Cordarrelle Patterson: Our Changes...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by CRIOS, Mar 2, 2013.

?

What Are The Changes That Cordarrelle Patterson Will Be Available At 12?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2013.
  1. 0% chance

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. 25% chance

22 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 50% chance

56 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. 75% chance

47 vote(s)
    30.7%
  5. 100% chance

23 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Cordarrelle Patterson: Our Chances...

Please vote. Thanks.

I think that he will be selected in the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

He will probably be there at 12, I picked 0 because I don't want him. Didn't read the poll question.. sorry.

3. CRIOS

I meant CHANCES; and not CHANGES. Typo.

4. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

I don' think he is worth a number 1 just because he appears to be one of the best this year. That doesn't make him good enough. There is depth at WR this year, but the top end isn't exactly stellar.

I actually would prefer Allen and believe Patterson is going to be a primadonna.

5. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

25%. I doubt that he gets past both the Jets and Bills with that kind of ability. It's possible he goes as high as 6 to Cleveland.

6. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

Patterson > Allen. For a receiver, he's got incredible vision and he's very hard to bring down in the open field.

7. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

I certainly hope he's not available at 12. I have no interest in this player unless we picked him in the second round. To me it's all about value. A project at number 12 is not good value in this draft.

8. Digital

Digital Starter

As everyone knows, I really like the kid and hope he is both available and our pick at 12. I do think he will be available. There are about 5-8 guys that I'm confident will be gone before we pick. I don't think the Bills will take him because they need a QB and need to select him in round 1 or 2, so why not get the QB you want here and pick from the deep selection of guys in round 2? The Jets have a lot of holes really, but they have Stephen Hill and I doubt they invest their top pick on another physically gifted young WR this year. They will likely take a defensive lineman or linebacker. Tennessee has a lot of needs and don't see WR very high for them. San Diego has WR's and probably will go OL or defense. If Lane Johnson is available, I think he's their pick.

But, Ireland hasn't been good at picking WR's, so I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him wait until round 2 and grab a couple of them. It mitigates the risk he looks foolish, fits with the Green Bay plan, is an area where there are likely to be a lot of good prospects, and Ireland will not be so harshly criticized for taking a WR there. I hope we take Patterson at 12, but I wouldn't be surprised if we waited.

If Patterson falls past us, then he might fall quite a bit. Sure, Carolina, St. Louis and Pittsburgh could take him, but they have other needs as well. If a starting LT is available that's what St. Louis will take. Pittsburgh also needs to rebuild it's defense and it's likely that a good prospect falls to them on the defensive side of the ball. They'd be just as happy with Markus Wheaton, Robert Woods, DeAndre Hawkins, or Terrance Williams, many of whom may be around in round 2. The next landing spots for him probably are St. Louis again at 22 or almost any team from that point down. So, Patterson could slide from 12 to the 20's simply based on team needs. I'd love to make a miracle trade with Cincinnati to give up the #12 to get the #21 and #37. That would be nice.

9. fakespike

fakespike Starter

[video=youtube;pl3vxEudif8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8[/video]

10. CRIOS

Read post #3. Cool song. Bad typo.

11. CRIOS

OFF TOPIC:

(Bad News: The day before yesterday I had my regular visit with my doctor. Sadly I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :-(

I am now taking 500 mg of Glucophage.

This medication works to lower the amount of sugar in the blood. It does this by lowering the amount of sugar produced in the liver, and also increasing the sensitivity of muscle cells to insulin. The cells are therefore more able to remove sugar from the blood. The drug also slows the absorption of sugars from the intestines; lowers blood sugar levels between and after meals.

Now I have to get on the ball - eat right, exercise and follow what my doctor says to the letter. I will beat this trust me)

- - > BACK TO TOPIC.

12. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

He will be available but we should pass -> Keenan Allen is the better player and #12 is still too early

13. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Best wide receiver in the draft and I think there's a 100% chance he's there. He's not a lineman though so he won't be a dolphin.

14. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

if your playing vanderbilt

15. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

I put 50% because he either is there at 12 or he isn't.

Patterson is the best WR in the draft by far and we need a WR.

16. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Exactly. I just don't see what other do in Patterson. He catches the ball with his body too much. Much of what he did in college was also carrying the ball. He won't do that near as much at this level. He also tends to get stupid penalties...

17. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

I voted 50% that he will be there. I believe the the chance that we pick him should be less than 10%. Assuming we fill our biggest need in FA with Wallace or Jennings. Then we switch gears and get our shut-down corner with our 12th pick or a Left tackle. Pick up a solid reciever with a second or third pick. If we don't get a FA reciever, then we will again have a weak receiving corps. No matter who we choose, the reciever position will take a few years to master. Which will not help us next year.

18. DUB

DUB Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

YAC is what we see. You make a decent point on the rushing yards though. The situation is similar to Tannehill at 8, Patterson will not be the BPA but the need and upside are there.

A&O good luck with your health.

19. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

"Much" is such a relative term. If you mean that Patterson carried the ball a third of the time (compared to his receptions) than yes, "much" of what he did was carrying the ball. What I've seen doesn't take into account how many plays Patterson ran at receiver compared to in the backfield, or how many times he was targeted in relation to his receptions.

Considering that Percy Harvin, as an NFL receiver, has averaged 70 receptions per year and 26 carries per year, your argument that he won't do that "near as much at the next level" doesn't carry much weight.

So what if the guy can also run the ball? You're dogging the guy because he can do more than what is asked of him as a receiver? Patterson does tend to catch the ball with his body, when he has to shield off a defender.

He's the most talented receiver in this entire draft.

20. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Atkins.

21. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

WELL evadently he is good value at 12 or alot of people wouldnt be sittin here sayin that they dont even think he will be there at our #12 pick , so imo its NOT A REACH IF HE IS THERE AND WE SELECT HIM AT 12 , imo we need to fill a few holes on offence and defence BOTH , and if we select him at 12 imo he would be just as good as anybody else at # 12 for us , just another hole we filled at a possion, Diva or Not as long as he produces on the field and tays out of trouble im all for any player of need at 12.

22. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

I don't think he will be there, and I am happy as such. Of course this all depends on how FA goes. If we can snag Wallace I'd like eiffert at 12. I'm also a big fan if Keenan Allen, and think he can become an effective receiver in a WCO.

23. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Hopkins and Bailey are better than Patterson and Allen.

24. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

I could careless..I just want this FO to make a STATEMENT at the receiver position. I'm TERRIFIED we are going to get one receiver via FA or the Draft and then consider the need "taken care of." We NEED to bring in at least 2 receiver prospects that can move. Ideally one via FA and one via the draft!

If we don't get Wallace via FA, then give me Patterson and Ryan Swope!

25. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

I read this and am awful sorry about your health but on the positive side is that you are going to look fabulous you won't be able to keep the ladies off you

26. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Who here wouldn't want a guy who can do everything Percy Harvin can do? OK, what if Harvin could do all the same things but was 6'2, faster, not injury prone, not a "bad apple," and still had room to develop into a serious perimeter threat? Oh, and Patterson is an even better open-field player.

27. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

So edit the title, silly.

28. TheBow305

TheBow305 Starter

He should be available, I just don't know whether we'd take him. Probably Werner or Rhodes.

29. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

Hey, remember Ryan Tannehill was supposed to be a project at 8...
    Not saying we should draft Patterson, but you can't count him out merely because he may take more time than others to reach his potential.