Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

One thing that's very apparent on this look is Julius Thomas is getting his *** kicked in the run game as a blocker. Doesn't matter if it's the strong safety Adams or the undersized backer lee Thomas is getting abused.

And a tight end that can't handle a strong safety in line or a undersized backer is a problem
Is Anthony Fasano alive? I know he's not supposed to do much receiving wise but where's his supposed excellent blocking for the offense? I rather just cut Thomas now and go with Gray

This thread is great!

Through 2 games this season:

Jay Cutler
Completions: 50
Attempts: 77
Yards: 450
Completion %: 64.9
Avg: 5.84
TD: 2
INT: 1
Passer Rating: 83.8

Ryan Tannehill
Completions: 0
Attempts: 0
Yards: 0
Completion %: N/A
Avg: N/A
TD: 0
INT: 0
Passer Rating: N/A

I'm disappointed by Tannehill's lack of production but at least he has kept to error-free football and not turned the ball over!

Based on hoops' tape review I can easily see Julius Thomas's becoming a red zone player exclusively, replaced by Fasano in the base offense. I have to wonder as well whether Isaac Asiata will be active and readily inserted if the LG play continues to stink.

I think Gray should start honestly. He's always making plays when he's in the game. Willing to block, has made some very good catches, and breaks tackles. (side note- if we are gonna try some fake punt bs again- give the god damn ball to Gray. He was a college qb for crying out loud!)

I think Steen had majority of the carries, but I know I saw Jesse Davis in there too.. Regardless, it wasn't pretty for the whole game pretty much. Asiata had some good moments in preseason, some mental blunders too... would have to think if he could shed some of that 340 lbs, he would move a bit lighter.

hoops- thanks for the breakdown on Cutler.. pretty much what I expected. We'd probably be getting more from the offense out of Matt Moore sadly... I know Cutler can chuck it, but man oh man, it has been scary so far. 14 more games.... I do like his ability to maneuver and escape the pocket, maybe Tannehill can pick up on that a little. Just imagine if he hadn't got hurt... he would be at some point this year with this OL how its looking so far.

Also speaking of RT, this game should make people appreciate what we had.

I would insert more marquis gray.

I can live without Julius 4 yard hook routes vs zone between the 20s which is pretty much what he's given us in the passing game thus far. And I can already tell he's gonna be soft in his stem.

We definitely need better left side of the oline play tunsil looks like he doesn't have the same short area lateral quickness like he's injured or something. The movement is missing

Tunsil is milking it. That's what I see

I have to admit that Tunsil has been disapointing so far. And he was labeled by some people as the best player in the draft but he's playing like a way below average LT right now. It's only two games but so far he's not what we're hoping he'll be

Ozzy rules!!

Would have been better with gifs but unfortunately that's not my forte.

Tunsil is playing left tackle like a guard

Reactions: <O>
I'm done I don't really have a problem with the play calling.

I also think that cutler looks like he still has an arm it's just nowhere close to what it used to be so when he bails out as much as he does the fast ball isn't there.

And that's a big deal cause he's rarely gonna step into a throw. We aren't fixing 35 year old mechanics. And he has no interest in taking contact. His eye level drops when he sees color

How does he compare to Matt Moore at this point?

What hoops said strengthens my argument even more.

Gotta stop blaming play-calling for terrible execution. Cutler killed drives with his terrible accuracy, and timing. If he wasn't one hoping things the team may have responded more to him and made plays.

Please take a look if you can and try to discover what exactly it was that the offense tried to do to counter the defensive penetration as the game went on. From my view it appeared to be almost nothing.

Of course, once you get into a situation where the opposing team knows you have to pass predominantly, it has quite the edge.

To answer this once we came out to open the 2nd half first possession and missed that 30 yarder to stills that would have put us in jets territory they went down and scored a td to go up 17 to 0 and more than anything I think Miami flipped the script from plan a play calling wise cause the game was no longer a 2 score one. At that point we were 3 possessions and 3 scores down and Ajayi was pretty much a figure head as a ball carry option. We were chasing the scoreboard and I think that more than anything played into how Miami called it and played it.

And there were plays to be made had primarily the qb executed properly and second the protection allowed them to be made.

Cutler killed a good number of drives with his own situational play.

Reactions: <O>
I don't think it'll be long before a switch is made to Matt Moore if this continues. With its well below-average pass defense, this team stands virtually no chance of being competitive if it can't mount drives and score on offense.

I just rewatched last year's Arizona game (game where Tannehill got hurt). Tannehill was looking like a top tier QB at this point in the season, IMO he looked MILES ahead of where Jay Cutler is in 2017, the whole offense was rolling. It's a damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom