Could this be part of the problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could this be part of the problem

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I was watching the Jacksonville Jaguars against the Bills and suddenly they showed Tom Coughlin on the screen. Tony Romo stated that Coughlin has his finger prints all over this team and that's why they're tough and well disciplined, play good defense etc.

I began thinking that Tom Coughlin has an equal position of authority that Mike Tannenbaum has, both guys operate above the GM and report to the owner. So what are the differences between these 2 guys and who would we rather have building our roster?

Tom Coughlin- has been either a Head Coach or a coordinator at the NFL level for 20 years. He has won 3 Super Bowls.

Mike Tannenbaum-Attorney, Agent-brought to the Jets to do the salary cap and contracts and he eventually destroyed the Jets salary cap and was fired. He got a job as an agent with Priority Sports and Entertainment until the Dolphins lured him away with a big job and salary. Are we stupid beyond belief????????????

Bottom line-there is no hard core Football guy overseeing things. Steve Ross doesn't know Football, Tannenbaum doesn't either. Gase knows some things but he's a first time Coach with a ton of stuff on his plate, too much. I really don't know what Chris Grier does except report to Tannenbaum. I know we tried the Guru thing before and it back fired but who can we look to that would give us a positive feeling about the near future of the Miami Dolphins?

House will be cleaned in 2019
Let’s all give The Big Posters Tannehill and Gase one more year. Ill make sure to start saving posts

I completely agree. I honestly don't think this team is gonna be making much noise as far as postseason goes until Ross and Tannenbaum are both gone.

Let’s all give The Big Posters Tannehill and Gase one more year. Ill make sure to start saving posts
Everyone seemed to love him last year and now they hate him this year. Let's see what year 3 brings before we chase him out of town. I'd be inclined to give him more than one more year unless next season is truly disastrous

The combo of Coughlin and the jags being really bad fo the last several seasons has now yielded them a roster with guys like

Jalen Ramsey
Telvin Smith
AJ Bouye
Malik Jackson
Calais Campbell
Leanord Fournette

Just to name a few....those are all all pro or pro bowl type guys and every one of them is young except Campbell.

While the Dolphins combo of Tannebaum and constistantly winning around 7 or so games a year, has yeilded us a roster with guys like

Jarvis Landry
Suh
Rashad Jones

and a whole lot of average players.

Everyone seemed to love him last year and now they hate him this year. Let's see what year 3 brings before we chase him out of town. I'd be inclined to give him more than one more year unless next season is truly disastrous

No let's keep calling for a new coach every two years because that brings stability.

That’s how bad Miami was this year. The hot seat cushion Gase built with a 10-6 playoff season wiped out already. That’ll happen when the team didn’t get better anywhere across the board.

I would start saving your posts but most of them are useless. I bet you can't wait to root against this team next year. Season is not even over and we are getting quality Tannesmith gem posts from you

Back
Top Bottom