Daniel Jeremiah Top 50 board.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah Top 50 board....

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Obviously everyone still has a lot to learn about all these prospects and everyone's board will change several times but I sort of like this top 10 with the exception of Marcus Davenport. I think this is way too high for him. Also surprised by #12.

#2,3,4 & 9 would be my top choices for Miami.

Want to see a vastly improved defense this year? #3 or 9 would be my pick if (when) Chubb is gone.

Davenport's interesting. I only saw him in one game (vs FIU) and while I thought "This guy's going to be playing on Sundays soon," he also didn't look to me like a top ten to fifteen pick. And I've heard that he's also got that Myles Garrett type of personality -- has interests outside of football, wants to be considered a renaissance man, etc. -- which is of course something that will scare off old school meathead GMs.

But apparently he was dominant in Senior Bowl practices and his athletic test numbers were jaw-dropping. Incredible boom or bust potential type of prospect... I think I'd be OK with rolling the dice at 11, but then again, I'm an idiot when it comes to the NFL draft.

no mark Andrews in the top 50 I got to be missing something....gonna have to take another look at that

no mark Andrews in the top 50 I got to be missing something....gonna have to take another look at that

I only really watched him in the college playoff game and he looked pedestrian. Most of the game he was a nonfactor.

Some people just aren't excited about DT's, I am not one of those people. It's the second most important position in football.

#9 all day long.

After that we to need find out how to acquire #30 (Billy Price).

I would love that. If we walk away with those two players I would be ecstatic. Would allow us to possibly move on from Pouncey 10 game seasons.

I like both of the Georgia RBs. Interesting to note that Jeremiah rates Sony Michel at #28 and Nick Chubb at #49. Either would look great in a Dolphins jersey. I actually expected Chubb to be rated higher of the two.

Last edited:
I would love that. If we walk away with those two players I would be ecstatic. Would allow us to possibly move on from Pouncey 10 game seasons.

yes, but likely not til after 2018.

I'd take Nelson at 11 (If possible) and still take Price if I could with my second pick (Zero chance he's available at 42)

yes, but likely not til after 2018.

I'd take Nelson at 11 (If possible) and still take Price if I could with my second pick (Zero chance he's available at 42)

Based on contract or stubborn FO? Pouncey has a $7M cap savings and only $2M dead hit this year. I agree about Nelson and Price. Even the Arkansas center in round 2. I would still lean defense early but I just want impact trench players.

Some other draft thoughts....

1. Taking a DE not named Chubb at 11 sort of scares me. I don't really see a top heavy DE draft class.

2. A few positions I would take off my board at the 11th pick are CB, RB, TE, OT, WR, DE & QB. That leaves DT, LB, FS, OG.

I don't see CB or RB1 as a need. I would look at TE or OL in round 2.

My Dolphins board would look like this....(subject to change)

1 Nick Chubb
2 Tremaine Williams
3 Vita Vea
4 Minkah Fitzpatrick (FS)
5 Quenton Nelson

I think if those players are gone, I am trying to trade down to get some more picks.

Some people just aren't excited about DT's, I am not one of those people. It's the second most important position in football.

#9 all day long.

After that we to need find out how to acquire #30 (Billy Price).

That also makes OG's more valuable in today's game. That's where Miami has really missed the boat. The division is loaded with good DT's and yet were "defending" them with less than average guards.

Some other draft thoughts....

1. Taking a DE not named Chubb at 11 sort of scares me. I don't really see a top heavy DE draft class.

2. A few positions I would take off my board at the 11th pick are CB, RB, TE, OT, WR, DE & QB. That leaves DT, LB, FS, OG.

I don't see CB or RB1 as a need. I would look at TE or OL in round 2.

My Dolphins board would look like this....(subject to change)

1 Nick Chubb
2 Tremaine Williams
3 Vita Vea
4 Minkah Fitzpatrick (FS)
5 Quenton Nelson

I think if those players are gone, I am trying to trade down to get some more picks.

I don't see corner as a need either, but if a shutdown guy is there that's one of those positions where you can never have enough talent. Really depends how the draft falls.

Back
Top Bottom