Dan's conversation with Jay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan's conversation with Jay

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Dan's conversation with Jay goes something like this:

Dan- "Hey Jay, I am back"

Jay- "Yeah I saw the press conference, you must be excited"

Dan- "Well it's a new position for me, kind of like you becoming a starting QB for no good reason"

Jay- "Obviously you haven't heard about the secret pics I have of Wannstedt and Jimmy Johnson."

Dan- " No I wasn't aware, is that why you keep your job?"

Jay- "Heck Dan, that's how I GOT my job."

Dan- "Well you know that Dave doesn't control who he coaches now right?"

Jay- "Yeah, I heard, but I figured he still has some say"

Dan- "No actually he doesn't"

Jay- "Have you noticed the O-line really needs improving?" "I could also use a receiver opposite Chambers too"

Dan- 'Why is that?" "You missed Chambers 85% of the time he went deep." "What good would another receiver do you?"

Jay- "Well our timing was a bit off...."

Dan- "Look Jay, I realize you can't control your lack of talent." "I also recognize the fact that you have a heart as big as those martian looking ears, however it's putting the two together that's important."

Jay- "Well we all can't be Dan Marin..."

Dan- "I am going to stop you right there before I shove this football in your mouth." "Here is the deal, I will give you 1 million a year to start the season." " My plan is to draft a kid I have had my eye on for a couple years now, and since you like to throw interceptions so much, I figured who better to learn what NOT to do from, than you Jay."

Jay- "Gee thanks Dan."

Dan- " I will let your stats speak for themselves" "Besides, do you honestly think there is a team in this league who is going to sign you to start?!"

Jay- "Well I hear that the Chargers..."

Dan- "Again I hate to keep interupting you, but the Chargers already have a half wit QB with more heart than skill." "Get a clue"

Jay- " a million a year huh?"

Dan- "It's more than your worth, trust me"

Jay- "Well, can I keep playing if I do well?"

Dan- "Oh sure, heck we'll even give you a bonus"

Jay- "Really, like what?"

Dan- "I have a box full of these really nice gloves..."

Jay- "Sounds good, see ya at mini camp"

Dan- (walking away)"Not if I release you first"

Jay- "What was that?"

Dan- "Oh nothing..."

I like Jay but that was funny. good work 87.

The funny thing is that Marino's position makes it HIS reponsibility to decide on who are going to be cap casualties..........

Can you imagine Spielman telling Dan...."Dan, we should release Jay."

Dan then says: "Pack him a bologna sandwich and show him the door."

Oh I like Jay too, it's just that seeing Dan today in front of the Dolphins logo brought back the memories of greatness. That and watching all the teams in the playoffs (save for the Panthers) have outstanding QB's...it just brought some things to light for me.

We all learn at our own pace. Jay is a gutsy guy with an all pro heart, it's just wrapped up in an average skill player.

I do hope he sticks around, cause I don't see any viable options at QB, and given a decent line, I think he could get us into the playoffs next year grooming a rookie.

We'll see.

Delhomme is getting better. He really is.

VIABLE OPTIONS???

Originally posted by dolfan87
Oh I like Jay too, it's just that seeing Dan today in front of the Dolphins logo brought back the memories of greatness. That and watching all the teams in the playoffs (save for the Panthers) have outstanding QB's...it just brought some things to light for me.

We all learn at our own pace. Jay is a gutsy guy with an all pro heart, it's just wrapped up in an average skill player.

I do hope he sticks around, cause I don't see any viable options at QB, and given a decent line, I think he could get us into the playoffs next year grooming a rookie.

We'll see.

Nothing against you 87 but now the search will be done through Marino's eye's. I trust his judgement more than all of us put together.:) :)

Good one! Some good chuckes.

But there are plenty of options out there, and Dan will explore them. He's gonna go all out just like he did as a player. He's not going to put up with mediocrity, which is all Jay is.

I believe Jay will be gone. We will see Brunnell, Garcia or Warner for sure, with a draft pick on the horizon.

I just keep thinking to myself...maybe Peyton Manning...you just never know. I remember that interview Marino did with Manning about a month ago...Manning really respects Marino...I think Miami will go after someone big on offense this offseason...I know that we have cap problems and would have to give Manning a lot of $$$ but you never know!!! I can dream...right?

Go Fins!!!

:rofl: 87

but Dan will have little say of the choice the team makes - Speilman is the man

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I just keep thinking to myself...maybe Peyton Manning...you just never know. I remember that interview Marino did with Manning about a month ago...Manning really respects Marino...I think Miami will go after someone big on offense this offseason...I know that we have cap problems and would have to give Manning a lot of $$$ but you never know!!! I can dream...right?

Go Fins!!!

Don't dream like this dude. Manning is the gem of the league...he's going no where. Dreaming like this will only hurt you....similarly to how I used to be convinced I'd wake up, roll over, and Charlize Theron would be next to me.
Imagine my disappointment when would see my wife...
:drool:

Originally posted by dolphan39
:rofl: 87

but Dan will have little say of the choice the team makes - Speilman is the man

Exactly 39, Dan is just a "football guy in the front office"

Everyone, including ESPN, is missing the point that Spielman was the one promoted to GM, and it will be his choice on who the personel is.

Dan is his boss, but I really think his lack of front office experience is going to make him lean on Spielman, and Co. for advice this first year.

We'll see

Back
Top Bottom