Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

Question for Boomer, whats up with A.Smith? He looks so bad it brings Ryan Leaf back to mind. You think he is going to be a starter or is he just this bad? Man he looks so bad I think SF needs to take a Qb late first day/early second day or sign a decent vet. I somewhat believed much of the hype simply because I never saw much of him in college and just assumed scouts actually watched him play.

I'm not Boomer, but IMO he was put in a bad situation.

Everything about Alex Smith coming out of college screamed project. He has great athleticism and is smart, but he played in a gimmick offense. It will take him a year or two to become NFL ready. Also, he no longer has Parris Warren and Steve Savoy as his WRs going up against BYU. And to be honest he was considered a 3rd rounder after his bowl game, but he shot up draft boards once Leinhart decided to stay in college. So really Smith is a victim of a weak QB class & a new head coach wanting his first pick to be the face of the franchise, and believing what some random guy said about Rodgers being less ready. I am not saying Rodgers is going to be better, but IMO Rodgers would've been a better fit for a team like the 9ers. He was more ready to be a starter right away, while Smith was the one that needed to sit.

I'll admit I had us taking Smith in one of my later mocks, but that was mainly because of the depth of RBs in the draft and Ricky potentially coming back. Plus, I knew he wouldn't start right away

Dubfire said:
1 - Please. LOL.

2 and 3 contradict each other. Ive seen many USC games and never have I seen 8 in the box. NOt with the great receivers they have.

4- did you see the OB against OU? Most accurate deep passer I seen since my boy Gino.

5 - you have a point.

6- is a joke. LSU being better is VERY debatable. Auburn was definitley not better. And Texas does not win that game this year. If they do, it'll be close and Young will have to play the game of his life.

NO one and I mean NO ONE is crushing the Trojans in Pasadena. That's foolish to say.

all your points were dead wrong besides 5

and LSU was far superior that year, Auburn would have crushed USC

and I plan on watching USC get crushed by Texas this year and finally exposed for what they are

vt_dolfan said:
The trade itself is one of the better ones I have seen..it actually has me thinking...

That trade is insane on the part of the Niners if I have it right. Somebody actually thinks they'd take Ricky, Miami's 1st in 2006, and Miami's 2nd in 2007 to move down 13? Hell, I'll say it right now -- I fully support drafting ML if it costs Miami no more than this.

lol, alex's points are all just "wrong" and "not true." funny that he would say leinart has a weak deep ball and young has a great deep ball, when that's COMPLETELY FALSE. it's not even debatable. ask ANY SCOUT and they will agree

Hasnt anyone learnt yet that Alex LOVES Young with a passion, and Matt Lienart obviously peed in his Cheerios...

kastofsna120 said:
lol, alex's points are all just "wrong" and "not true." funny that he would say leinart has a weak deep ball and young has a great deep ball, when that's COMPLETELY FALSE. it's not even debatable. ask ANY SCOUT and they will agree

He's a Texas fan. Obviously it's gone to his head. Leinart's deep ball is good enough. Just ask Dwayne Jarrett.

As for me, I hope SF's stupid enough to make that trade. It'll help us for sure.

tylerdolphin said:
Hasnt anyone learnt yet that Alex LOVES Young with a passion, and Matt Lienart obviously peed in his Cheerios...

Maybe he got dumped by Leinart and is all bitter. :lol:

Alex22 said:
all your points were dead wrong besides 5

and LSU was far superior that year, Auburn would have crushed USC

and I plan on watching USC get crushed by Texas this year and finally exposed for what they are

Auburn would not have crushed USC last year. USC's defense had 5 1st Team All-Americans and 2 2nd team All-Americans. You add Patterson,Cody,Tatupu, and Grootegood to Wyatt,Bing,Jackson,Latsui, and Rucker and you've got a pretty good defense.

Grootegood and Tatupu were the two quickest LBs in the nation, and there was not a better DT combo in the country than Cody/Patterson.

LSU would've given the 03 USC team a run for their money since they had a good defense, and the best trio of WRs in the Nation (Clayton,Henderson,Green), but you add all of the defenders I mentioned to USC plus Will Poole and then add Mike Williams and Kerry Colbert to the USC WR corp and Jacob Rogers to the OL. It's still hard to put LSU over USC

Dubfire said:
4- did you see the OB against OU? Most accurate deep passer I seen since my boy Gino.

PLEASE don't tell me you are talking about Gino Torretta? If so then you basically just compared Matt Leinart to Gino Torretta, and we all know how THAT one turned out...........

Seriously, if you mean Gino T then you're argument is completely worthless now because you are trying to argue that Leinart will be a great NFL QB yet you compare him to Gino Torretta (I'm assuming it's him, he's the only Gino QB I know of) who is quite possibly the biggets bust EVER.

ChambersWI said:
Auburn would not have crushed USC last year. USC's defense had 5 1st Team All-Americans and 2 2nd team All-Americans. You add Patterson,Cody,Tatupu, and Grootegood to Wyatt,Bing,Jackson,Latsui, and Rucker and you've got a pretty good defense.

Grootegood and Tatupu were the two quickest LBs in the nation, and there was not a better DT combo in the country than Cody/Patterson.

LSU would've given the 03 USC team a run for their money since they had a good defense, and the best trio of WRs in the Nation (Clayton,Henderson,Green), but you add all of the defenders I mentioned to USC plus Will Poole and then add Mike Williams and Kerry Colbert to the USC WR corp and Jacob Rogers to the OL. It's still hard to put LSU over USC

Auburn was an undefeated team with a far harder schedule than USC

LSU I think would have easily handled USC regardless of who was on that team, yeah the defense was great but LSU wasnt a pushover either

I watched a lot of LSU and USC that year and I always came away more impressed by LSU

Auburn is debatable but imo they would have run the ball controlled the clock and shut USC down

19. Atlanta Falcons: Marcus McNeill, OT (Auburn)

Quick…name the Falcon’s starting tackles…exactly.

:lol: :lol:

Alex22 said:

LSU I think would have easily handled USC regardless of who was on that team, yeah the defense was great but LSU wasnt a pushover either

I watched a lot of LSU and USC that year and I always came away more impressed by LSU

Auburn is debatable but imo they would have run the ball controlled the clock and shut USC down

Dude...you just hate USC beyond sanity

Alex22 said:

Auburn played the freakin' CITADEL last year. There is no way they have any success on the ground if Patterson and Cody are on USCs D-Line, and they sure as hell aren't having success against Tatutpu and Grootegood.

LSU had a great team two years ago, but even that D could not stop Williams and Colbert. That USC team also had the nation's best punt/fg blocker in Will Poole.

chrome4 said:
19. Atlanta Falcons: Marcus McNeill, OT (Auburn)

Quick…name the Falcon’s starting tackles…exactly.

:lol: :lol:

won't happen. Gibbs (Atlanta's OL coach) hates big tackles and 1st round tackles.

Honestly, I think if USC went another 746532867 games without losing, Alex would still say that they arent that good

Back
Top Bottom