Cutlers Last Stand | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutlers Last Stand

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I made this picture so that one day...perhaps we can look back on this season and laugh.

**** happens...but this game against the Jets was a total disgrace. Comparing it to Custers Last Stand seems very appropriate.

We were sold a lie. You'd think we were totally outnumbered. We were outmaneuvered. We were executed and we were scalped of our dignity.

Cutlers Last Stand 2017. What a waste.
Cutlers Last Stand.jpg

The real problem is Cutler? Gase, Burke not responsible? WR's who cannot get open? CB's who can't cover for more than 2 seconds? O-Line getting manhandled?

Still Cutler's fault?

I know I have been dumping on Cutler ever since they signed him but come on, it is ONE freaking game that has a **** ton of blame to go around. There are still a ton of games to play. Not to mention it took Gase four games last year to figure out how to win. Chill out. Let them do their jobs. Cutler, and God I can't believe I am saying this, has the excuse of coming in cold to the system. As opposed to most everyone else who has been here since last year or since the draft. Honestly if Tannehill was in people would have more of a right to be pissed at him than Cutler because he has been in Gase's system since last year.

People keep saying “it is one game” but it was against the worst team in the NFL and they looked really good against us. That game is a preview of what is going to happen this BS season. I had thought that we would be fine with Culter since he “knows” the system. At this point, not even Gase “knows” the system. Hell, now I think that we should pick up Kap and let him just run around. We could have gotten him for a lot less than 10m to lose games.

People keep saying “it is one game” but it was against the worst team in the NFL and they looked really good against us. That game is a preview of what is going to happen this BS season. I had thought that we would be fine with Culter since he “knows” the system. At this point, not even Gase “knows” the system. Hell, now I think that we should pick up Kap and let him just run around. We could have gotten him for a lot less than 10m to lose games.
The Jets are the worst team in the NFL? So what about the Niners, Chargers, Browns, Bengals, Giants, Saints, Colts and Bears who were all 0-2 coming into this week just like the Jets? Only the Colts, Bears, Saints and Jets managed to win. That is still a lot of teams who are 0-3. The ONLY reason why people are freaking about about this is because they had it chalked up to an easy win and clearly so did the Dolphins as they didn't show up. So yes, it is ONLY one game. You want to have a meltdown after three losses in a row then by all means do so. In the meantime try and relax and lets see how they adjust. If they don't adjust then we will know they are in trouble.

The Jets are the worst team in the NFL? So what about the Niners, Chargers, Browns, Bengals, Giants, Saints, Colts and Bears who were all 0-2 coming into this week just like the Jets? Only the Colts, Bears, Saints and Jets managed to win. That is still a lot of teams who are 0-3. The ONLY reason why people are freaking about about this is because they had it chalked up to an easy win and clearly so did the Dolphins as they didn't show up. So yes, it is ONLY one game. You want to have a meltdown after three losses in a row then by all means do so. In the meantime try and relax and lets see how they adjust. If they don't adjust then we will know they are in trouble.

Lol, yeah relax and watch them get raped next week and so on due to complacency. Out of all the teams you listed, yes, the Jets were the worst but we made them look like a solid team. With the talent Miami has, yeah, everyone should be worried right now.

Teams lose every week in the NFL. Teams get blown out by bad teams. It happens. Let's see how they respond.

"Judge a man not by the strength of his victories, but by how he handles defeat."

Lol, yeah relax and watch them get raped next week and so on due to complacency. Out of all the teams you listed, yes, the Jets were the worst but we made them look like a solid team. With the talent Miami has, yeah, everyone should be worried right now.
I'm sorry. How are the Jets worse than the Browns?

There are players who played poorly and there were guys who didn't look sufficiently motivated/prepared.

Cutler played poorly AND looked deflated. Gase himself looked flat and almost bored.

No point in listing all the players who fit on one or both categories. Can't think of anyone who didn't fit into either and who actually played up to the level of the opposition.

I think it's hardly possible to say this within reason when 24% of Cutler's 141 games as a starter during his career have been worse than yesterday's, in terms of his passer rating.

If history is any indication, he should be expected to perform as he did yesterday in roughly four of every 16 games he starts.

Cutler does stink, it was a horrible signing and a waste of cap space.

But he isnt the only issue

It was bad but it was in fact one game - how many times last year, during the first 4 games, did we have people absolutely convinced that the season was over, Gase was in over his head, Tannehill was trash, etc, etc, yada yada yada.

It was a really bad game on multiple fronts, including QB play - which we knew would happen for a few games with Cutler. Doesn't mean the team is hopeless or every game will be like this - it never is!

Cutler does stink, it was a horrible signing and a waste of cap space.

But he isnt the only issue

I still think he can help our team this season, but right now it's looking like you're right.

Back
Top Bottom