Current starting LB's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by matt11390, Mar 25, 2010.

1. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

As it is today ... still before the draft ... it seems Miami's starting LB's are Wake, Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson. I was looking at the roster and noticed how similar they are. All four are listed at 250 lbs. Anderson and Dansby are 6'4, Wake is 6'3, and Crowder is 6'2. Wake is the only one who played outside the SEC in college. Crowder, Dansby, and Anderson are all within a year of each other in their age being 27, 28, and 28 respectivly while Wake is the youngest at 23.

I know we need LB's in the draft and I am not advocating not drafting defense but Miami has a pretty decent looking corp of LB's. It will be interesting how Dansby's level of play will effect the others. Wake is up and coming and the other 3 are in their prime. So we shall see what happens come draft day but IMO Miami is not as desparate for LB help as many of us keep talking about.

By the way, Torbor is 6'2 250lbs out of Auburn and the same age as Crowder. Folsom is the youngest and smallest at 6'3 230lbs and Walden is 6'2 250lbs. Of course these last two are our special teamers. Realistically Miami only has 5 LB's that will see the field beyond special teams so Miami will be drafting at least one or two more.

2. Sean0617

Sean0617 Scout Team

wake is actually 28 years old.

3. Doctor Phibes

Doctor Phibes Well-Known Member

As things stand Moses is ahead of Wake at OLB

4. Delfin 22

Delfin 22 Master of the Force

Naaa.....Wake is far better than moses..

5. Doctor Phibes

Wasn't my opinion - simply a statement of fact. Moses was in the outside linebacker rotation last season, Wake wasn't

6. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Uhhh no. Moses only had 48 snaps last year, Wake had over 100 snaps and almost 20 QB pressures, Moses had 0. Wake's way better OLB

7. Doctor Phibes

Uhhh yes. Wake played only 4 or 5 snaps at OLB (in the Buccs game Porter was suspended for) - the rest were at DE (hand in the dirt) as a situational pass rusher

8. Phinatic8u

Wake is the better pass rushing OLB between the two, Moses is nothing more than a potential ridden player. Wake has the better skills between the two. & in that bucs game he had more pressures & sacks than Moses all year long.

9. Juice3374

Juice3374 Active Member

Who gives a **** who the starters are right now...... we are months from the preseason, wake looked good whatever position he was lined up at last year, Mosses didn't look bad either, but really dudes, does it matter if it says he's a starting OLB or a DE???? Don't put so much into their positions, if his hand is in the dirt and he's rushing the QB or if he's standing up doing it.... doesn't matter, just as long as he's doing it good!

10. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Your trying to spin a positive outlook to a very inexperienced group.Dansby should be a fantastic upgrade over Akin...then what do we have
    Anderson with 17 tackles
    Walden with 8
    Folsum with 1
    Moses with 6
    Crowder with 52(his worst year in the NFL)
    Wake with 23 tackles(many special teams)

Other than Dansby,we have a group of question marks...could they step up...possible

God help us if Dansby goes down with the rest of these linebackers as they stand

11. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

I agree with all that. Putting Folsum and Walden aside because they are mainly ST's, the others do have some potential. I'm just posing the question of what if the FO likes these young and in their prime LB's? What if the FO sees in them good things ahead? Could it be that the FO isn't targeting many LB's in the draft? I don't know. But we could have a pretty decent group already in uniform.:ponder:

12. Jawamba

Jawamba Starter

I understand that this forum is negative but it doesn't HAVE to be negative, positivity is another way to look at things, players have the potential to be better than the previous year and have the ability to regress. ANY player in the league can be the team's MVP - Folsum, Wake, Crowder - they could all out perform Dansby. We will see how Nolan uses the players, the defensive scheme might give LB's more opportunity to perform. Time will tell....positive outlook

13. CCMiamiDolphins

CCMiamiDolphins Parcells hater

Get JT's agent on the phone lol

14. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Ummm don't mistake negative for reality. Ron gave you a bit of reality and that is outside of Dansby our LBs are a GIANT question mark!

15. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Question mark? Besides Dansby and Wake, it is pretty obvious that the LB's SUCK!! There is NO question mark about that.

16. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I was trying to be how should I put it? Less of kick in the teeth about it! But since you mention it they do SUCK. Except Dansby! Wake I'll say is a question mark, he needs to show he is a complete IL which includes not letting the Jets punter break his ankles!

17. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Negativity is brutal - we had stiffs in there last year people complained we take a few stiffs out and we get more complaints..., we add Dansby still getting complaints..., of course the FO is not finished..., BTW Wake is a helluva a lot better than he is getting credited and my take - Paul Pasqualoni (sp?) is also gone for lack of leadership not standing up to Joey and not playing Wake - not to forget an even bigger blunder being unable to make adjustmenst throughout the game...

18. footsteps falco

footsteps falco heart..

he wasn't arguing whos better hes just stating a fact that only in 1 game did wake play olb, the rest of the snaps he was on as a DE. i dont think anyone would argue wake is better then moses.

19. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

Some may think our LBs suck. Some others may consider the first group to be dummies. Who cares?

We KNOW that CROWDER can play well. He's just not the dominant ILB. So, I wish some of his brainless bashers would put a sock in it. B SCOTT for the RAVRENS wasn't the dominant ILB there: it was R LEWIS. And on PARCELLS' Champion NY GIANTS team, G REASONS wasn't the dominant ILB: it was "PEPPER" JOHNSON. The problem here in MIAMI is that for as long as MIAMI has played a 3-4, it HASN'T HAD A DOMINANT ILB. YOU NEED BOTH. And when you HAVE both, they bolster each other's play, and you see an exponential improvement: NEITHER, w/an AYODELE, would be as good.

3-4s also require a dominant NT, too, and MIAMI doesn't have one of them, either. Nor a playmaking FS.

MIAMI is now just a NT, FS, and a little depth away from having all the pieces for a solid 3-4, and a DC who knows how to run one. This would be a "first" for MIAMI.

OLB doesn't worry me nearly as much as the NT/FS "corridor". WAKE did well; ANDERSON did well; and MOSES also did well--that move he put on a starting NFL LT to sack Big BEN in the STEELERS game was awesome. He may be ready to emerge.

I see an OLB in Round 2. I also think MIAMI will trade down in the 1st to get another 2d Round pick. Then, MIAMI picks one of CODY/WILLIAMS in the 1st Round, and a FS, TE and ILB in Rounds 2 through 4...unless MIAMI gets a FS or ILB in F/A. With the rest of its picks, including whatever it gets for SMILEY, MIAMI drafts another NT (PARCELLS' yearly "flyer" or "project") and one OLman...thereafter, whatever.

Oh, and I WOULD re-sign JT, and put him back at weakside OLB where he belongs. His play at SOLB wasn't bad either: it would've worked out as planned if he was sharing time w/the cok$uker formerly known as ROTH. Oh,well...GOOD RIDDANCE to ROTH, and to PORTER, too!

Go, FINS!!!

20. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Our LB's don't suck. They aren't probowlers but don't suck as a few of you have put it. Perhaps Dansby raises all their bars. But lets not be so sure about him either. Miami has signed FA's in the past that had all star written on them like Dansby does now ... and yet they busted in Miami. So we shall see about all them.

21. Phinatic8u

Naw Dansby will & is goning to be great for us.

22. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

I would like to think that Nolan will help this group to improve. Maybe better coaching, more effective schemes.

23. JT-forpresident

JT-forpresident Believe In Miami

by the end of the draft we'll have two more names in there... two rookies, or a rookie and jason taylor...

you can write that down

24. dr.jake

dr.jake Rookie

i believe we'll draft 2 lbs. possibly as high as first and second.

25. CW_McGraw

CW_McGraw Scout Team

I really don't get why people actually think Anderson is anything more than a warm body. If we don't draft an OLB in the first two rounds, I'll be shocked.