Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cote: Dolphins should start Tannehill, Moore and Garrard are a waste of time

What about Miami's offensive line has filled you with confidence the past few years?

Our right side is a gaping wound. After the John Jerry's and Donald Thomas', im not exactly excited about having more rookies plugged in. Instead of just giving them my trust, they are going to have to earn it.

It's gotta be better than the '02 Texans line. If the season isn't going right, I hope Miami doesn't decide to play Tannehill like week 16 or 17 or not at all. Get him the reps.

Yep, Moore coming in w/o any serious practice time and no off-season, and having a statistically successful season, not to mention him keeping us from being 1-15 again has no bearing. Let's see if the team responds to him again this year.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

What about Miami's offensive line has filled you with confidence the past few years?

Our right side is a gaping wound. After the John Jerry's and Donald Thomas', im not exactly excited about having more rookies plugged in. Instead of just giving them my trust, they are going to have to earn it.

I am curious how Gardner and Murtha play out. Both of them have done well enough in the past, and I think this year is the last in both their contracts. Shold be good competition.

Don't try to preach common sense to some of these guys. They think throwing in the #8 pick behind a substandard O-line and receivers learning an entirely new offense is the right thing to do.

Gotta love fan forum logic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Moore can do in the Preseason?

until the Miami media get rid of the 'old guard bully mentality', this team will never find its captain or course… they'll run Philbin out, then the next, and so on… always impatient… their way, Aaron Rodgers would never have been able to simmer 2 years to the fine stew he became…

until the Miami media get rid of the 'old guard bully mentality', this team will never find its captain or course… they'll run Philbin out, then the next, and so on… always impatient… their way, Aaron Rodgers would never have been able to simmer 2 years to the fine stew he became…

Screw the media dude .... I could care less about that honestly.
Philbin is the HC. I despise the fan base being driven by the media as well.

I thought the JI witch hunt was uncalled for by impatient people who don't get it.

I think Philbin and Sherman have a bit more expertise at developing QBs than Cote.

Cote is just trying to stir the pot for attention going against the crowd for attention. The NFL concensus is usually right and if Philbin is good then the coach will know when to play him not some some part time sports writer.'

and now day 2 of camp that tannehill is gonna miss cause of these damn clowns...

Mark f**king Sanchize got the start his rookie year and people think it is so ludicrous to start Tannehill.

Unless the coaches feel he isn't ready I see no point in not giving the kid the keys.

I see zero logic putting Moore or Garrard in this year. How is that helping this team other than POSSIBLY/POTENTIALLY a few more wins (not guaranteed)?

Keep bringing up Aaron Rodgers "simmering" for 2 years on the bench and then POOF that was the magical reasoning he became a beast of a QB. How about the only reason he was on that bench was because there was a guy named BRETT F**KING FAVRE in front of him. We don't have that.

Tannehill is not made of glass. He knows the offense. He needs to adjust to the speed of the game, and guess what? He won't learn that on the sidelines.

If Sanchez can survive out there I believe Tanny can as well. Look at Dalton last year. People kept saying the kid was DEFINITELY not ready to be a starter. Look at what he did. He wasn't spectacular. He wasn't terrible. He showed his immaturity at times, sure. But the kid gained so much experience out there. That's exactly what this franchise needs. A young QB to start leading this team and getting some of the growing pains out now. Why wait til next year to go through this process? It's delaying the inevitable.

But hey what do I know? What I do know is that lame a$$ saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Yeahhhhhh lets keep playing it SAFE at QB and not let young POTENTIAL (I said POTENTIAL) talent be groomed on the field. You know like all those teams with the young QB's this fanbase drools over. Everyone b*tches and complains that this is what the team needs, yet when we get some POTENTIAL young talent at the position of such desperate need people want to crawl back into their comfort zone with idiotic beliefs that MATT MOORE and DAVID F**KING GARRARD starting is going to help this team in any way other than POSSIBLY squeaking out an extra win or two.

You have to look at the long term. If Tannehill is the guy going forward, why waste a whole year to have him go through his rookie mistakes NEXT SEASON?!

Common sense would be more of this fanbase growing a pair and accepting risks have to be taken to get out of mediocracy. Until then have fun floating around .500 with noodle spine and Mr. anti-clutch.........

Matt Moore and David Garrard ARE a waste of time, and we need to see what Tannehill is ASAP because the top 4 QB prospects in next year's draft are all better prospects than Tanny IMO... Obviously a lot can change between now and next off season, but I think that's the realiry of the situation.

this franchise constantly feeds us the fans **** sandwiches...i can't believe people are ok with tanny not being in camp and not competing over this garbage...

and now at mimimum it will be going into 3 days of on field work and film study before the kid gets here...but you know what maybe this was irelands plan all along...i'm tired of the bull****

Back
Top Bottom