Danny Watkins at OG over Pouncey! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Watkins at OG over Pouncey!

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This guys looks like a Matt Light clone. Would love to be able to trade down and grab this guy late int he first over Pouncey.

Edited: IF we go Oline in the 1st which is highly possible.

i love danny watkins...again though not before a serious trade down...reason i think pouncey makes more sense for miami than watkins is pounceys the more athletic move guard we need...but watkins is a hell of a football player and despite the advanced age not close to a finished product

i've got zero problem with watkins in the top 30...

I have some pretty severe reservations about a guard in the first round, even one as "can't miss" as Pouncey (yes, when your identical twin goes to the NFL and becomes an All-Pro as a rookie, I consider you "can't miss"). But a 27 year old relatively small school guard who's making the switch from LT and really hasn't even played much football?

Jesus, man. I like Watkins as much as anyone... but stop the insanity.

danny watkins lit up the senior bowl week and game...late 1st round grade in my book

Pouncey looks like a prototype LG for what the Miami Dolphins are trying to do, but you can't draft him at 15. If they pick up a 2nd, then I can make more sense of the pick.

I have never been completely sold on taking a QB in this draft anyways . . . A. drafting a first round QB on a regime that was damn near out of here and are 3 years in just doesn't seem sensible B. Can they develop a first round guy if we get one?

They had their chance at a QB, and they chose Henne . . . they promised 4 years . . . its year 4, they shouldn't even be allowed another shot at a QB. Do something with the one you drafted or get out and let somebody else get a crack.

I have no problem drafting Pouncey if the Dolphins are able to trade down and still nab Ponder with the 2nd pick they get.

...but since I don't see that being possible, I'd have to say I'm against Pouncey in the 1st.

I dunno, I think purely as a Guard I probably would rate Watkins over Pouncey. But the age figures into it.

I would say Watkins is definitely in play for us after trading down (and it's highly likely they trade down again - maybe out of the 1st round completely). Watkins is probably more in keeping with the sort of linemen they seem to go for than Pouncey. Just as versatile as Pouncey in that he can probably play right tackle as well as Pouncey can play center.

As for being 27, well Ireland isn't going to care much about that. Guards can play forever anyway

i say this year if they go qb, it will be one daboll likes, look what he did with mccoy in cleveland

I dunno, I think purely as a Guard I probably would rate Watkins over Pouncey. But the age figures into it.

I like Watkins fine. I think he has a nice mean streak. I just don't see what REALLY separates him from Moffitt. I absolutely see what separates Pouncey. He plays just as strong as - if not stronger than - either, and he has that balance and athleticism that sets him apart.

I could be missing something. You, hoops, and Mayock speak very highly of Watkins. In what ways do you see him pulling ahead of Pouncey?

for my money watkins has better feet and is a better athlete than moffitt...i have a 4th round grade on moffitt...i see a limited athlete personally...

watkins has powerful hands and sits down well with good knee bend in pass pro...powerful straight line run blocker as well ...terrific prospect...can find the target at the 2nd level and makes solid sustained contact...has a mean streak...consider he's only been playin football for like 4 years after trying his hand as a fire fighter and his wrestling background and this isn't a finished product...despite the age...if this kid was 22 he might be that rare exception for me with a top 20 interior player grade...versatile also...i think he can play some tackle but not great height or length for the position despite playing a mean left tackle at baylor

outstanding work in the senior bowl...i keyed him and was highly impressed...i'm hearing the patriots have major interest

i would to use a mayock term bang the table for danny watkins as a pro

times sure change dont they, saw this as a suggested thread at the bottom of the thread saying we had signed him

Back
Top Bottom