Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

Using money this year and not rolling it over on a one-year contract is basically the same thing.

No it isn't. Because if we have 10 million in free cap in 2018 and $10 million in unused cap in 2017 . . . rolling over the Cutler money would of given us 20 million. Instead we will still only have $10 million in 2018 because we have used the $10 million unused cap from 2017 on Cutler.

(not sure how much money we have available in 2018, but the final product is now $10 million less than it would of been had we not signed Cutler).

Too much for my taste. The cap room is 5-6 million now. Landry gone because of this?

Why on earth would Landry have to go? Cutler is signed to a 1 year deal. This does not effect Landry's long term extension one bit. Why would it? Landry's new contract would effect next years cap space and beyond. Cutler will be off of the balance sheet before then. Whether you sign Landry to an extension right now, or at the end of the season, we don't need a lot of 2017 cap space to sign him to a long term deal. And if he wants more money for this season, they can work it where it still doesn't hit 2017's cap space much. Signing Cutler to a 1 year 10 mil deal does nothing to hinder the long term signing of Landry.

Not a bad move we needed A guy that Gase Felt comfortable with and knew the offense a little bit.

This is better than trading draft picks for a one year fixed.

One year deal so we have the cap Money back next year.

Kapernick was never going to be able to come to Miami with our fanbase, if people thought about it they're actually kidding themselves.

On the positive side could be interesting teams would have to game plan differently with only this year to scheme on our quarterback.

He had the oppty for a mea culpa during his SoFL presser but dug himself in even deeper. I'm not linking but Armando's passionate column following that lost opportunity is easily google-able and speaks to the sentiment down here.. with the power of the press, he'd be like a pitbull never letting go.

Bottom line, Kaepernick stood as much chance of coming to Miami as Riley Cooper does of signing with Atlanta or Detroit.

If our defense wasn't designed by scheme and personnel for a single purpose of "built to play with a lead" and could actually sustain the team in other areas, it would have provided a better chance that we could have actually landed a younger QB worthy of future development.

Instead, we had to scramble to bring in an old and retired QB whose only asset is a strong arm that just had shoulder surgery. Yeah, brilliant.

Cutler will win 10 or 11 games for the fhins, with the weapons we have wait and see !

YAY!!!......and keep us from going anywhere in the playoffs and put us again at the bottom third of draft order......what a great bargain!

Ironically I wanted Miami to draft Cutler back in 2006. He was projected to go to us by some including Mayock around the 18 spot I believe. Then draft week hype kicked in and Denver drafted him earlier than expected.

11 years later guess I got my wish. Lol.

And I don't know why this threatens Tannehill next year. He'll be 100% this time next year. He'll be just 30. And he'll be primed to go. Just sad to see him lose a full season. But happens to just about every QB. Silly to think he's suddenly a injury prone QB.

Panic situations like this are a result of having a one track minded HC.

giphy.gif

If our defense wasn't designed by scheme and personnel for a single purpose of "built to play with a lead" and could actually sustain the team in other areas, it would have provided a better chance that we could have actually landed a younger QB worthy of future development.

Instead, we had to scramble to bring in an old and retired QB whose only asset is a strong arm that just had shoulder surgery. Yeah, brilliant.

well, the point was always that we needed to draft well as soon as we started handing out big contracts (Suh, Tannehill etc.) i understand why QB was down on the list of the positions that needed to be addressed.

No it isn't. Because if we have 10 million in free cap in 2018 and $10 million in unused cap in 2017 . . . rolling over the Cutler money would of given us 20 million. Instead we will still only have $10 million in 2018 because we have used the $10 million unused cap from 2017 on Cutler.

(not sure how much money we have available in 2018, but the final product is now $10 million less than it would of been had we not signed Cutler).

What?!? 10 is 10 it's a one year deal not a two-year deal in which they would be dead cap money.

If you were rolling over 10 to have an extra 10 next year but you use 10 and that comes off the books at the end of this year you still have 10

We still have the unused Money of 10 million next year plus whatever the cap goes up

Rolling money helps with 2345 year contracts

One year deals are the same as rolling money over

I think you're trying to confuse money over the cap

And this is a $5 million deal with incentives to get to 10 million so as of now we're still rolling almost 9,000,000

Ironically I wanted Miami to draft Cutler back in 2006. He was projected to go to us by some including Mayock around the 18 spot I believe. Then draft week hype kicked in and Denver drafted him earlier than expected.

11 years later guess I got my wish. Lol.

And I don't know why this threatens Tannehill next year. He'll be 100% this time next year. He'll be just 30. And he'll be primed to go. Just sad to see him lose a full season. But happens to just about every QB. Silly to think he's suddenly a injury prone QB.
Maybe a high draft pick will make him vulnerable, but considering that Tannehill is presently more of a QB than the 3 main candidates combined, if he can show he's healthy, he's not going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom