Damn you Joe Schad!.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damn you Joe Schad!..

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
..Just when I had lost all hope and decided that this season is not meant to be, you go and start getting my hopes up again. :D

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/

"Freeman caught everything and was quicker than I expected him to be."

"Kendall Newson is legit."

"Donald Lee is a player."

Seriously, everytime I start getting excited for the upcoming season, something bad happens. These kind of comments start getting me pumped up again. I just hope and pray nothing more will happen to hurt our chances for a good season.

Your right, those quotes got me excited when I read them too. Maybe we're not as bad off as some people would have you think?

Schad's quickly becoming one of my favorite Dolphin-covering reporters.

Positive reviews are a nice substitute, but I'll wait until I see them myself before I bust a nut.
Besides, I value the reports by our finheaven bloggers more than a guy paid to sell newspapers.

t2thejz said:
Whos Tony Brown, Did he mean Tony Bua?

No he meant Tony Brown. He's a dlineman, #76, he made a couple nice plays today. KB knows alot about him so maybe he can fill you in.

Who did he mean when he said "John James"?? Jeno James or John Jones??

I believe John James is the tight end on our roster who missed the plane to Houston and was in the dog house for a little while. He's from the Ravens and he's a pretty good player. We've got three very good tight ends it looks like. I think we'll be seeing a lot of the two tight end sets this year.

ALL RIGHT!! I'm liking this! I haven't lost hope even with everything that has happened, and this is bolstering my excitement!

GO Dolphins!!!

Steve

DL Tony Brown
His scouting report last year coming out of college

(6-1 3/4 275 lbs. 4.95 forty) Memphis
Positives: Quick, strong player who runs well and has some thickness and power. Is a weight room warrior. Is powerful at the point of attack and can shed and disengage. A strong tackler who doesn't slow down on impact. Can run and chase. Became more of a leader in '02.
Negatives: Does not always play hard and seems to take downs off. Has size limitations and needs work on using his hands better. Can be lethargic and loose focus.
Summary: Not playing hard every down will cost him the chance to be drafted.

That was what PFW said about him last year. He was a three yr starter and played both DT and DE at Memphis; as an end in '01 he recorded 66 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and 7 sacks, in '02 playing both end and tackle he recorded 72-12-4; and was signed as an undrafted free agent by Carolina in 2003. He led the Panthers in sacks last preseason. He was signed by us from the Carolina practice squad late last season, but was not active for any of our late games.

To me he is intriging because he could be a good nickel pass rusher as a tackle. He has tough competition to make the team and would have to beat out guys like Dario Romero and Otis Grigsby who are both improving as well.

Back
Top Bottom