Current starting LB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current starting LB's

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
As it is today ... still before the draft ... it seems Miami's starting LB's are Wake, Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson. I was looking at the roster and noticed how similar they are. All four are listed at 250 lbs. Anderson and Dansby are 6'4, Wake is 6'3, and Crowder is 6'2. Wake is the only one who played outside the SEC in college. Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson are all within a year of each other in their age being 27, 28, and 28 respectivly while Wake is the youngest at 23.

I know we need LB's in the draft and I am not advocating not drafting defense but Miami has a pretty decent looking corp of LB's. It will be interesting how Dansby's level of play will effect the others. Wake is up and coming and the other 3 are in their prime. So we shall see what happens come draft day but IMO Miami is not as desparate for LB help as many of us keep talking about.

By the way, Torbor is 6'2 250lbs out of Auburn and the same age as Crowder. Folsom is the youngest and smallest at 6'3 230lbs and Walden is 6'2 250lbs. Of course these last two are our special teamers. Realistically Miami only has 5 LB's that will see the field beyond special teams so Miami will be drafting at least one or two more.

Uhhh no. Moses only had 48 snaps last year, Wake had over 100 snaps and almost 20 QB pressures, Moses had 0. Wake's way better OLB

Uhhh yes. Wake played only 4 or 5 snaps at OLB (in the Buccs game Porter was suspended for) - the rest were at DE (hand in the dirt) as a situational pass rusher

Uhhh yes. Wake played only 4 or 5 snaps at OLB (in the Buccs game Porter was suspended for) - the rest were at DE (hand in the dirt) as a situational pass rusher

Wake is the better pass rushing OLB between the two, Moses is nothing more than a potential ridden player. Wake has the better skills between the two. & in that bucs game he had more pressures & sacks than Moses all year long.

Who gives a **** who the starters are right now...... we are months from the preseason, wake looked good whatever position he was lined up at last year, Mosses didn't look bad either, but really dudes, does it matter if it says he's a starting OLB or a DE???? Don't put so much into their positions, if his hand is in the dirt and he's rushing the QB or if he's standing up doing it.... doesn't matter, just as long as he's doing it good!

As it is today ... still before the draft ... it seems Miami's starting LB's are Wake, Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson. I was looking at the roster and noticed how similar they are. All four are listed at 250 lbs. Anderson and Dansby are 6'4, Wake is 6'3, and Crowder is 6'2. Wake is the only one who played outside the SEC in college. Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson are all within a year of each other in their age being 27, 28, and 28 respectivly while Wake is the youngest at 23.

I know we need LB's in the draft and I am not advocating not drafting defense but Miami has a pretty decent looking corp of LB's. It will be interesting how Dansby's level of play will effect the others. Wake is up and coming and the other 3 are in their prime. So we shall see what happens come draft day but IMO Miami is not as desparate for LB help as many of us keep talking about.

By the way, Torbor is 6'2 250lbs out of Auburn and the same age as Crowder. Folsom is the youngest and smallest at 6'3 230lbs and Walden is 6'2 250lbs. Of course these last two are our special teamers. Realistically Miami only has 5 LB's that will see the field beyond special teams so Miami will be drafting at least one or two more.

Your trying to spin a positive outlook to a very inexperienced group.Dansby should be a fantastic upgrade over Akin...then what do we have
Anderson with 17 tackles
Walden with 8
Folsum with 1
Moses with 6
Crowder with 52(his worst year in the NFL)
Wake with 23 tackles(many special teams)

Other than Dansby,we have a group of question marks...could they step up...possible

God help us if Dansby goes down with the rest of these linebackers as they stand

Your trying to spin a positive outlook to a very inexperienced group.Dansby should be a fantastic upgrade over Akin...then what do we have
Anderson with 17 tackles
Walden with 8
Folsum with 1
Moses with 6

Other than Dansby,we have a group of question marks...could they step up...possible

God help us if Dansby goes down with the rest of these linebackers as they stand

I agree with all that. Putting Folsum and Walden aside because they are mainly ST's, the others do have some potential. I'm just posing the question of what if the FO likes these young and in their prime LB's? What if the FO sees in them good things ahead? Could it be that the FO isn't targeting many LB's in the draft? I don't know. But we could have a pretty decent group already in uniform.:ponder:

Anderson with 17 tackles
Walden with 8
Folsum with 1
Moses with 6

I understand that this forum is negative but it doesn't HAVE to be negative, positivity is another way to look at things, players have the potential to be better than the previous year and have the ability to regress. ANY player in the league can be the team's MVP - Folsum, Wake, Crowder - they could all out perform Dansby. We will see how Nolan uses the players, the defensive scheme might give LB's more opportunity to perform. Time will tell....positive outlook

I understand that this forum is negative but it doesn't HAVE to be negative, positivity is another way to look at things, players have the potential to be better than the previous year and have the ability to regress. ANY player in the league can be the team's MVP - Folsum, Wake, Crowder - they could all out perform Dansby. We will see how Nolan uses the players, the defensive scheme might give LB's more opportunity to perform. Time will tell....positive outlook

Ummm don't mistake negative for reality. Ron gave you a bit of reality and that is outside of Dansby our LBs are a GIANT question mark!

Ummm don't mistake negative for reality. Ron gave you a bit of reality and that is outside of Dansby our LBs are a GIANT question mark!

Question mark? Besides Dansby and Wake, it is pretty obvious that the LB's SUCK!! There is NO question mark about that.

Back
Top Bottom