Crowder firing back!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by richied06, Jun 7, 2009.

1. richied06

richied06 Well-Known Member

2. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

I Want him to come out and prove he can be a dominating force on the football field

3. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Damn, there was a lot of stuff I was glad to hear in that article. Like the part you mentioned, and Cam being strong as hell, all that stuff. Thank you Crowder!

4. haoleboy

haoleboy Starter

Best thing this team can do to get the respect they feel they deserve is go out and win. Quit complaining about the respect and go take it.

5. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

We should have the best pass rush in Dolphins history. I see a lot of fierce pride-filled effort from Porter, Taylor & Wake to be the first to get to the qb.

6. haoleboy

haoleboy Starter

I know we haven't seen him on the field, but I just have a feeling that Wake is going to be a BEAST for us.

7. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

i agree 100%. shut up & play winning football. simplicity.
    "What other people think of me is none of my business." - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. DFJR88

DFJR88 Well-Known Member

that made me laugh. crowder is the man.

9. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I swear to god. I have never heard grown men cry like little sissy girls about "respect" like I have since the advent of the internet. Respect is earned. It is undeniable if you earn it. You take it. You don't "Get" it. You are not entitled to respect. You go out and you take it.

It's true in all aspects of life. You take and impose respect. You don't just talk about it.

I do not understand all the guys whining like little girls about how X or X doesn't respect us...But, they are swinging on the sac of the same guy should he write a positive article about a Dolphin.

Ok...Lemme get this straight; X guy says negative about the Dolphins...He's a hater and, an idiot "Talking head". Same guy says somthing positive a week later? Genius. :chuckle:

FFS people. I hate all this tounge wagging. Just get out there and play. If you win, respect will follow. I know it's a brand new concept and all, but, I promise..It will come.

10. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

I hope Crowder can back up his talk. So far the only NFL accomplished LB's the Phins have are Porter and JT.(as pass rush)
    Otherwise MIA has ILB that makes absolutely no plays behind the line of scrimmage. And a CFL sack master. I hope Crowders game is better than the previous few years.

I just wish people here on these boards temper expectations for people who haven't accomplished a thing on the NFL gridiron, or have been avg. at best.

But I will be admonished for such comments as 'hater'. I look forward to day 1 of TC and GM 1 of the Reg Season. Thats when the talk stops and the hitting begins.

11. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

Hey Goon tell us how you really feel? :lol:

12. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

I have little respect for Crowder as a player.He is average,marginal,so-so just not the playmaker that I believe this team needs in the middle and in my opinion we will never be as good as we can be with Crowder in the middle.I hope to God he can prove me wrong but if past results are an indicator of future
    performance then "you know what you get with Crowder"interceptions,forced fumbles,fumble recoveries,sacks expect very few and far between on plays that could change the outcome of games...never had it ...never will
    but he talks a great game

and NO I'm not a Crowder hater but a Crowder realist knowing what we have is a mediocre non-dominant middle lb that has become allergic to game changing plays but continues to talk
    with the best of them.

13. fairbanksb

fairbanksb Panhandler

So why do you think a mediocre non-dominant lb remains on the team? Do Sparano, Parcells and Ireland resemble the picture in your thread or is Crowder better than mediocre?

14. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

Didn't we play the same teams as New England and the Jets did last year? Maybe one or two different, but pretty much the same schedule. Can't wait for the season to start.

15. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame Hammered

Yeah, and we basically play the same teams this year as well.

16. dolfan19

dolfan19 Starter Finheaven VIP

IMHO -

I think Crowder has been decent. Not great, but decent. He's still relatively young, so he has upside. And the reason he's still on the team - again, in my humble opinion - is because when the Coaching Staff weighed the value of Crowder's talent + his experience in the system + price, it was a better overall value than going out, getting a new ILB, and having to teach him the system. He had more worth than what was out there.

I think he can be a very good linebacker in the NFL. Not a top 5 guy, but a very good ILB for us. If he gets to that point, we can have a very strong defense. But I don't consider him a glaring weak spot.

17. BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI BIG_FISH_RI

Could not have said it any better.
    Crowder is GOOD. He is not GREAT....He is not BAD
    just a good LB.

As for talking you have to agree.......you know your good but everybody and there mother keeps saying Well Brady is back so the Dolphons have to take a back seat. You would be pissed to.
    Pride is a very valuable thing fellas.
    Maybe none of you played the game before.

18. milldog

milldog Starter

With huge upside still IMO, I think he becomes great for us.

19. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

Wow, you're my guru.

20. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

I apologize for this, but I didn't really follow football in '05. I know Crowder was considered a first round prospect, but what caused him to fall so far in the draft (other than teams just not picking him)?

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I wonder why Crowder is considered so mediocre by some on this board yet other guys that are on the phins that have not exactly dominated thier position get so much love. I personally think Crowder has proven to be a good middle linebacker much like others on this team that so far have only been good.

22. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Crowder isn't a star or likely making any Pro Bowls soon, but yes, he is a good linebacker. I am very glad we re-signed him and I think his presence was really felt when he missed the game against the Chiefs. He doesn't light things up, but his absence was really felt in Week 16.

23. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR Scout Team

I believe most of the team quietly feels the same way as those who have the courage to speak the truth. When you read the quiet responses of Grove, Ricky and Ireland you still hear that there is an undertone of feeling disrespected running through the team's facility. I find it interesting that Crowder had conversations with patriot players and they actually had the audacity to jab him with the Luck Card, almost like a conversation that casual fans have around the water cooler during and after the season. But to think that people you actually competed against feel that all your effort was good fortune is definetley a slap in the face of the Dolphins as a hole. So I can understand Crowders contention and I hope as a life long Dolphin fan that the fire he is spitting from his mouth turns into big plays on the field.
    Sounds like the AFC East is going to war already. I can't recall a time where a division was sparring so angrily before the season even started. This Phin fan hates the Jets, but Rex Ryan has certainly added some spice to the already simmering rivialries.
    Here's hoping MIAMI spanks them all (again) and finally restores order in the AFC EAST. Are You With Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace.....................................

24. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I see Crowder as every bit as good at his position if not better than Ronnie Brown at RB.

25. pb1300

pb1300 Scout Team

If Smith and/or Davis can produce, and we can get some push from or NTs, we are going to be sick on defense. I cant see where all the pessimism is coming from (the outsiders I mean, no FH). We have a great leader taking the snaps, one who rarely makes mistakes, two great RBs, a good group of receivers and TEs, and a nasty OL if they can all stay healthy. There is no reason that we shouldnt be talked about as much as any other team in the division, regardless of Brady's return. But like its been mentioned, let them just go out and play, and Im sure everyone will see how good this team really is!

26. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

Excellent explanation bro,I agree. This is going on crowders 3rd year at the position right? If thats the case, we just treat him like Ginn..both have some high expectations to meet. I wouldnt call Crowder a bad ILB at all. I think hes above avg. Not great but like everyone else is saying..Huge upside and he will get better as he masters the position. The guy learned from Zach

27. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

I think Crowder is the catalyst for the defense personally.

28. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

naah, i dont think so yet...soon though

29. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

I guess what the players are trying to say is...Hey we are the AFC East Champs...if respect wasnt earned already, then something isnt wrong with us, but with you. I mean come on now, you know when respect is due...Its utter disrespect to think NE or the Jets or BUFF should be over us. I guess if the fins won the superbowl last year theyd still be having this discussion because of brady coming back/TO in Buff/ Mark Sanchez/ Rex Ryan appearances....its disrespect and I agree with Crowder and Porter.. I think its soft to just sit there ...This is what pumps your team up....lets not forget we won the division last year fans

30. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

I like Crowder and am glad he is on the team. I think some of you are undervalueing his contributions on the field and in the locker room. He is a solid player and brings the emotional level up a notch. He is not just all fire either he is also a heady player who reads offensive schemes. Isnt he the one in charge of calling audibles too?

31. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

If you actually look at the NFL now...theres very few 'Great' ILBs. I dont see why so much pressure on this guy.. He's a 'Great' character guy

32. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

crowders obviously not great... hes good,
    he wont ever get to the probowl unless he can get to the qb 8 times..
    i dont see to many crowder jerseys running around.. actually i see more thomas jersey's than channings so he should be bitchin about that soon too

33. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

Looks like ill be the only one scouting for a crowder jersey this year..break out year baby! This guy took on Light Helmetless and still no love?

34. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Your opinion. Both are basically right outside of the top 10 at thier position. Brown has never finished close to top 10 in rushing, he is just more popular.

35. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Not the best example to display Crowder's toughness..

36. RUDEbyallMEANS

RUDEbyallMEANS Perennial All-Pro

Sounds like Crowder blew up in that interview.

Funny how the Patriots say Miami was lucky last year when that 2001 NE team was the luckiest team in history.

37. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

yeah but I think his London sarcasm deemed him not as intelligent...I guess being funny and intelligent at the same time cant coexist.