Could 1 rb kill 2 ex-bear coaches? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could 1 rb kill 2 ex-bear coaches?

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seems w/the new trade proposal that RW will most likely be a Dolphin. I would love to see it. He would deffinitly make a bigger impact than any rookie we could bring in, but what if I am wrong. What if Dave is wrong, and it blows up in his face? Will the boom be heard like it was in New Orleans for Ditka? Will Dave sport dread at the press conference? Either way Mr. H will be happy because it will draw a lot more season ticket holders to PPS.

I don't like the idea of RW coming to Miami. MAybe I am just weird, but his attitude, and fumbling tendencies, makes me nervous.

I know he is supposed to be a great back, but he had one of the best O lines in football last year, and only put up 1200 yards. Lamar did that in 2000.

Thats just me, I could be (and probably am) wrong.

Lamar is going to turn 32 this November. Ricky turns 25 this May.

Ricky fumbled the ball 8 times last year. Lamar fumbled the ball 6 times. However, Ricky touched the ball 30 times more than Lamar.

As for NO's offensive line, Roaf when down in November, and Wally Williams wasn't as good as he was in the past. Turley and Naeole were pretty impressive, though.

I like the idea of getting Ricky at the right price.

RIcky is the man...

he's young, super talented, big, his hands are improving greatly....he's a workhorse damn it!!! THIS MAN is the RB we've benn lacking for a couple of decades

Haslett was too stupid last year to let the man run the ball...then Brooks threw some int's and their D didn't stop anything so they always trail by a couple of TD's at halftime...

So he didn't ran the ball often in second half of their games... That's why he has only 1245 yds... in the 5 last Saints regular season game, RW didn't rush more than 17 times a game...

he would not deceive us....

MAN I WANT HIM!!!

:)

Please, Please, Please, Please, get Ricky. He is/will be great. Please, Please, Please...:D

Miami RBs after Csonka, Kiick and Morris: :monkey:

What most of us will look like watching Ricky Williams in Aqua and Orange next year: :eek:

If I could make the monkey piss into the wind, I would call it "Miami's attempts at running the ball after 1984".

Originally posted by Dajesus
It seems w/the new trade proposal that RW will most likely be a Dolphin. I would love to see it. He would deffinitly make a bigger impact than any rookie we could bring in, but what if I am wrong. What if Dave is wrong, and it blows up in his face? Will the boom be heard like it was in New Orleans for Ditka? Will Dave sport dread at the press conference? Either way Mr. H will be happy because it will draw a lot more season ticket holders to PPS.

What if he doesn't make the move, and RW ends up rushing for 1400 yards in Cleveland next season as the Browns reach the playoffs for the first time since being reborn.
While we sit around watching 280lb TJ Duckett run into defensive lineman in the backfield because our offensive line draft pick couldn't crack the starting lineup.
It could be a bad thing either way, but with the way we pick RBs in the draft, i would rather take on RW and the chance that he could fail than to rest my hopes on a RB that the Dolphins drafted.

Re: Re: Could 1 rb kill 2 ex-bear coaches?

Originally posted by inFINSible

What if he doesn't make the move, and RW ends up rushing for 1400 yards in Cleveland next season as the Browns reach the playoffs for the first time since being reborn.
While we sit around watching 280lb TJ Duckett run into defensive lineman in the backfield because our offensive line draft pick couldn't crack the starting lineup.
It could be a bad thing either way, but with the way we pick RBs in the draft, i would rather take on RW and the chance that he could fail than to rest my hopes on a RB that the Dolphins drafted.
The main problems I have with the R-W's trade (if this goes down) is who is going to block for him, how is his salary going to fit under the cap, and will he come into camp with a new focus, attitude, and be a Miami Dolphin (team player) or will he bring his N-O- Saints baggage and drag the teams morale through the gutter ???? Marino1983 :( :(

I don't think the salary cap is as bad as many think. We cut Bowens and we lose 8 mill cap hit. Mcduffie and Marion will free up another 5 mill. I think we can add about 6 mill worth of salary, and thats cap salary, so it could really be like 12 mill in real $. Bottom line I bet they add to pretty well known prospects and a few lesser known guys.

I like this more optimistic view Dajesus

Perhaps it's too early, like before the free-agency and draft, but how about a poll thread to measure optimism among dolphans?

We have a new offensive coordinator. Cap restrictions. Heroes returning from injuries. Recognition from the head coach of what we all perceive as the team's greatest deficiencies. How confident are we of the results reflecting improvement? What would we perceive as improvement (A better regular season record, a second round playoff win, do we have to win the superbowl to be satisfied things are moving positively etc)?:D :) :(

Back
Top Bottom