Dan Marino: A Football Life | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino: A Football Life

Watch him in the AFC championship game against Pittsburgh from the 1984 season. You will not see any more beautiful throws by anyone who has ever played the game than Dan had in that game.
He was so lethal that day. They blew them out even if Pitt made the score somewhat respectable kind of. I remember that game - after the first quarter you never sweat / contemplated that we could lose the game. Dominant performance by no 13.

I was 9 years old and knew very little about football, but I KNEW I was watching something special in that AFC Championship game! If only I knew at the time that I might never see the Dolphins play in another Super Bowl, I would have paid closer attention to that year's and savored it!

Yea he was special but when he was really rocking is when he had the Marks brothers. Go back and watch the games when the brothers were in their prime. They bailed him out of a lot of not so good throws. He was still the best thrower I ever saw. Arron Rogers next. Then Warren Moon.

It was his prime....but Irving Fryer did his best work with him...as did Keith Jackson....Mark Ingram....etc etc etc

Also....the rules changes Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees benefited from can not be overstated....Dan the Man would throw 60/6000 under these rules.

It was his prime....but Irving Fryer did his best work with him...as did Keith Jackson....Mark Ingram....etc etc etc

Also....the rules changes Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees benefited from can not be overstated....Dan the Man would throw 60/6000 under these rules.
Right on w Fryar, Ingram and Jackson. Dan made every receiver better - even no names like Vince Heflin and Lamar Thomas :)

Thanks OP. I will be firing up Kodi tonight for sure. Been waiting for this one for a while.

Hate it that he never made and won the Super Bowl! But a great QB he was.

Back
Top Bottom