Damontre Moore's stock falling? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damontre Moore's stock falling?

state06

Active Roster
Reaction score
Russ Lande states that of the scouts he has talked to, none have Moore ranked in the first round. This came as news to me as only a few weeks ago we were hoping to see him drop to us at #12.

The National Football Post's Russ Lande has not spoken to an NFL scout who grades Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore in the first-round.

More here: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/131819/damontre-moore

If Damontre Moore's there at 12, I take him. He'd be perfect opposite Cam, and would give us that pass rushing boost. Hopefully Mike Sherman has a little insight on him and knows whether or not to pull the trigger come April.

Well, whoever was "hoping" Damontre Moore falls to #12 overall...it wasn't me.

I think he's monstrously overrated. He's quite good when being blocked by air. Not so much when being blocked by...a human.

Well, whoever was "hoping" Damontre Moore falls to #12 overall...it wasn't me.

I think he's monstrously overrated. He's quite good when being blocked by air. Not so much when being blocked by...a human.
85 tackles, 21 tackles for a loss an 12.5 sacks...never knew there was that much air in the SEC.

like the fact that the kid latched on to von millers parents as part of his maturation process.. he's got some holes in his game, but I think he'd be a helluva tandem with cameron wake.

If somehow we walked away from this draft with moore and carradine, I'd be drunk for ten straight days. I've been vocal about doubling up at the position for a long time now.. I dont' see that changing.

85 tackles, 21 tackles for a loss an 12.5 sacks...never knew there was that much air in the SEC.

Yeah and if you actually watch him play football and have an understanding of how he acquired those stats you understand that I spoke no word of lie.

to say damontre moore is "monstrously" overrated... is a bit much for even me to stomach, and I can really digest quite a bit to be honest.

I'd give you a bit over rated... even by my standards which are probably a bit stringent for some and loose for others perhaps... to say a guy is a top ten pick and have another say he is a top of the 2nd round pick... that would fall under a bit over rated IMO...

I would venture a guess that "Monstrously" over rated would mean that a guy who is generally considered a first round pick and in a lot of cases, a top ten pick, top 13 pick... is actually considered a middle 3rd or 4th round player...

i just can't get behind an accusation like that.

Watch his entire game against Alabama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3VF1vkiKFo

When does he really beat ANYONE in the video? Aside from one play, a run play, he beats tight end Brian Vogler (notice it wasn't Michael Williams) pretty good.

Hell, even little 5'11" and 185 lbs WIDE RECEIVER Christion Jones blocked him adequately.

And you know what, watch him play against Xavier Nixon and Florida. Watch him get 3 sacks because Jeff Driskel is a running quarterback that abandons the pocket and hangs his offensive linemen out to dry in the process. I've watched every snap of Xavier Nixon playing against Cornelius Washington, Jarvis Jones, Lavar Edwards, Sam Montgomery, Tank Carridine, Walker May, Jadaveon Clowney and Damontre Moore. Know whom he handled the easiest? It wasn't Walker May, Lavar Edwards or Cornelius Washington. It was Damontre Moore.

I think he moves around well in space. In fact he moves around so well in space, he is able to accumulate a remarkable amount of clean-up type stats off his motor. He might do well as a 3-4 OLB at the next level. But for all that, he's not fast. He's probably got 4.8 speed. I just don't ever see the guy threatening the quarterback IN the pocket. He seems to always get what he gets when the quarterback fails to use the pocket correctly, whether it be backing up or rolling out or just running straight into Damontre...plays where whoever is trying to block him is left with an impossible job to do. And naturally, when he's left completely unblocked and up to his own devices, he does quite well with his agility and play awareness. He's just not very strong.

to say damontre moore is "monstrously" overrated... is a bit much for even me to stomach, and I can really digest quite a bit to be honest.

I'd give you a bit over rated... even by my standards which are probably a bit stringent for some and loose for others perhaps... to say a guy is a top ten pick and have another say he is a top of the 2nd round pick... that would fall under a bit over rated IMO...

I would venture a guess that "Monstrously" over rated would mean that a guy who is generally considered a first round pick and in a lot of cases, a top ten pick, top 13 pick... is actually considered a middle 3rd or 4th round player...

i just can't get behind an accusation like that.

Just recently I have heard Todd McShay (who interestingly enough is now talking about Damontre's off field baggage) say that Damontre Moore could end up the #1 overall pick in the Draft. And he wasn't alone, others have consistently pegged him not just top 10 but top 5, top 2, and like I said McShay even suggested...top 1.

So yeah, I call that monstrously overrated. I think Russ Lande is closer to having the right of it when he puts Damontre in the 2nd round and notes that no scout he's talked to has Damontre in the 1st round.

one of the sacks against florida, i believe it was a the top of the 2nd qtr... was on a inside stunt play, that nixon followed moore in on, gave him a love pat or two, and when driscoll left the pocket, nixon still could have engaged moore and failed to do so... moore than pursued the qb on the scramble and caught him for the sack...

does the man really get zero credit for that?

Just recently I have heard Todd McShay (who interestingly enough is now talking about Damontre's off field baggage) say that Damontre Moore could end up the #1 overall pick in the Draft. And he wasn't alone, others have consistently pegged him not just top 10 but top 5, top 2, and like I said McShay even suggested...top 1.

So yeah, I call that monstrously overrated. I think Russ Lande is closer to having the right of it when he puts Damontre in the 2nd round and notes that no scout he's talked to has Damontre in the 1st round.

people have different opinions on a wide range of things... you don't seem to deal with that well.

for example... you and I have differing opinions on the meaning of the word "monstrously"... and just recently "off field baggage"..
he has quite a bit less baggage than say a von miller had coming out of A&M... at least IMO.

we also have differing opinions of just how many scouts tell the truth to every tom dick and harry this time of year...

is this the same russ lande who has ziggy ansah going #2 overall to jacksonville, keenan allen going #6 overall to cleveland, geno smith #7, ryan nassib #8..... I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into mr. lande... but to each his own.

one of the sacks against florida, i believe it was a the top of the 2nd qtr... was on a inside stunt play, that nixon followed moore in on, gave him a love pat or two, and when driscoll left the pocket, nixon still could have engaged moore and failed to do so... moore than pursued the qb on the scramble and caught him for the sack...

does the man really get zero credit for that?

If you're referring to this play, then no. No he doesn't get credit. It's more of the same. In fact I would note how strongly Xavier Nixon is able to punch and re-direct Moore, which is evident across his entire body of work. Nixon passes Moore off in the zone protection to an inside player because Damontre stunted inside after he got rocked by Nixon's punch. In the end, Moore is only able to get the sack because Driskel broke the pocket and created a favorable angle for Moore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kTNtQQvE7LE#t=69s

Now if you're talking about later in the drive when he executed an inside move to get the sack, yes Damontre Moore gets credit for that sack...which he got by beating right guard Jon Halapio, who will not likely be playing in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom