dont see the fever pitch about cook by the team and fans right now.

potential and hi ceiling mean nothing to me. all that is like the old "the checks in the mail" thing, meaning it isnt anything untill its in the bank and cashed!

not saying i would pick bennett over cook but i dont like throwing big money at potential.

Cook but I'd want Fasano back as the #2 TE if we get him. We need a strong blocker (Fasano) if we get Cook and, if we add Cook and Wallace, it would open up the passing game where Fasano would become a bit of a weapon himself.

Ya knoa we have the money to sign both. IMO I would target two FA TE's befkre one fast WR. The cost will be the same. Heck we can do Wallace and both TE's.

Personally I would rather have Bennet. Cook seems to have success from everywhere but actual TE and fancies himself a huge contract for fairly minimal production and no blocking.
I have always liked Cook but not to pay him top te money without playing like it

Frankly, I'm so ready for something different that I'd love to see the "Best Available FA List" have "Signed by Dolphins" next to all their names.

SIGN EVERYONE, let GAWD sort them out! :)

Personally I would rather have Bennet. Cook seems to have success from everywhere but actual TE and fancies himself a huge contract for fairly minimal production and no blocking.
I have always liked Cook but not to pay him top te money without playing like it

so? as long as you can get the production out of him, that shouldn't be a knock on him. Aaron Hernandez does the same thing. he lines up pretty much everywhere but TE

Bennett for me. Best all around TE available IMO. Much better blocker than any other FA TE available, and while he might not have Cook's raw athleticism, his all around play fits better into our system, IMO.

Cook. Miami needs speed and a TE that can stretch the D. Bennett doesn't do that. Plus I remember reading a scouting report on Bennett last year when he left Dallas that his hands can be inconsistent and that he's not great at reading defenses when he runs his routes (not very instinctive in the passing game, finding soft spots in zone D's, etc.).

Regardless if you get 1 I think you need a certain type of guy around to compliment him. If you get a guy like Cook then you gotta pair him with Fasano. If you bring in Bennett you're gonna either have to go with Clay or bring in more of a seam threat (James Casey?). If the prices were equal I'd say Cook, but since Bennett is likely gonna be getting a bit less I'd go with him, he brings a better all around game and helps us most importantly in the redzone. I'd be very happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom