Cut to 75?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut to 75??

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know we don't have to cut down to 75 on Monday as would have been the case in previous years, but if we did who would be on your list of cuts for Miami?

Guys who id cut already

Storm Johnson deveon smith Brandon doughty David fales Thomas Duarte Malcolm Lewis Trey griffey aj hendy Julius Warmsley rashad Lawrence Mitch Mathews Chris pantale Brandon watts winston chapman

That gets me to 75 although they have to keep the qbs around if this were actually a true initial cut for reps and to save the 2 deep qbs arms but I'd cut both doughty and fales regardless already. NothIng either does in preseason game 4 would change it.

We loved Warmsley in pre season last year. How's he looked this year so far?

Guys who id cut already

Storm Johnson deveon smith Brandon doughty David fales Thomas Duarte Malcolm Lewis Trey griffey aj hendy Julius Warmsley rashad Lawrence Mitch Mathews Chris pantale Brandon watts winston chapman

That gets me to 75 although they have to keep the qbs around if this were actually a true initial cut for reps and to save the 2 deep qbs arms but I'd cut both doughty and fales regardless already. NothIng either does in preseason game 4 would change it.
Initially, I wanted to keep Storm, but now I would have to say Perry makes the53.

Guys who id cut already

So who is your backup to Ajayi if we release Storm who also plays Special teams, I'm just curious-Perry? I think he got hurt last game also if I'm not mistaken - knee.

So who is your backup to Ajayi if we release Storm who also plays Special teams, I'm just curious-Perry? I think he got hurt last game also if I'm not mistaken - knee.

It would be Perry if we keep a 4th and he'd be the first team kick returner.

I've seen enough of storm Johnson I'd cut him. I thought it was funny how every time storm caught a kick off in this last game perry told him to take a knee every time perry caught one he came out with it.

I would like to get a more extended look at deveon smith though in the preseason finale. Don't think he's gotten much run hard to gauge him. Storm though I'd cut assuming perry is healthy.

The backup to Ajayi i see as Kenyan drake and he's the biggest tell on the team. Draw delay or outside zone. Set your watch to it based on down and distance.

It would be Perry if we keep a 4th and he'd be the first team kick returner.

I've seen enough of storm Johnson I'd cut him. I thought it was funny how every time storm caught a kick off in this last game perry told him to take a knee every time perry caught one he came out with it.

I would like to get a more extended look at deveon smith though in the preseason finale. Don't think he's gotten much run hard to gauge him. Storm though I'd cut assuming perry is healthy.

The backup to Ajayi i see as Kenyan drake and he's the biggest tell on the team. Draw delay or outside zone. Set your watch to it based on down and distance.

I get that Drake is the backup but he isin't the thumper type - would like to have another back on the roster like that if possilbe. So Ajayi, Drake, Williams and ? (suppose Perry if he is healthy).

I get that Drake is the backup but he isin't the thumper type - would like to have another back on the roster like that if possilbe. So Ajayi, Drake, Williams and ? (suppose Perry if he is healthy).

We definitely need someone inside the tackles other than Ajayi but I think they are gonna ride with what we have unless we pick up that piece at final cuts. I would like to upgrade the 2 deep option with a more well rounded runner.

Let's hope Ajayi stays healthy cause he looks like he's taken it up another level this year.

We ran basic inside zone hand off in the tight red and he just bulled his way into the end zone twice. If Miami has that in its back pocket in the tight red out of single back looks teams are gonna stack the box and leave us with 1 on 1s on the outside.

Seriously those two tds were easy money. And you can tell listening to cutler in interviews that if he gets that look with dvp cause of the Ajayi threat inside he's going to him with high point stuff. We can run similar above the rim like stuff with Julius flexed or split too. If he doesn't give us that in the tight red well then he's worthless. I think miamis gonna run ISO with him and rubs to get him clean easy looks like we saw on the td back shoulder catch

What about trading Damian Williams? I don't see the point in going with two 3rd down backs.

What about trading Damian Williams? I don't see the point in going with two 3rd down backs.

I would not trade Damien Williams as long as Kenyan drake was my 2nd team tailback. And the reason is as the 2nd teamer he's one snap away from getting 15 carries a game and Williams being the every game only 3rd down back.

I'd trade a back maybe if I gained a more inside the tackles option as the 2 deep rb. Then attrition wise I have 2 backs that can shoulder a lions load and still a 3rd down option.

Williams probably only nets you a player for player trade anyways. Doubt you'd get any draft pick compensation.

Try to trade Fede if you trade anything as our roster stands right now.

Back
Top Bottom