Dan Henning deserves some of the blame here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Henning deserves some of the blame here

I agree.

I hated some of the playcalling today. Way too predictable.

I agree.

I hated some of the playcalling today. Way too predictable.

i dont know what the hell that wildcat run to the left with white was.. definitely one of THEE worst play calls i have EVER seen

That play looked more like they were running the Double Option rather than the Wildcat.

News flash: Nobody is fooled by the Option in the NFL

agreed.... and i always find it frustrating when we rarely use playaction

we have Ricky and Ronnie in the backfield and we rarely did it. when we did we had some great plays connecting.

Our O-Line did pretty good with only a few breakdowns. We did run the ball well. But, you have to understand something. I don't care who you are, you can't keep holding onto the ball for more than 3 seconds in the pocket. The pressure will eventually catch up to you, and it did today. This is the reason we have the 3 second buzzer test for quarterbacks in training camp.

LOL...we ran the ball well? what game were u watching?

Tom Brady has way more than 3 seconds when he drops back...therefore he has enough time to make his best decision to his most open receiver. Its nice when you have blocking...

I don't think that the playcalling was anything special. And I think we went to the trick plays at times when we needed a conventional drive much more. But I think the real fault today lies with our execution. The offense committed four turnovers. That wasn't the coordinator's fault, it was the players.

the blame should go to the offense as a whole but specifically it was the o-line, turnovers and predictable, conservative, crappy play calling.

i mean cmon...were down 19-0 with 4 and a half minutes left in the game and were huddling wasting time and still "trying" to run the ball.

i mean cmon...were down 19-0 with 4 and a half minutes left in the game and were huddling wasting time and still "trying" to run the ball.

they did that because the team gave up and just wanted to run the clock out and go home... They gave up at the end and it was extremely embarrassing

i like some of the words... agreed

yes i wasn't fond on some of the playcalling, and as i stated not much playaction..... but yes, execution was poor!!! execution is still needed no matter what

The play calling is limited to what the QB can actually run. The sad thing is I think Penny can make some more throws, but he is playing it too safe. Check, Check, Check, Check....Throw the damn ball down the field Chad.

I definately agree with this. Dan had us throwing some bull $hit plays out there. I was screaming that in the bar today.Why can't we throw the f_ing ball down field? Why can't our recievers get open? Why can't we move the damn ball downfield? Sorry, just venting. Our offense has been like this for the longest(playing so damn conservative)... and i cant take it anymore

I think if this porous play calling continues, David Lee will take hold of the OC position. I'm intrigued to see what he can potentially do.

Carolina fired Henning because of his soft playcalling.

When is enough going to be enough for Sparano and Parcells?

Dishonorable mention goes to Dave DeGuglielmo. Deplorable offensive line play.

As I was cooking dinner i was thinking the same thing. I live in Carolina country so I hear about them all the time. And his playcalling up in Charlotte was atrocious, to say the least. He's too vanilla, Wannstedt-esque if you like. Maybe that's just me, but it's not just this game. And Dave D. really has got to do something with this line. I really didn't feel Masser was this bad last year. Actually thought he did a pretty decent job. I know it's one game and we can't hang our hats on it, i'm just kinda pissed on the letdown. Was soooo amped for this game, and now I just wanna kick my cat. (not gonna go all Vick on him) but Long, I expected more from him. He did so good last year, and Abraham just made him look like Damion McIntosh 2.0. It hurts, i'm my heart place. :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom