Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Credible Financial Site Ranks Miami 2nd Worst-Run City In US

... how is "Miami Metro" encompassing West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter + Tequesta? That's just not true. When surveys reference "Miami Metro" they are talking about https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&s...,+USA&ei=P8j6UKnEKobh0QGIz4CADg&ved=0CNUBELYD

Not places that are in different counties + over 100 miles away.

Also according to the Office of Management and Budget, the Miami Metro area (the real one) has over 5 million people :stare: I had no idea.

The Miami Metro area includes the 3 counties of Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade and stretches from Jupiter to Homestead.

Miamiurban-1.gif

Attachments

• Miamiurban.gif
    Miamiurban.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
The Miami Metro area includes the 3 counties of Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade and stretches from Jupiter to Homestead.

Miamiurban-1.gif

There are parts of Miami-Dade itself that aren't included in the METRO area lol. Metro area doesn't necessarily mean Miami or inside the county in which a city is geographically located.

Good thing Mr. Ross is going to create 4,000 jobs with the stadium renovations.

Please, Just like the I-595 construction was supposed to create all these jobs, yet they went and got people from out of state for less to do the work? There is loopholes in everything and Mr. Ross didn't gain 5 billion dollars by being this saint. You best believe whatever his "plan" is, it revolves around lining his pockets right first.

There are parts of Miami-Dade itself that aren't included in the METRO area lol. Metro area doesn't necessarily mean Miami or inside the county in which a city is geographically located.

Of course not, imagine if the Everglades didn't exist . . . I think the population would be pushing over 20 million by now :lol:

Being real about my personal experience in this city, as much as I love Miami, if I could move out of here and it guaranteed me a job elsewhere I would. I've been unemployed for 3 weeks now, been doing some side jobs here and there to put money in the bank, but jeez is it ever hard to get a freaking interview these days. Even with all the experience in several areas I have, I sometimes have to resort to getting a job that is below my resume at times just to work.

It is what it is, the good thing is I am not a spender even when I've had very good paying jobs before so there's always been money in the bank to support myself and family.

Being real about my personal experience in this city, as much as I love Miami, if I could move out of here and it guaranteed me a job elsewhere I would. I've been unemployed for 3 weeks now, been doing some side jobs here and there to put money in the bank, but jeez is it ever hard to get a freaking interview these days. Even with all the experience in several areas I have, I sometimes have to resort to getting a job that is below my resume at times just to work.

It is what it is, the good thing is I am not a spender even when I've had very good paying jobs before so there's always been money in the bank to support myself and family.

Sad. What is your background in?

The biggest issue with Miami is if you are not bilingual, you aren't getting a good job. That is where this "banana republic" as Vaark stated it is the full truth. Companies will take less qualified people in a heartbeat (and I may way underqualified) because they speak 2 languages and that is why this city/area is turning into a crap hole.

The biggest reason I have not purchased a house in South Florida (and I've lived here my entire life) is because I am not sure I wanna be here to raise a family.

The biggest issue with Miami is if you are not bilingual, you aren't getting a good job. That is where this "banana republic" as Vaark stated it is the full truth. Companies will take less qualified people in a heartbeat (and I may way underqualified) because they speak 2 languages and that is why this city/area is turning into a crap hole.

The biggest reason I have not purchased a house in South Florida (and I've lived here my entire life) is because I am not sure I wanna be here to raise a family.

Damn right. I am leaving Miami when the financial time is right, the sooner the better. Will always be a Dolphin fan though

It's tough. It's one reason why a lot of people leave South Florida. Too much of a language barrier to begin with and jobs are scarce. Unless you can find something concrete in Lauderdale or Palm Beach, it just makes sense to bolt. Violent crimes in Miami, gangs in North Miami, etc. It's not easy. Can't blame anyone if they didn't want to raise a family there. All of the people who are raised as Dolphin fans leave South Florida and then Dolphin fans can't figure out why we can't fill a stadium on Sunday.

It's easy to have all the answers when you're on the outside of the box.

What lol? That map is for Miami METRORAIL and other locations that begin with metro, etc., lol.

The Miami Metro AREA extends all the way up to Palm Beach County. SOFLA.

The quote I posted was direct from the Federal Government site for the Budget. Miami Metro Area does not extend up to Palm Beach County. It may have in the past? I'm not sure.

For purposes of budgeting... and the census itself... the US Government seems to label the Miami Metro Area as Miami - Ft Lauderdale - Pompano.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/assets/bulletins/b10-02.pdf

Silly debate regardless. My fault for starting it.

The quote I posted was direct from the Federal Government site for the Budget. Miami Metro Area does not extend up to Palm Beach County. It may have in the past? I'm not sure.

For purposes of budgeting... and the census itself... the US Government seems to label the Miami Metro Area as Miami - Ft Lauderdale - Pompano.

Silly debate regardless. My fault for starting it.

It is labeled that way, but it includes West Palm Beach as well. It is Jupiter to Homestead . . . and that is the area they track for the census for this Metro area.

The quote I posted was direct from the Federal Government site for the Budget. Miami Metro Area does not extend up to Palm Beach County. Not sure why you're sticking to this.

For purposes of budgeting... and the census itself... the US Government seems to label the Miami Metro Area as Miami - Ft Lauderdale - Pompano. Not sure where you're getting your "facts' from, but lol away!

Actually, my understanding is that the metro area, as defined by advertisers and other commercial entities is considered "South Florida" and does extend from Homestead to West Palm. it's not unlike the NY Metro area encompassing adjacent parts of NJ and CT. I think we're getting bogged down in semantics. What's more pertinent, IMO, is that the more stable, affluent demographics that are Fins Fans in general are north and somewhat to the west of Miami Dade County with the likelihood that there'd be more receptivity to attending games if the stadium was situated more centrally. Hell, putting the stadium near the Sawgrass Mills Mall would make the commute from West Palm less than an hour and from the affluent Martin County including Jupiter, a lot more do-able also. Also moving the stadium out of the clutches of chronically graft-ridden 3rd world type politics removes the Fins from the foibles of corruption and arbitrary policy reversals. Personally I love the diversity that is South Florida, but factually, the handsign that was once put up at the Broward border on *I 95 saying "welcome to America" was more stating a reality than it was a slur.

I'm from Montreal and just got back from Miami last night after a 7 day stay in Kendall. Spent a couple of days in Miami beach and went out to Liv last Saturday night. All I could say is my 40 year love for Miami is stronger than ever. My wife and I were just talking this morning about moving there. I love it. Just one thing though. No one speaks English!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable. The Walmart the public the Walgreens nobody spoke English. How is this possible? Anyways I still love the city and always will. It's simply beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom