Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
24/7Wall Street also ranks Hialeah as 5th worst. Ironically, Miami ranks worse than even Detroit

I dunno that The Fins should really financially continue to hitch their cart to a city oft derided as a "banana republic" from a political standpoint vs finding a corporate partner to situate a custom made stadium in a central site in a more stable municipality and accessible to a more affluent and mainstream demographics base -like near the Bank Atlantic Stadium in Sunrise at the edge of the Everglades. Perhaps instead of the major rehab, Mr Ross should do some upgrading with an eye towards eventually turning Joe Robbie into a soccer and special events stadium. (hell, maybe we'll even attract better beat writers LOL)

2. Miami, Fla.
> Population: 408,760
> Credit rating: A2, negative outlook
> Violent crime per 1,000 people: 11.98 (12th highest)
> Unemployment rate: 12.4% (17th highest)

Between 2007 and 2011, the median home value in Miami fell by 43.5%. Additionally, the city had one of the nation’s lowest median household incomes, at under $29,000, while 31% of residents lived below the poverty line — nearly twice the U.S. rate of 15.9%. Despite the difficult economic conditions Miamians faced, the city joined with Miami-Dade County to pay for almost 80% of the more-than $600 million cost of building a new baseball stadium for the Miami Marlins. The deal has caused significant uproar. While taxpayers pay extremely high costs to service the stadium debt, the team has traded many of its top players. In 2011, the SEC launched an investigation into the agreement.

Link to Miami as the second worst run city

Link to methodologies used to develop the rankings

Oh but don't post these facts here, according to some people here fans are required to buy tickets and if they lived here they would buy tickets too. :lol: What they don't know is that if they moved here there's a good chance they may not find a job for a good while.

I don't live in Miami so I don't know the stat but I am shocked that the population is that low. Is that correct? I thought the population was in the millions? Interesting approach the stadium subject.

Miami is my favoirte place on earth...whatevs. I wish I could travel there more often.

I don't live in Miami so I don't know the stat but I am shocked that the population is that low. Is that correct? I thought the population was in the millions? Interesting approach the stadium subject.

Really? Have you been to a city with millions? Places like Toronto/Chicago have 2.7 million. And trust me, once you've been there, you'll realize that Miami is nowhere near it... simply because you can park places in Miami with relative ease! LOL

the city of miami is pretty small. its the metro area that is heavily populated. I believe its near 3 million. Everyone goes all throughout the metro area.

No.

Inside of city limits, Miami has roughly 400K in population. Columbus, Ohio is actually bigger than Miami. In Miami-Dade County, there are only roughly 2.5M in population.

Now, if we're talking metropolitan areas, the Miami Metro area is one of the largest in the country because it encompasses Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Jupiter, Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and other surrounding communities.

... how is "Miami Metro" encompassing West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter + Tequesta? That's just not true. When surveys reference "Miami Metro" they are talking about https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&s...,+USA&ei=P8j6UKnEKobh0QGIz4CADg&ved=0CNUBELYD

Not places that are in different counties + over 100 miles away.

The U.S. Office of Management and Budget designates the area the Miami–Fort Lauderdale–Pompano Beach, FL

Also according to the Office of Management and Budget, the Miami Metro area (the real one) has over 5 million people :stare: I had no idea.

Don't post the facts. You might hurt the brains of the dodo's who love to piss on us South Floridians.

Fact is, 31% live below the poverty line. This is something I already knew because I have lived in Miami Florida since 1990. This place is a 3rd world country, no joke. Most everything is in spanish, and going to any American establishment like an Outback Steakhouse, McDonalds, etc... will have you met with people who can barely speak proper english with heavy accents.

Miami's reputation as a nice, party, beach city is only because if you are rich, you can have a great time.

A lot of people cannot afford to go to Dolphin games. Especially if the team has sucked ass for the past 10+ years. And the Dolphins are competing with a first class organization in the Miami Heat, who are truly a model to how a sports franchise should be run, in any sport.

So before you go and piss on Dolphin fans for being "bad fans" again.....

... how is "Miami Metro" encompassing West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter + Tequesta? That's just not true. When surveys reference "Miami Metro" they are talking about https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&s...,+USA&ei=P8j6UKnEKobh0QGIz4CADg&ved=0CNUBELYD

Not places that are in different counties + over 100 miles away.

Also according to the Office of Management and Budget, the Miami Metro area (the real one) has over 5 million people :stare: I had no idea.

What lol? That map is for Miami METRORAIL and other locations that begin with metro, etc., lol.

The Miami Metro AREA extends all the way up to Palm Beach County. SOFLA.

To add...

Donna Shalala and UMiami's med school seriously effed up: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/22/2918375/um-med-schools-big-ambitions-led.html

And Miami cancelled the second weekend of ULTRA, the huge electronic music fest they host every year, which a lot of my friends are pretty ticked about, let alone the millions of tourist dollars that will stay in tourist pockets.

wait WTF why did the 2nd weekend of ultra get cancelled? aw damn now I gotta get tix for the 1st weekend

EDIT : no, you are wrong Twitches Brew. miami voted to allow both weekends.

http://exmiami.org/threads/miami-co...-weekend-of-ultra-music-festival-in-2013.430/

Back
Top Bottom