Corner market | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Corner market

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Who you guys got at corner? It looks thin at the top beyond Johnthan Banks, who looks like a strong prospect. Dee Milliner is a redshirt SO so isn't he eligible? I tend to like Saban corners. You can get good evaluations on them because you can see how they project. But after that, it seems thin at the top. The Texas corner seems to get alot of play (name escapes me).

How does it look on day 2?

What I am getting at - with corner being so thin, maybe it behooves Miami to make a move on corner in round one and wait for receiver on day two (think Stedman Bailey or Marquess Wilson despite his quitting at WSU). May be easier to get a solid prospect on day two at receiver than at corner. Unless there are some solid corners I am unaware of.

Sean Smith is a free agent and really he is a number 2 corner even if he comes back. Carroll is solid. Jimmy Wilson has struggled as of late but I normally like him in the slot. But we need two more corners, especially ones who can play the ball! And one corner should be a lockdown number one corner. In today's 7-7 on league, this is a must get in this draft. Two, please.

Milliner is eligible...three years removed from high school.

Round two is the place for receivers. It's been shown there's a drop off after R2, but not much difference between the first two rounds.

As for corners, we need interceptions. We need instinct and ball-skills. The team has a good average standard of player in it, but is lacking in TDs, INTs and sacks. We don't need a ton of players but we need a corner with a knack for turnovers. That's one of the reasons I like Banks.

It's a huge need and I could definitely see Miami trading up for Johnthan Banks or Dee Milliner. Second rounders that I like include Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant. I believe Rhodes is a junior so he may or may not come out.

ive been to caught up on wrs, gotta do my db homework

i like poyer and trufant, both should be available in 2nd round. gimme a pash rusher and coverage freak athlete like dion jordan in 1st.

there are guys that are easy to like. Love Banks and love Milner. A lot of people are high on Xavier Rhodes, I don't know how I feel about him. I really like Jordan Poyer. David Amerson came into the year projected to go high after a great sophomore year, but he's probably a safety. Logan Ryan is having a great year. Love Desmond Trufant.

There are a lot of guys who are draft eligible that would be great in our system

Strictly for the Dolphins (as opposed to how I would rank them in general), my preferences would be, in order:

Banks
Poyer
Milliner
Trufant
Hyde (though he might sneak up my list)
Rhodes
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
i like poyer and trufant, both should be available in 2nd round. gimme a pash rusher and coverage freak athlete like dion jordan in 1st.
I'm with you on Jordan. If he's not there when we pick maybe Eifert.

I have to admit that I have not been looking at the draft yet but I can say this. I agree that we need at least 1 top corner but unless we fix our lack of a pass rush, it won't matter who we get back there. The QB's are getting all day to throw and you can't cover NFL receivers forever.So yes, I'd be ok with a corner high but we need a pass rush. As far as WR, we all know we need some speed/playmakers bad but knowing Ireland, don't be surprised if we draft a DT and more oline in the first 3 rounds.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm with you on Jordan. If he's not there when we pick maybe Eifert.

dion jordan COULD be a 2nd coming of jason taylor. 6'6" 240+ with that kind of athletism. rushing the passer or dropping in coverage he is a plus player. a creative def coordinator could wreck an offense with this guy.

Just watching a bit of Micah Hyde - might have to revise him upwards. You'd hope Ken O'Keeffe would have the inside skinny on this kid but he looks great.

Instinctual, great speed, stays in the receivers hips in man coverage. Keeps his eye on the ball and often gets up before the receiver. Very decisive in run support. Very strong tackler. Seen him get pinged for holding once or twice but overall he looks a very smart player. Fluid in the hips? Hard to tell from the recordings and clips I've seen, but he rarely seems to buy a fake or a double move and stays on his man.

Here's a representative taste of the guy:

[video=youtube;S-N77QjoLxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S-N77QjoLxU[/video]

He got arrested recently for a stupid drinking offense. Wasn't even suspended for a game, so can't have been that serious. O'Keeffe should be able to say whether there's anything long-term to worry about there.

Back
Top Bottom