Cornelius Washington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cornelius Washington

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
This guy is showing up big at the combine (top performer at his position in each drill so far), also had a big week at the Senior Bowl and was a pretty good force in the game pushing Fisher a few times and Pugh ALOT.

He is working out with the linebackers which I dont understand he is a 4-3 DE IMO. And for those worried about production and numbers in college he played DE in a 3-4 and they never really put up numbers.

He measured at 6'4" 265 which is right there with Wake's size.

What is your opinion on him as a player and what are your thoughts about his position (DE/OLB)? Where do you see him being drafted after this weekend of big numbers?

I like him. Wonder where his value truly is now after senior bowl where they did play 4-3 I believe all week.

I like him. Wonder where his value truly is now after senior bowl where they did play 4-3 I believe all week.

Yeah its weird because he played the 5 technique at UGA which is why he is so strong but played 4-3 DE during the senior bowl week where he showed alot of ability and goes to the combine as a LB. So where do you put this guy where does he play?

DE. I mean, you have some versatility with Zone Blitzes and things like that, but he looks mean coming down the line. Think CK nailed it with his projection for him as a Mark Andersen. Yeah, more I'm seeing, reading, the more I like him. He was off my radar. Nothing had ever drawn my attention his way. But I think he made him self a lot of money this off season.

He's anywhere from a Mark Anderson to a Cliff Avril.

He's a hell of an athlete but it hasn't translated to him being a versatile player that can make plays a number of ways. They had him playing an unselfish position at UGA but he still could have made a far bigger impact. He didn't.

From what I've seen he needs things simplified, streamlined...just put your hand in the dirt from out wide and rush the passer from right end. Do that and he'll make plays in pass rush, IMO. What I don't know is whether he'll make plays in other ways.

On the other hand, if you do the same thing with Devin Taylor (simplify, streamline, put him at right end), I think you not only get plays in pass rush, I think you get plays from him in other ways. That's why I have Devin Taylor over Washington still. The key with Devin is maturity. You need to be sure that his work ethic is on the come, that he's going to give you the same effort every week.

Back
Top Bottom