Cutler's over / under | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler's over / under

I see thill17 as qb who don't take chance as much as culter6. culter6 is more of gunslinger. that make lot of mistake during game. a little better version of mat8. talent wise they are same thill17 and culter6. it all depend on Adam....culter should be able to do same as thill17 number. if we are playing from behind qb number look better.

Not trying to be cruel.... but are you aware that or team can't execute 4 plays in even shells at TC without someone going down with an injury? Their dropping like flies.

Yeah I'm aware of the injuries too....we will field a well coached team with a solid game plan every week...our offense will be very tough to defend and we will score points that will keep us in the game...injuries suck and we have our share but...the season hasn't started and other teams will suffer injuries too...possibly during the season when it will be harder to adjust than during training camp with a full roster of (90) ? players and cuts coming from other teams...it still sucks but it's better now than during the season...we will overcome this

At one time in his career Cutler has thrown 28, 27 and 25. Not sure he does better than that in 2017. His highest was 28 with 18 picks.

The potential is there based on our playmakers....If Parker balls out and landry and stills does there thing, Ajayi pounds away and Julian plays @ 80 % of what he did in Denver.....we may be Aight

cutler can put up some numbers if you can protect him. the bears couldn't, and neither can we. plays 13 games. 20td 13int

I will modify my old post and say:

"I feel (Tannehill/now Cutler) may actually throw over 40 TD's. I suspect the offense will score on average 5 or more TD's a game. I think 40+ points a game will be this years standard performance. I believe Coach Gase when he said last season that this team has to have the offense stay on the field longer. Its clear to me that staying on the field longer and completing more drives will help the defense become less worn down and therefor more effective - especially at the end of the game, which in turn helps the offense get on the field more. This is what I am looking forward to seeing. I am certain this will become apparent as the season progresses and I really feel we can become the scoring monster that I am predicting."

I am telling you that these two guys are more similar in performance than any other two current QB's I'm familiar with. Both have great arms and both can throw while off balance. Both are good runners and smart enough not to run too often. Both have taken years of coaching abuse and physical punishment because of weak offensive lines. The biggest difference I see is in their mentalities. Tannehill tries to play by the book and this limits him a bit. Cutler gets frustrated after a while and tries to carry the team on his back. Both have played well in coach Gase's offense for a year and improved! Both are very smart QB's.

With the general improvements made this year in personnel, I expect the offensive line will provide better protection, the passing game will be what most other teams dream of, the running game will continue to progress and the defense will be better in general and especially in the red zone. The defense was somewhat effective in the red zone last year with limited talent. This brings up another issue I see here. I hope fans realize that coach Gase gets everybody on the team to play smarter and more disciplined. That's why they play better. This seems to be one of his greatest gifts, but it goes pretty much unnoticed. Sort of a "can't see the forest for the trees" kind of thing.

In Chicago he had second stringers playing like first stringers and third stringers playing like second stringers. That team was competitive after the first five games, even when they lost. A similar thing happened here last year, except the Dolphins not only competed but they won. Probably because Miami had a wider base of talented players than Chicago. The "Gase" train is on its way and I don't see it slowing down. By the way, in Chicago they had just as bad an injury history with key players as Miami did, so I don't see it becoming as big a problem as some folks on this forum seem to think.

"I feel (Tannehill/now Cutler) may actually throw over 40 TD's. I suspect the offense will score on average 5 or more TD's a game. I think 40+ points a game will be this years standard performance. I believe Coach Gase when he said last season that this team has to have the offense stay on the field longer. Its clear to me that staying on the field longer and completing more drives will help the defense become less worn down and therefor more effective - especially at the end of the game, which in turn helps the offense get on the field more. This is what I am looking forward to seeing. I am certain this will become apparent as the season progresses and I really feel we can become the scoring monster that I am predicting."

I am telling you that these two guys are more similar in performance than any other two current QB's I'm familiar with. Both have great arms and both can throw while off balance. Both are good runners and smart enough not to run too often. Both have taken years of coaching abuse and physical punishment because of weak offensive lines. The biggest difference I see is in their mentalities. Tannehill tries to play by the book and this limits him a bit. Cutler gets frustrated after a while and tries to carry the team on his back. Both have played well in coach Gase's offense for a year and improved! Both are very smart QB's.

With the general improvements made this year in personnel, I expect the offensive line will provide better protection, the passing game will be what most other teams dream of, the running game will continue to progress and the defense will be better in general and especially in the red zone. The defense was somewhat effective in the red zone last year with limited talent. This brings up another issue I see here. I hope fans realize that coach Gase gets everybody on the team to play smarter and more disciplined. That's why they play better. This seems to be one of his greatest gifts, but it goes pretty much unnoticed. Sort of a "can't see the forest for the trees" kind of thing.

In Chicago he had second stringers playing like first stringers and third stringers playing like second stringers. That team was competitive after the first five games, even when they lost. A similar thing happened here last year, except the Dolphins not only competed but they won. Probably because Miami had a wider base of talented players than Chicago. The "Gase" train is on its way and I don't see it slowing down. By the way, in Chicago they had just as bad an injury history with key players as Miami did, so I don't see it becoming as big a problem as some folks on this forum seem to think.
You are a true Fin fan my friend...I can only hope you're right...I do see the potential but I can also see the dark side...Being a Fin gan is tuff

Some of these interception numbers look high to me. If Gase calls this offense the way he called it in Chicago with Cutler, get ready for a lot of very safe completions for #6.

You also have to factor in that history tells us he will miss some time due to injury.

I suspect that with the receivers we have and with a running game that I expect to improve, we are going to see a balanced attack, BUT: I also expect that with just 1 second longer to throw the ball with the speed of the receiving core we have, we will see that ball get thrown all over the field, short, long and with better running after a catch. I think Gase's game plan will be similar to what a famous baseball player said 100 years ago: hit 'em where they ain't.

that's the spirit.

that said, if Cutler gives us anything north of 23 TD's and south of 16 INT's, I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom