Corner Discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corner Discussion

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Most of the conversation concerning the draft is about offensive linemen and for good reason. No doubt, Miami has to make improving the offensive line a priority in free agency and the draft. There are other areas that need upgrades for the Dolphins. It would be great to find a shutdown corner opposite Grimes, assumming Miami is able to resign him.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like there's a consensus number 1 corner in this draft but it seems there are a lot of good ones out there who figure in the 1st and 2nd round discussion. Wanted to throw it out to our draft guru's as to who you'd like if the team grabbed a corner early. Here are a few who are discussed by most experts. Underclassmen will add a couple more.

Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
Jason Verrett, TCU
Justin Gilbert, OK. St.
E.J. Gaines, Missouri
Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech

ekpre olamu all the way...good tackling corner with high end tools...physical...roby can be an ankles tackler...i also like dennard and verrett...i think verrett projects as a good scheme fit

What do you guys think of the Florida corners? Roberson has some game to him, not crazy about Purifoy, Watkins could be a nice project.

Let's hope Jamar Taylor pans out......I wouldn't want a secondary heavy draft 2 years in row.

What do you guys think of the Florida corners? Roberson has some game to him, not crazy about Purifoy, Watkins could be a nice project.

I'd take LaMarcus Joyner of Florida State over any Florida D-Back, and Joyner is also a great kick returner... unlike Thigpen. Joyner is not that tall, around 5-8, but he can really cover guys and tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope Jamar Taylor pans out......I wouldn't want a secondary heavy draft 2 years in row.
I really wish Taylor would have had more playing time this year. As it is, we really don't know if he is the answer or not. Liked him a lot as a prospect heading into the draft so hopefully he does pan out. Even if he does, having a lot of good corners is never a bad thing.

If Patterson can get/stay healthy and Carroll can continue to develop, I do think you have to give Taylor and Davis a shot next year.

There are other greater needs than CB on this team, that said, if one of the top CB's drops to our pick in the 1st / 2nd, you have to give it a consideration.

If Patterson can get/stay healthy and Carroll can continue to develop, I do think you have to give Taylor and Davis a shot next year.

There are other greater needs than CB on this team, that said, if one of the top CB's drops to our pick in the 1st / 2nd, you have to give it a consideration.

i agree that corner is likely not gonna be a draft priority this year...they are gonna want to see how taylor and davis develop...and i doubt they plan on losing a couple of these free agent corners we have anyways

Back
Top Bottom