Cordarrelle Patterson Combine Interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cordarrelle Patterson Combine Interview

Let's hope we actually do something in free agency and have a great draft. Love your sig btw. Is that on an outtake reel becasue it looks halarious!

actually, i'd be inclined to take Justin Hunter .... the guy who 'taught' Patterson ... he looks to be healed is taller, more 'explosive' and just as fast ....

he'd be my pick ...

I like Hunter as well but he isn't as explosive as Patterson. Patterson to me looks special. I see a bigger, faster version of Anquon Boldin

Hunter is not more explosive than Patterson.. He's just not. I don't believe it's even debatable.

It isn't debatable. The only people that are in Patterson"s class as far as explosiveness are Austin and mayyybe Bailey.

This is as good a place as any to put this, but Evan Silva cited Russ Lande saying that Patterson has been "very unimpressive in team interviews". Now there's a 75% chance this is just spin by team/s, but it just got me thinking.

I posted this to Twitter earlier, but there seemed a few times during the drills where Patterson wasn't quite with the program. Not that he was acting out or anything, but at one point he didn't have his gloves on before one drill and the position coach got on him a little bit. During the gauntlet drill he didn't seem to know to turn up the sideline and go. Small things that just seem like absent-mindedness Then this kind of thing coming out.

Don't get me wrong, I've liked Patterson since the Justin Hunter craze of December (when people thought Hunter was the top receiver), but it might be something to keep an eye on. We all heard Keenan Allen talk about how Philbin asked him to respond to certain coverages and plays. Does Patterson have that ability to impress Philbin right now? If he doesn't, does it matter? It might matter to the Dolphins and they may opt to go for a more heady receiver. This is all total speculation and I still like Patterson as the top receiver, but it might be something to keep an eye on as the draft process progresses.

If people blindly accept his open field prowess as the end all say all in one year in the SEC where he was mainly a KR, RB, and end around king, then so be it. But there is not alot of tape/proof that shows he can make it in the NFL in a mental capacity of learning an offense and being a day one plug in. There really is not Julio Jones here. He wouldnt work in Saban's program for one minute with an attention span like that.

The kid is great in the open field. Thats all I got. If he had one year of tape that shows he does what Swope does deep down field as a legit WR, running routes, and breaking off routes, and finding the hole in the defense, then I would be with all the Patterson lovers hands down. I wouldnt even want Wallace or Jennings. Just take this guy. But thats not the case in NFL reality.

I've stated for awhile now I don't trust pattersons hands and I don't think he mentally has it for a Sherman offense, I don't even think he had it for a tenn offense to be quite honest, because with his physical tools there is no other excuse for how little he was used.

I posted this to Twitter earlier, but there seemed a few times during the drills where Patterson wasn't quite with the program. Not that he was acting out or anything, but at one point he didn't have his gloves on before one drill and the position coach got on him a little bit. During the gauntlet drill he didn't seem to know to turn up the sideline and go. Small things that just seem like absent-mindedness Then this kind of thing coming out.

Absent-mindedness is a good way to describe it. Yes. Having looked through the entirety of his tape I can tell you, that's there. More than I like, to be honest with you. I'll have more about it in an upcoming Draft Winds but aside from understanding coverages and reading leverage on the run, that's my biggest source of discomfort with him.

Absent-mindedness is a good way to describe it. Yes. Having looked through the entirety of his tape I can tell you, that's there. More than I like, to be honest with you. I'll have more about it in an upcoming Draft Winds but aside from understanding coverages and reading leverage on the run, that's my biggest source of discomfort with him.

Interesting, I had noticed some of the taunting penalties (which I think are complete BS in general anyway), but am curious to see your analysis of it in Draft Winds. I think someone posted a thread asking this today, but when do you anticipate starting to get those up at the Sun-Sentinel? I've always enjoyed them, excited to check them out this year.

Interesting, I had noticed some of the taunting penalties (which I think are complete BS in general anyway), but am curious to see your analysis of it in Draft Winds. I think someone posted a thread asking this today, but when do you anticipate starting to get those up at the Sun-Sentinel? I've always enjoyed them, excited to check them out this year.

This week. Tomorrow, actually...is the plan. The Cordarrelle Patterson piece will be the first one. I want to get it out of the way because in all honesty I think we as Dol-Fans are only going to be talking about Cordarrelle Patterson for maybe a few more weeks. And then it'll be obvious that we shouldn't be.

I could just imagine his Wonderlic Score.....Now, some players can't speak worth a damn, but they are really football smart. so, that is the case... I'm in ! He'll never be hired as a convention speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom