dansby walk, bring in te'o | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dansby walk, bring in te'o

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
Te'o will be a one of the best inside linebackers in the league after a short time in the league. The guy breathes playmaker and thats what we need. We can address olb/ de, safety, and wr in free agency but we also need to open up some more cap room. We need a make over on defense and first things first is shedding dansbys awful contract.

Can we do that? Dansby still has a few left on his contract and Te'o will probably be long gone before we pick. He'll probably be a Brown, a Jag, or a Raider before he ever gets to us. Let's just hope the Jets or Bills don't slide down enough to pick him up.

It'd be nice to pick Khaseem Greene to groom as Burnett's replacement. And I also like Skov in the later rounds. I can see him wearing the #54.

Our starting LBs are prob set at least for another year. But what mosto good teams do is foresee the changing of the guard and draft their replacements before the fact (patrick willis anyone?). Teo would be great but will be gone by the time we pick. Ive mocked US picking up Skov in the 4th and Chase Thomas as OLB in the 3rd, both "football players" if you know what i mean.

I think we need to CB in 1st, the drop off after miliner and Banks and the other from FS is noticeable.
1-CB (trade back a bit and pick up another 3rd).
2-TE (if Eifert available)
2-DE
3-FS
3-OLB
3-WR
4-ILB

Note: this all hinges on us picking up a starting WR in FA

If we let Long walk, consider signing Volmer as OT to pair up with Martin.

TE? Lol. Dude, we need to pick our WR there. Eifert will be gone in the 1st.

Can you be so sure Te'o gone if we pick 5-7? Especially with our schedule even Jax presents problems

Yeah, i Know. Long shot that Eifert is there. But if he is there, you have to take him, then take a WR with our next pick in the 2nd or the 3rd (no later). There will be some pretty solid WR left deep into the 3rd.

You take If you sign someone like Wallace, you have a bit less pressure to jump on a WR and allows you go to BPA at DE, CB and WR. Now if you're top rated player at that point is WR, then by all means pull the trigger.

If we dont' take werner, or mingo with our first pick especially if its at ten or so, I will be sour on the draft.

I like this order instead, depending on how the board falls, but I am in no way, picking anything besides edge rusher with our first.

1. DE
2. CB/WR
2b. CB/WR
3. FS
3b. TE

as for a fourth-7th... thats where I have been trying to pile in depth and future contributors. aj klein, is a guy I have a huge target on, or jake knott. either would be good for this team.
than I think a change of pace back, a quick wide reciever for special sets, and probably some more flyers on a corner or two.

the problem with signing a guy like wallace is he is a RFA last time I checked. thats not going to come cheap. either sign an UFA, or don't do it at all.

there should be a handful of pretty good WR's and CBs to pick from at the top of the second round, we just have to see how the draft falls in line with our board and take BPA while filling one of the two positions IMO

Te'o will be a one of the best inside linebackers in the league after a short time in the league. The guy breathes playmaker and thats what we need. We can address olb/ de, safety, and wr in free agency but we also need to open up some more cap room. We need a make over on defense and first things first is shedding dansbys awful contract.
Getting rid of Dansby would be the exact opposite of freeing up cap room, lol. His cap hit next year is over $11 million, the dead money from that contract alone would hurt our cap space and then we have to find a player to take his spot. This team is not in position to make holes when there are so many that need to be filled.

Miami needs someone who can rush the passer. That's the only way we are going to gain ground on New England. We can get wide receivers in the 2nd round. Give me Werner, Jones or Jordan in Round 1.

Yeah, i Know. Long shot that Eifert is there. But if he is there, you have to take him, then take a WR with our next pick in the 2nd or the 3rd (no later). There will be some pretty solid WR left deep into the 3rd.

You take If you sign someone like Wallace, you have a bit less pressure to jump on a WR and allows you go to BPA at DE, CB and WR. Now if you're top rated player at that point is WR, then by all means pull the trigger.

i was reading some of the draft guru and one of them was mike mayock sayin that there was a handfull of elete WRs in this draft and thatafter those where gone that it dropped off big time , so imo we need to go after WR and CB WITH THE FIRST 2 PICKS then go from there.

We dont need to pick a ILB that high but if we did, Id rather have Alec Ogletree from Georgia. He is a Junior who will most likely come out early. Insanely athletic. Lots of speed. Punishing tackler

Dolphins will have to lose a lot more games to get him. I'll pass on that.

Having watched Werner against Florida he would be a amazing pick up for us. The only FSU player that worried me at all on Saturday. I think he's gone well before we pick though, as will Teo. There are so many areas we need to strengthen this year that clearly FA will play a big part in who we end up with in the round 1.

Back
Top Bottom