Cornerback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cornerback

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why we cut Will Allen in favor of Benny Sapp and/or Nolan Carrol? I know we reversed that mistake after week 1, but didn't the coaching staff know we didn't have a third CB with any real starting experience? Davis is hurt and in both weeks 1 and 2, as soon as he came out of the game the other team picked Carrol apart. How do you make a decision like that to keep only 2 corners with any "starting corner" capabilities? I don't understand. Please help.

Yours truly,
Baffled and distraught

I guess I'm behind - while I'm at it, how do you not have a 2nd RB that you can play as an every down back in case someone (Thomas) gets hurt? Best I can tell is we are over-loaded on the front 7; so we skimp on tailback, cornerback and hey - we only have 2 QBs on the roster. Goodness.

Honestly 3 QBs is a waste since the odds of those 3 QBs seeing playing time are slim to none.

We cut Will Allen because how often he is injured. Even after his first game back, there was some question on whether he would play the last game or not. He was also a vested vet which meant if he was on the team to start the season than his whole salary would've been guaranteed.

IMO We made a mistake cutting Sapp after the New England game. He's a solid nickel corner and we are really thin there right now. He had a bad game but so did the rest of the secondary that game. We could really use the depth and versatility he provided right now.

Back
Top Bottom