Daniel Jeremiah mock 4.0 4/4/17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah mock 4.0 4/4/17

Talk about one of the worst case scenarios for us.

That's about the only potential situation that beats Lamp or McDowell as turn the TV off and skip the rest of the draft for me.

Talk about one of the worst case scenarios for us.

That's about the only potential situation that beats Lamp or McDowell as turn the TV off and skip the rest of the draft for me.

Peppers isn't my top choice, but when you factor the new Safety heavy defenses that NFL teams are starting to play with, that peppers can play S and WOLB on passing downs and his superior athletic ability, it really wouldn't be a bad choice imo.

I like the play making and athleticism Peppers brings and would love the pick but I can't see it. If it fell like that I think they go Willis, Davis, Harris or Watts. Though I agree that the QB class is not that good, some team will grab a QB in the top 10. Willis in the second at best? meh

I have mixed feelings about Peppers. I honestly think in the right system fit he has a chance to be a superstar. By all accounts, he's a team guy and an alpha personality. Also, apparently is a hard worker. That bodes well when you put it together with his talent. Just not sure Miami would be the right spot for him.

With the NFL going more and more with five defensive backs on passing downs, a hybrid type like Peppers isn't a bad idea. That's probably another reason why the Dolphins likely won't take a linebacker as high as some of us fans would like. If two linebackers are on the field 65 percent of the time, how important is your third guy? Food for thought.

You draft Peppers you also get a legitimate threat to return a KO or punt each time he drops back. Good bye Jakeem Grant and take a seat Jarvis Landry.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I have mixed feelings about Peppers. I honestly think in the right system fit he has a chance to be a superstar. By all accounts, he's a team guy and an alpha personality. Also, apparently is a hard worker. That bodes well when you put it together with his talent. Just not sure Miami would be the right spot for him.

With the NFL going more and more with five defensive backs on passing downs, a hybrid type like Peppers isn't a bad idea. That's probably another reason why the Dolphins likely won't take a linebacker as high as some of us fans would like. If two linebackers are on the field 65 percent of the time, how important is your third guy? Food for thought.

In nickel...what two LBs will be on the field?

Obi Melifonwu is better than Peppers as a S/OLB
In coverage perhaps. Overall I disagree. Peppers can cover a TE, excels in blowing up screens, strong support in the run game. He's a tremendous athlete that makes plays in all 3 phases of the game.

In coverage perhaps. Overall I disagree. Peppers can cover a TE, excels in blowing up screens, strong support in the run game. He's a tremendous athlete that makes plays in all 3 phases of the game.

Yikes. He gets engulfed when faced with blockers and driven far out of the play. He's not nearly as physical as a Duane Bucannon to play a hybrid LB role in the Nickel. Peppers remains a 3rd rd prospect and mainly b/c of his return skills. He's going to need a good amount of development defensively.

Yikes. He gets engulfed when faced with blockers and driven far out of the play. He's not nearly as physical as a Duane Bucannon to play a hybrid LB role in the Nickel. Peppers remains a 3rd rd prospect and mainly b/c of his return skills. He's going to need a good amount of development defensively.

Peppers is a dynamic red shirt sophomore, a lighting on the field safety, sorry son of sam, he's more than a 3rd round prospect.

disclaimer: he's not elite, could be nut job crazy but he's worth the time at #22

Peppers is a dynamic red shirt sophomore, a lighting on the field safety, sorry son of sam, he's more than a 3rd round prospect.

disclaimer: he's not elite, could be nut job crazy but he's worth the time at #22

:lol:

My favorite are the 4:01, 4:07, 5:15, 5:41, and 6:14 marks when he pretends to play LB. Zero ball skills and hovers over the piles like Kiko Alonso. Throw me a bone when you find a single play that displays this "dynamic" defender you claim.

[video=youtube;qUJeUXpo_Ik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUJeUXpo_Ik[/video]

I get the feeling if Peppers were to announce today that he won't return punts or kickoffs in the NFL his stock would plummet drasticly. I don't think anyone would mention him as a first round prospect and half the mock drafts would drop him out of the second round too.He's a great athlete and could turn out to be good defensive player, but I don't think his defensive tape stacks up to some of the other safeties and linebackers who are slotted for round two.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite are the 4:01, 4:07, 5:15, 5:41, and 6:14 marks when he pretends to play LB. Zero ball skills and hovers over the piles like Kiko Alonso. Throw me a bone when you find a single play that displays this "dynamic" defender you claim.

I'm taking him as a Safety not a Linebacker. Clearly he has ball skills, he's a natural on the field, interceptions are not the only indicator.

I like him...He's cool. Miami's slow defense could use some Peppers spark.

Back
Top Bottom