Damien Williams signs tender | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damien Williams signs tender

He might have competition from Storm and Smith

So I read that Blount is only getting $1.1M from the Pats....wow....18 TDS for $1.1M, and Damian didn't want to sign for $1.8M?

rodney-dangerfield-funny-actor-jump-gifs-animation.gif

So I read that Blount is only getting $1.1M from the Pats....wow....18 TDS for $1.1M, and Damian didn't want to sign for $1.8M?

No, there is more too it than that. They offered him a tender offer of 1.1 million and he has until July 22nd or 27th to accept it. He can still sign with a new team for a new contract, NE did this so they would qualify for a compensatory draft pick. It's sheer genius by Belichek. After that date in July he can only sign with New England for that amount.

They didn't do this to keep him, they did it to get a draft pick once he signs elsewhere. Worst case scenario for NE Blount plays for the 1.1 million for 2017.

How Belichek seems to understand the rules better than everyone else is frustrating.

I worry about guy's who think that their worth more than they are getting..My hope is this guy play's hard for his 1.8 Mil. and earns a good long term deal..Good for him, good for team..

I read where he was jealous of Gilislee who was getting much more from the Pats. From 800,000 to 1.8 mil seems fair to me.

He's not a better runner than Gillesee but he may be a better player when you add in receiving, pass blocking and special teams. It's better for the Dolphins that he is here, he knows Tannehill very well and they made some big connections last season. I hoping that he's yet another piece of what's looking to be a very damn potent offense! We need to catch a break or two and we'll really be fun to watch and tough to defend. Break #1 is let Mike Pouncey have no health set backs this season. Gase is going to lessen his work load so that he can be better on game day. Break#2-DeVante Parker-the buzz out of the team is that DP is crushing it, he came in in great shape and is improving as a route runner every day. Gase and Christianson both expect him to play like a star receiver this season. If we get those 2 breaks this offense will be awesome.

A
I worry about guy's who think that their worth more than they are getting..My hope is this guy play's hard for his 1.8 Mil. and earns a good long term deal..Good for him, good for team..
Agreed but you have to wonder why a player if signed with NE for that tender amount would be willing to play hard for that amount. I guess its pretty much assured that Blount will sign with another team. It will be interesting to see if Gase will start doing this same thing

Back
Top Bottom