Cordarrele Patterson could fall to 2nd!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cordarrele Patterson could fall to 2nd!?

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
per rotoworld
A league source tells The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein that Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could fall out of the first round.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah is hearing the same thing. At 6-foot-2, 216 pounds with 4.42 wheels, Patterson is a freak athlete, but a raw route runner. He's also been nicked for his tendency to "body catch," though he didn't struggle with drops in college. Patterson was reportedly "very unimpressive" in his Combine interviews. Patterson has legitimate question marks, but he could end up one of the steals of the draft if he falls to day two.

Take Eifert at 12 and Patterson in the 2nd.... Woah. I'm sure Tannehill would be a happy man.

If he's really THAT bad, and Philbin has zero faith in his ability to maintain a read in coverage and learn routes... phew. Ugly. A shame to waste all that physical talent.

Lots of guys don't interview well, but he is not interviewing to be a Toast Master....all I care is can he play WR in the NFL....so if he fell to us in the 2nd round that would be a steal. I don't think catching it with your body instead of your hands makes that much of a deal, as long as you can catch it.

I can't see that happening, but if he's available at #42, we need to run to the podium with our card just in case a team claims the NFL misread their selection. I'm disappointed actually, because I think the attitude has soured Philbin & Co. on him even if he falls that far, which is really too bad IMHO, because this guy has superior ability to Terrell Owens with a far better attitude.

There definitely are teams spreading the negative info on thick for Patterson this draft, hoping he falls to them. It will shock me if he makes it out of the teens.

I want to spotlight his weaknesses, which are numerous, but the way the league is set up right now this guy will make so many big plays it's going to sound stupid to knock him.

He really doesn't body catch all that much. Only when shielding defenders from the ball, from what I saw.

Smokescreen. No way it happens. There are to many team with holes at receiver.

Both the Rams and Vikings need a serious overhaul of their receiving corps. Both have young quarterbacks who could regress and hold back that entire franchise. Does anyone really think he will be passed over 4 times by those teams?

I want to spotlight his weaknesses, which are numerous, but the way the league is set up right now this guy will make so many big plays it's going to sound stupid to knock him.

His main weakness, as far as we should be concerned, is that he's probably not deemed intelligent enough for/by Philbin. He will probably become a playmaker in the NFL, but not for us I'm afraid.

He'll go in round 1. Probably somewhere from 17 on. I could easily see the Rams grabbing him with one of their two first rounders. Jeff Fisher has never been one to shy away from players with supposed attitude problems or off the field issues if they are really talented, and Patterson definitely is.

I honestly see no way Miami takes him even if he does slip to either of their round 2 picks. The earliest I can see them even remotely considering any receiver is at pick 2b or their first pick in round 3 and I just don't see Patterson being the kind of guy either Philbin or Ireland feel like rolling the dice on. To add to that thought, that means I also can't see any scenario in which they take Tavon Austin in round 1, either. It just isn't an Ireland kind of pick, especially after he just threw so much money at the position in free agency. I would like to see Austin replace Bess in the slot as much as anyone else here but it just isn't happening.

There is absolutely 0% chance CP will drop past the first 32 picks of the draft... None at all.

I think the question is whether we draft a WR at 12, not Patterson specifically. Watch the tape on Patterson and you will see a guy with a lot of wasted movement and average hands. His lack of good hands causes him to not catch and run immediately and it will allow NFL CBs to get the ball out of his hand before the catch is made. Also his interview at the combine revealed that he needed to be coaxed into staying at school by his Grandmother. Also he was asked if he regrets the path he took and he said no because he enjoyed his time at junior college. The correct answer should have been that if he could do it over, he would have applied himself more to be a better player now than he could have been. He is not a worker and Ireland doesnt want that. He is a mid to late second rounder and I know that may surprise people because he has been over mocked all year.
I wrote this last month but I think some of the talking heads are starting to see it

Back
Top Bottom