Czar Foxsports.com: Ross Tidbit/Philbin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Czar Foxsports.com: Ross Tidbit/Philbin

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Perhaps nothing big, but it is the first time Philbin's name has been linked by national media. Should not surprise that he has been "researched", but it was still worth mentioning IMO.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ts-playoff-picture-scenarios-cardinals-122311

Miami at New England, 1 p.m. ET: The Dolphins’ brain trust was apparently right about Reggie Bush, who is 27 yards away from his first 1,000-yard season. Amazingly, Bush had only 944 yards combined in his past three seasons with the Saints. Still, how does Miami slow down the Tom Brady passing show? He finally connected with Chad Ochocinco on a touchdown pass last Sunday while targeting TE Aaron Hernandez nine times last week for 129 yards. Apparently, Miami owner Stephen Ross has researched Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin for his head-coaching vacancy for 2012

Incredibly premature post, but if Philbin was hired, Matt Flynn could be the answer to the quarterback position. The kid would be attracted to Miami because of Philbin and would understand the system.

I am not saying I would want this at the top of my list, but my interest would be up this offseason.

What I do not like about Philbin is he does not design or call his own plays. It is why I think Pete Carmichael is DSQ'ed. Those coaches should look to branch out to teams in which they have more autonomy.

Another thing about this is Matt Flynn really an upgrade over Matt Moore? I cannot answer that.

I'm pleased Ross is turning over plenty of stones as it looked like, at one point, he was determined to employ a Superbowl winning HC...

By the way, what's the reason for your username?

I'm pleased Ross is turning over plenty of stones as it looked like, at one point, he was determined to employ a Superbowl winning HC...

By the way, what's the reason for your username?

I liked the TV show...lol.

IF... that were the case, Id like even more so, picking Weeden for this offense in the late first by trading up from the 2nd. And with the 1st, id go after Blackmon, will put a lot of pressure down field and should take off pressure on Marshall. Move Carey back to RT and get a stud RG in FA.

They might as well hire a high school football coach.

I've said many times before that I would shoot for a blackmon weeden combo in the draft.

I'm not sure what to think of matt flynn... he looks good when he fills in for arod. But I don't see him as a major upgrade over matt moore...

Matt Flynn is not an upgrade to Matt Moore. He's just the next hot name in a league that is desperate for quality quarterbacks. Flynn's 68.1 career passer rating is nowhere near Matt Moore's career 80.8 or his 86.6 passer rating as a starter.

Since Philbin doesn't design or call his own plays, what exactly are his responsibilities in Green Bay? What makes him qualified to make the jump to head coach?

Since Philbin doesn't design or call his own plays, what exactly are his responsibilities in Green Bay? What makes him qualified to make the jump to head coach?

I agree. That is a huge issue with him and Carmichael.

The GB coach that should be on the radar is Winston Moss.

Another potential problem I see is green bay runs a spread,we don't have a spread qb on the roster.If Philbin's hired here could be a possibilty we try to sign Heene back unless Moore can convert.If we think we have something in Moore,than I think we'll be looking to bring in a coach that run's a more pro-style offense.

He can still be seen as the guy who ensured the development of aaron rodgers at quarterback.. Other than that, not much that attracts me to him as a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom