Cutler cares | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler cares

Lucky Strikes was pretty good. I'll take that. No INT's, moved the ball, bought time in the pocket, managed the clock, got the minimum yardage to get into field goal range at the end. For a first game, it wasn't bad at all.

He was very much the controlled Cutler advertised from his year with Gase. Hopefully we take more shots downfield as the year goes on. That escape from a sack was great. Too bad nobody got open.

He looked great to me. Looked like he missed Landry for a TD but he was accurate rest of the day. Has very good pocket presence and trusts Parker for jump balls. Gase just gotta call plays that throw the ball 7+ yards.

the first halfs playcalling really held cutler back, we mustve ran 3 reverses and 6 screens and everything else was plays designed short of the sticks.

I think we got lucky because play calling was atrocious. We dodged the bullet but the slow starts continue. I'll cut Gase a bit of slack due to the storm in early trip out west and cobwebs but game management has to improve. I for one was pretty shocked he nearly dropped the ball on this one.

I thought Cutler played very well.

Very solid first game considering the circumstances.

That Cutler we saw today can lead us to the playoffs.

Cutler played well especially when they opened it up. It should get even better as he gets to know the receivers better. He had a good interview also. He sounds excited to be here.

He was very much the controlled Cutler advertised from his year with Gase. Hopefully we take more shots downfield as the year goes on. That escape from a sack was great. Too bad nobody got open.

This was a 1st week/1st year in Miami version of Cutler, he will get more accustomed with the players around him, and he will get better, with yes...more passes down field.

Sit back and hopefully enjoy the ride, because though is still don't think he is an upgrade over Tannehill, he will soon enough come pretty close if Gase can control him.

Loved his fire today. Got angry with himself for some bad throws, but his body language wasn't very Cutler-esque. He seemed to be having some fun out there.

This is going to sound odd, but the play that impressed me the most (outside of the two nice scrambles from pressure to hit Stills and Parker) was the play before the FG that made it 17-16. We all wanted a TD there. We needed a TD there. The drive was going backwards w holding and on 3rd down he rolled out to buy time, didn't see anything he liked and basically took a sack still well within FG range vs chucking it wildly across his body or doing some other foolish thing w the ball. That is the kind of thing Tannehill does so well - keeps you alive and doesn't lose you the ballgame right there. It was a mature Cutler making that play. Having said this, I do think that this type of "management" of the offense really only works at a championship level when you have a great run game (ok, check) and a great defense (vomit).

Back
Top Bottom