Dan Le Batard: Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross guilty of being human | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Le Batard: Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross guilty of being human

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pretty good article by Le Batard:

How is it possible that general manager Jeff Ireland, one of the most unpopular figures in the history of South Florida sports, still has his job?

After six years of mess?

After getting coach Joe Philbin a bunch of players Philbin didn’t use, Ireland’s 2013 draft picks playing fewer downs than any draft class in the league?

After that staining Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin absurdity that Philbin handled a lot better than Ireland as Ireland hid silently in the shadows?

Are these people idiot losers?

Where’s the leadership here?

These are the angry questions the raging customers are asking today, but there is an answer as to how all this is is possible. And, no, it isn’t because they are incompetent fools. It is because they are hopelessly human.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/05/3852778/dan-lebatard-miami-dolphins-owner.html

Dan LeBatard is an idiot and hopelessly inhuman

It's easy to let emotions get the best of you after the way the season ended, I'm guilty as charged. The only thing we can do is hope for the best, it's not like we make any of the decisions anyway or can do anything about the situation.

Maybe some truth to why he hasn't fired Ireland but when he does he will never work as a GM again.....Ireland should have tried to keep Ross off that plane and if he couldn't let Ross fire him then he would get a 2nd chance somewhere else......Loyalty is what Munchak did, he will work again and standing on principles people respect, being a lap dog to your boss may keep you employed but no one will respect you...when this is all said and done, I hope someone asks him if he would do it again, would love to know the answer....

Lebefart and Ross both have something in common...they both are horrible at what they do!

Dumb AZZ article . All these poor ignorant fans wanting Ireland fired because of five non winning seasons, the friggin audacity of them lol.
I guess Ross is just much smarter than any other owner or he is just some jackazz with a lot of money that owns an nfl team

La Batard has made a career of taking the contrarian view of any issue.

Great article. Thank you for posting. I had never really thought about the failed pursuit of Jim Harbaugh to coach the Dolphins as a defining moment in Stephen Ross' ownership of the Dolphins but this all makes sense. Ross had the people instincts to identify that Sparano wasn't cutting it and to see that Jim Harbaugh was likely to be successful. But he lacked the experience as an owner to ask the important football related questions and needed Ireland to join him. Ross' action ultimately pitted Ireland against Sparano and Parcells.
Stephen Ross' instincts were proven correct, but the loyalty not shown to Sparano has been rewarded with incredible loyalty to Ireland. My read is that Ireland knows that if he survives, then this is his last chance. One sometimes think of billionaire owners as being cutthroat and ruthless and from the Harbaugh flirtation, I assumed that Stephen Ross was just being pragmatic. After all, Sparano really was failing and all of the big fist pumps for field goals didn't fool us. That plane trip to meet with Jim Harbaugh cost Jeff Ireland his friendships with the Big Tuna and the Meathead, but it solidified his relationship with Ross. Ireland knows he needs to now deliver the talent to make further progress. Sometimes circumstances force a surprising result. Let's hope so.

I have it from an inside source that both Ross and LeBatard are aliens from Ur-anus..

Lebefart and Ross both have something in common...they both are horrible at what they do!
You realize that Ross is a self made billiionaire and the biggest real estate developer in New York City. Some would be bold enough to consider him a success.

Ross is to be respected for his business acumen - I personally am still hopeful that he will get the Dolphins on the right path via some good decisions in the near future.

even with him being an alien bent on human domination and all :)

wow!!!!

spot on article. and so many bashing it when EVERYTHING the guy wrote is truth.

ross put himself and this team in a cant win spiral starting with his harbaugh mess. KNOWING he knew NOTHING of his new biz en devour, he didnt bother to get with someone who knew what [and what not] to do. and we are paying the price. friends, families, careers, reputations and a 40 year top of the nfl franchise gone in 60 seconds.

this is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST WHATS WRONG WITH MIAMI article written in the last 4 years. hands down. dont hear anything about the content, only a lot of bashing and writing about the writer [whos no better or worse than any other sports hack]. this one just happens to write one that knocks it out of the park.

it points up the REAL trouble in miami and how futile things are at this point. and how it probably will be with mr... i was disloyal but im really a loyal guy ross at the helm.

there has been much discussion lately about who should come in, a gm, czar, etc..... . it is BLATANTLY apparent that what we need with clueless ross is a czar. ross needs to do NOTHING more than to write the checks and watch the win/loss column. because in the end, thats ALL its about, winning and losing. and ross better start making decisions based on those two things alone [remember jimmy johnson, don shula, bill walsh, tom landry, vince lombardi, bill billichek].

these guys who wait years to do the right thing only to hope that ONE winning season appears so they can go, "see, we know what were doing. sometimes it takes 14 years. now lets forget all that past stuff". thats what is in ross's and irelands minds right now. saving face, no matter how many years at the finz and their fans expense.

Eitherway! We should all fully expect a decision this week.

I'm not sure I fully get the "Ross is terrible owner' crowd. I may not agree with every move he makes, but the guy is trying! He is spending money, he has engaged fans, he is concerned about the "Dolphins" brand and he seems geniune in wanting to do the right thing. He may be going through a learning curve.....but the guy is smart and I'm sure he didn't become a success real estate developer repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Lets give this a chance. I don't know if he will make any changes or not, but I do know he is more familiar with what is going on than any of we are......

Back
Top Bottom