Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time

Miami should start Tannehill from day one if he looks better than Moore in camp. Tannehill won't learn much from holding a clipboard. If Miami has a losing record after September they should go to Tannehill.

Yes, let's post another one of these instead of just carrying on the discussion in the one of other 20 threads about this.

C'mon Mods. Seriously.

Legitimate argument....#8 pick in the draft, 24 years old, coming to a team that has gone 20-28 over the past 3 seasons, had losing record in 5 of last 6 seasons, playing for OC who was his college coach the past 4 years and said he knew 80% of playbook.

I don't think there has ever been a more ideal situation for a rookie QB to start, unless of course the rookie isn't up to it.

Legitimate argument....#8 pick in the draft, 24 years old, coming to a team that has gone 20-28 over the past 3 seasons, had losing record in 5 of last 6 seasons, playing for OC who was his college coach the past 4 years and said he knew 80% of playbook.

I don't think there has ever been a more ideal situation for a rookie QB to start, unless of course the rookie isn't up to it.

Who cares if we was the 8th pick?

This team isnt a year away from contending. We still need another draft. And this team sure as hell isnt contending for a Superbowl this season.

Let him sit. No point letting him get David Carr syndrome for a bust year. Allow Garrard to try and push us into a winning record.

What's the rush ? i don't see a superbowl for us this year so go with the vets to start with. He'll start when he is ready to start.

If we not going anywhere then why not get the rookie feeling out of him? Only way to really learn is to go against other competition. Now if the line has blocking issues like Carr had i would say yeah don't play him much..

This team isnt a year away from contending. We still need another draft. And this team sure as hell isnt contending for a Superbowl this season.

Let him sit. No point letting him get David Carr syndrome for a bust year. Allow Garrard to try and push us into a winning record.

Yeah because Miami is an expansion team with no O-line. Seems like every team except Miami the past few years have started their rookies from day one, with very good results.

If we not going anywhere then why not get the rookie feeling out of him? Only way to really learn is to go against other competition. Now if the line has blocking issues like Carr had i would say yeah don't play him much..

Why shake his confidence in any regard?

We still have glaring holes at key positions. We still need another draft. Id rather have him, and the rest of our team, locked and loaded for '14 instead of stumble around for the next few years. If we have to have his "rookie feeling" year next year, but the team be that much more talented to help him, so be it.

Let the Chad Johnsons and David Garrards go out there and try and revive their careers. Let the young guys sit for now.

Yeah because Miami is an expansion team with no O-line. Seems like every team except Miami the past few years have started their rookies from day one, with very good results.

What about Miami's offensive line has filled you with confidence the past few years?

Our right side is a gaping wound. After the John Jerry's and Donald Thomas', im not exactly excited about having more rookies plugged in. Instead of just giving them my trust, they are going to have to earn it.

They want to have the luxury of cutting him, because if they stink out the joint this year, they will be in a position to get Matt Barkley who is better than Tannehill in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom