Daniel Jeremiah has Miami taking QB Josh Allen at pick 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah has Miami taking QB Josh Allen at pick 11

That's not a bad choice. With any luck we won't be sniffing anywhere around the 11th pick anytime after this year. If we were picking say, 27th , then I wouldnt move up for one.

bit a stupid draft scenario if your ask me, for a few teams.

Cant see the Colts passing on Quenton Nelson if they want to use Luck for the next 5 years of so.
Cant see the Bears passing on Calvin Ridley if the want Trubinsky to succeed.
Cant see Miami passing on either Derwin James at FS or Orlando Brown for the O Line.

I saw that mock too. I could see Allen going around that point of the draft. Maybe we can trade down with another team. I'm not sold on Allen and his "measurables/potential" which basically means he has done anything yet and his stats show that. I can't think of one QB who had similar college career (and in a weak conference) and went on to have a great NFL career.

He also has Denver passing on a quarterback, which I don't see happening.

Even if the Broncos sign a veteran like Alex Smith, I think picking that high with a group of good quarterbacks available they'll take one.

Adam Gase will like Josh Allen. I don't think that will be enough that Miami will take him at 11 but I am pretty sure Gase will like him.

He also has Denver passing on a quarterback, which I don't see happening.

Even if the Broncos sign a veteran like Alex Smith, I think picking that high with a group of good quarterbacks available they'll take one.

I see the Donkos getting someone like Kirk Cousins. They're built to "win now" (at least in their eyes), and Cousins would >>>> rookie.

I see the Donkos getting someone like Kirk Cousins. They're built to "win now" (at least in their eyes), and Cousins would >>>> rookie.
Yeah, that would make a lot of sense for them. I keep thinking Cleveland will end up dealing their #4 overall pick to a team needing a quarterback. That is definitely something to watch.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense for them. I keep thinking Cleveland will end up dealing their #4 overall pick to a team needing a quarterback. That is definitely something to watch.

Being the (fairly) secretive organization we are, I'm curious to how interested we actually are in a QB...if we want a guy like Allen (even Rosen)...I wonder if we'd actually pony up to get him. We've done similar things in the past, though under different leadership.

I'd be happy with Allen. Ecstatic really...wouldn't expect him to come in and start Day 1, but he's a guy I could see developing over a few years then starting around 2020 or so when Tannehill's current contract expires.

Being the (fairly) secretive organization we are, I'm curious to how interested we actually are in a QB...if we want a guy like Allen (even Rosen)...I wonder if we'd actually pony up to get him. We've done similar things in the past, though under different leadership.

I'd be happy with Allen. Ecstatic really...wouldn't expect him to come in and start Day 1, but he's a guy I could see developing over a few years then starting around 2020 or so when Tannehill's current contract expires.

I haven't seen Allen play except highlights. I'll defer here to others who have watched him live. That said, I agree with you that Miami may "pony up" for a quarterback. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm watching Cleveland's #4 overall pick because that seems like the sweet spot to trade up for teams wanting one of the top four qb's.

Back
Top Bottom